Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a cold compression test on mine today

The 3 easy to access cyclinders all read 130...one was the cylinder thats missing so thats good news.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be coil and or plug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discovered today that all the play in my shifter is the actual shifter moving between the two riveted peices. Anybody have the website for that guy selling the refurbed/modded shifters?
    Last edited by SupaMan; 01-24-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2003 BMW e46
    1997 Saturn SC2 Turbocharged - Build Thread
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaMan View Post
    Discovered today that all the play in my shifter is the actual shifter moving between the two riveted peices. Anybody have the website for that guy selling the refurbed/modded shifters?
    His e mail is bradytp@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Stared at the RockAuto Box with my Timken bearings and SKF retaining clips inside. One day I may actually open it.
    2) Drove on the highway, which reminded me I need to do the wheel bearings, which reminded me I should probably open the RockAuto box sooner rather than later.
    3) Found out that what was my 95SC2 w 235K on the body and 50K on a reman DOHC is now parked by my nephew (I gifted it to him), who bought a new used vehicle. He didn't trade it in because he knew how much the car meant to me (and to him)

---> sounds like a turbo project car to me......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TDA ---kudos for not chasing the reckless mofo -- running lights is just not worth it...you've already been in one accident as a result of that dolt

As for insurance, I can't see how they could call the 2nd damage preexisting if they already did the damage estimate for the first accident.
    And not to be a downer, AND I MAY BE WRONG, but if YOUR car does not have collision coverage on it, I don't think your insurance co will go after his, as YOUR insurance company technically owes you nothing. He was insured at the time of the accident, so he can't be considered uninsured after the fact even if they drop him.

The best thing you can do is what you are already doing which is pursuing criminal charges against him.
    Give him a line item on his rap sheet so that next time he goes to switch jobs, it'll come up in a search (some misdemeanors do) ---hmmm....do I really wanna hire someone who can't own up to an accident and runs like a scared child? (on meth)
    You may also want to file a civil lawsuit for the property damage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2Sick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 02SL1WHT View Post
    His e mail is bradytp@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    As for insurance, I can't see how they could call the 2nd damage preexisting if they already did the damage estimate for the first accident.
    And not to be a downer, AND I MAY BE WRONG, but if YOUR car does not have collision coverage on it, I don't think your insurance co will go after his, as YOUR insurance company technically owes you nothing. He was insured at the time of the accident, so he can't be considered uninsured after the fact even if they drop him.
    You may also want to file a civil lawsuit for the property damage
    The only estimate so far was done by his insurance co. So, my insurance co hasn't seen an estimate or my car. I already knew what it should be based off a previous accident with the same damage to the same parts in the same area. Previous estimate and payout was ~1600 and I had repaired that damage myself for ~$300... So, I was going to roll with their's unless they tried to lowball me too much.

I had pretty much exactly that happen when I had a wreck then less than a week later someone hit the car in a parking lot. (different car long ago) They factored in the new damage as pre-existing because 'how do we know it wasnt already there.' Photos and social media MAY help this time but issurance companies

Both insurance companies told me that if they drop him due to no-contact, he would be considered uninsured. And that my insurance's uninsured motorist would pick it up.
    Still confused and rather shitty that uninsured motorist and/or comprehensive insurance doesn't cover hit and run incidents. Someone could set my car on fire, and I'm covered. But some asshole runs from an accident and I'm not. No sense at all. Car is worth more disappeared than driving.

And if his insurance does drop him and my insurance screws me, I will be going after him with a civil case.

But... I actually talked to his insurance co yesterday. They said he has responded and has denied everything. And they finally got the full police report yesterday that was submitted to the prosecutor that rather clearly spells out I caught him and that he was driving with false plates. So, now they need to figure out what to do with it all.
    2000 SL2m - Dying... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)
    1995 GMC Sonoma ext cab 4x4 - Beater work truck - blew a hard brake line in the rear ~june 2016. Not yet repaired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've learned something....unfortunately from your misfortune.
    Glad to hear the pieces are beginning to fall into place.
    And it IS sad that these cars are worth more $$ wise to the insurance companies via payout than their street value. With cars this old, it's inevitable.

Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Drove up an on-ramp and accelerated briskly for the merge, only to find myself in 4th gear losing clutch contact at 3k RPM and the RPMs spiking at 4500rpm, then dropping back to 3k.
    Fifth gear did the same and I realized that the last time it happened in 5th gear was NOT a case of me not fully disengaging the clutch. Only happens under attempted hard acceleration in 4th and 5th.
    YAY

255K original clutch

Guess I get to learn something new--will start a tech thread on that

2) Opened that RockAuto box to find the retainers not in it --shipping from somewhere else. So that likely won't happen this weekend. Double fucking yay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMAG0102.jpg

This happened today. Not super happy about what had to be done to install but it's waaay better than the POS stock wheel.

13. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMAG0102.jpg

This happened today. Not super happy about what had to be done to install but it's waaay better than the POS stock wheel.
    What had to be done??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubensw2 View Post
    What had to be done??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk
    Gotta lose the clock spring. So all your auto cancel, horn, cruise ect goes away. I knew about the horn going away but I was told nothing about the auto canceling going with it. However I was prepared to swap out the turn signal anyways as I thought it was all broken inside, I discovered it was just the pieces of the old clock spring jamming everything. Had I known all that shit wasn't gonna go back on I wouldn't have spent extra money buying new pieces to put back into the car.

Live and learn I suppose, Price you pay to get rid of that ugly ass wheel.

Edit: Its worth mentioning incase people don't know that this is a custom adapter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really makes the tan interior look good.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    That really makes the tan interior look good.
    Agreed! Only other reasons why I went wood wheel is because its slightly bigger than stock so it helps with not having power steering and I got a great deal on it because of a knick in the wood. My interior however is extremely worn and dirty, I'm pretty sure this car has never seen a garage in its entire life, And the previous owner didn't care about it at all. It took me three hours with a citrus based cleaning product and a scrub brush to clean the coffee spill/cig tar mix out of the center console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered spark plugs last weekend....they won't show up until jan 30th.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realized today I can pull my key out of the ignition with the car running, Until I did the steering wheel the other day I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that before. Its kinda handy for some things but I'm not sure if I wanna fix it or not. Anybody have any idea whats caused this? Its like the ignition cylinder wont pop back out after you push it in to turn the key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realized today I can pull my key out of the ignition with the car running, Until I did the steering wheel the other day I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that before. Its kinda handy for some things but I'm not sure if I wanna fix it or not. Anybody have any idea whats caused this? Its like the ignition cylinder wont pop back out after you push it in to turn the key.
    It is a common thing with S series. I think it is combination of the lock cylinder and the key itself.

Its kinda useful but could be bad also. I have had one single key be able to start 3 different s-series cars that all had the same issue.
    94 sw2. (Boda Fett) . Secret ultimate daily driver build in the works.

94 sl2. (Vader) . turbocharged. In storage rotting away.

79 Chevy Luv. (Stormtrooper) . Winter/ bad weather daily driver. Work in process

21. Likes rubensw2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toka100 View Post
    It is a common thing with S series. I think it is combination of the lock cylinder and the key itself.

Its kinda useful but could be bad also. I have had one single key be able to start 3 different s-series cars that all had the same issue.
    Third gen supras are the same way.

My key isn't worn and it didn't do that before I installed the steering wheel, however the only thing I ever did around there was pop off the plastic ring.

23. Likes rubensw2 liked this post