Close

User Tag List

Page 185 of 207 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cars been at a standstill for a little while. Been driving it around but no new mods. Started looking at replacement tires (cheap allseasons) so most likely going to grab a set.Once I have the wheels off I'll be painting the steelies bronze since I'm tired of the rusty black look.

And then I'll be restoring the headlights and then dying them yellow. Also looking for a replacement front bumper and hopefully I'll find those 3rd gen fog lights along with everything I need for the install since everyone who said can find them for me never got back to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    Sounds like some shit you would see in a movie. Sucks dude, hope for a speedy recovery. Bet it was difficult to answer interview questions with a throbbing pain in the leg.
    Thank you for the well wishes. Most of pain that remains is related to elevation vs non elevation, as when I bring my leg down from the bed in the morning, I can feel the rush of blood as my bp increases. There must be a shitload of blood vessel damage in there bc it is like someone pumping my whole foot full of blood -- purple toes and all. And the pressure keeps rising, pressing on the damaged parts. Takes 5 min to equilibrate. Some friends have told me this cyclical swelling shit may go on for up to a year. I don't even understand how the blood vessels would heal, since if I'm elevated 16 hrs a day healing them, as soon as I get up, a rush of higher pressure blood barrels through and tears up whatever healing took place.

Ok this is not a "what have you done to your ankle today" thread. Enough on that. This is only even getting posted bc ..well....guess.....
    1997 Saturn SC2 M/T 256k DD
    1995 Saturn SC2 M/T 234k given to nephew, just got parked fully functional -- slated for turbo
    2008 Saturn Vue XR A/T 103k 3-5-R then totalled at 5 mph
    1992 Saturn SL2 M/T 42k traded in to to get the 97 SC2 above
    ----------
    Everything you say to me
    Takes me one step closer to the edge
    And I'm about to break
    I need a little room to breathe
    Cause I'm one step closer to the edge
    And I'm about to break

Shut up when I'm talking to you
    Shut up, shut up, shut up
    Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up

3. Likes rubensw2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaned the throttle body and iac in an effort to chase a return to idle issue. Sure doesn't take long for that dam throttle body to get gunked up

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    1996 SL2  MP7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More bullshit again on the way home from work, Drivin home enjoying my cool as fuck a/c and out of nowhere it gets hot. First thought was "belt came off" but voltage was okay so that was out the window, Thought maybe the clutch had broken or something stupid so I popped the hood at a light and it wasn't even engaging. Drove it home racking my brain, Decided to swap relays. No change, Checked fuses and found a blown fuse under the hood for a/c circuit, Put my only spare into it and it blew again right away. So I started tearing apart the harness going to the compressor. Found nothing on the green wire going into the male side of the plug, But the female side on the compressor caught my eye because the bracket was loose for the plug itself. So I cleaned the nasty gunk off of it and pulled the bracket to find that somebody had stuffed the wire under that bracket and then tightened it down on the wire. It had been sitting there rubbing all the coating off the wire and then grounded out and blew the fuse, Wrapped it up and rerouted it, Put everything back together and realized I don't have a 7.5A mini fuse. Everything I own takes normal ATO size besides my truck, checked my truck and it had every amperage besides 7.5. So I go to the gas station because I wanna know if its fixed or not, They have a spot for the fuses but none in stock.

Such is the story of my life. I guess ill wait till I get to work tomorrow and pop a fuse into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haven't posted in a while but i have been pretty busy with my saturns.

- made a short ram intake for tethys using part of the stock intake piping and a generic stainless steel 45 degree elbow that cost me $1 at the jy. put a tiny filter on the pcv fresh air side because i noticed a lot of oil pull-over. upgraded the iat sensor to a newer design that nearly all gm cars use while i was at it. the stock iat is literally the resin-tipped ects that causes so many problems, whereas most 2000s gm cars use a sensor element that's specifically intended to be an iat. it uses the same resistance range and is easy to wire/plumb in.

- tethys was making a spaceship/supercharger noise that i thought was a dying p/s pump. swapped to a ribbed idler pulley and short belt and it didn't go anywhere. swapped the manual steering rack in anyway because fuck that power drain. the noise turned out to be a bad alternator bearing. i had a spare around so i swapped that in. i really like the manual steering (although parking is an arm workout lol) and i was surprised how much faster tethys is.

- found a gold 1996 sw1 on craigslist with no powertrain or hood, otherwise complete... my friend (patsfanczar if he ever makes an account, he has a 93 sl1) bought it for $100 and is trading it to me for phoebe. i'll miss phoebe but it'll be his little brother's first car and it will definitely get driven a lot more under his ownership. i have a lot more use for two wagons than two sedans. i named this sw1 mimas.

- today i finally finished with the repair on rings. the mini truck idea was a little too extreme so i just pulled out the damage with a hydraulic ram. it took a few trips up to the mountains but today was the last one. i got the panels and bumper reinstalled and it almost looks perfect. the driver's side quarter panel doesn't line up perfectly but otherwise it's great! i'm glad to be done with that.
    tethys - 1994 sw2 ll0+mp3 - dark blue, silver, and white - current fun dd, rescued from 4+ years sitting in a field. power nothing.
    mimas - 1996 sw1 l24+mp3 - gold w/ plum hood & jelly bean door handles - short trip beater, commuter, utility/hauler wagon. previously someone else's parts car.
    rings - 1996 sl2 ll0+mp2 - purple and gold - my first car and former dd. finally repaired after being rear-ended. "soon" to be a lot faster.
    phoebe - 1995 sl1 - silver and teal - got me into wrenching. perpetually a roller. racecar? (v8 plz)
    janus - 2000 sc2 l24+mp2 - very sunburned red and purple - yes, sohc. 243kmi on the 2000 sl1 motor/transmission... 32-35mpg. boyfriend's dd.

russel - 1991 jeep cherokee sport 4.0 i6+aw4 auto+np231/d30/d35 4wd - silver, primer, and rust - body modded 4x4 toy/welding practice -- no lift whatsoever! kicks ass on the trail anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rare 60 degree day means I'm crawling around under one of the cars replacing the gasket between the exhaust manifold and the downpipe because I grew tired of the smell of raw exhaust. Also sounded like a 2 cylinder diesel tractor.

Edit: Finished the job. Previous owner always had it dealer serviced, and they really took some liberties with this thing. No gasket present, but a 1/4" long piece of exhaust pipe cut with a torch and rammed in there, clamp assembly that's just in front of the cat was missing, but I found one of its bolts put where a stud and a nut used to be on the downpipe-to-manifold flange connection. Just an amazing piece of work.

Although I've had them for many years now, I'm reminded of what a game changer swivel impact sockets are.
    Last edited by 85HP; 02-19-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    93 SW1, 95 SW2, 98 SW2, 97 SW1 -- all stick. Wagon hoarder.

8. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't sound like dealer service work at all. They would have tried to sell the entire new pipe....sounds like some shade tree exhaust shop work though.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

10. Likes dynonacht liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installing cold air intake on my 1996 SC2 project car
    SC2_ColdAir.jpg
    Last edited by slavyan77; 02-22-2017 at 11:02 AM.

12. Likes SC2Sick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree, dealer service is usually done to a very high standard. I was shocked by what I found. I know the previous owners, they owned the car from new, and they gave me all of the service records so I'll have to dig those out and see. Funny thing is, I think this work was done when a new downpipe/car was fitted.
    93 SW1, 95 SW2, 98 SW2, 97 SW1 -- all stick. Wagon hoarder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got this in the mail today.

Last week I had something strapped to the bed of the truck, looped the strap around and tied the excess off. The loop hung down onto the wheel, gave no fucks and took off down the road. Loop of excess strap flipped into the wheel, caught the valve stem, and snapped it off. Tire went flat before I could get off the road.........

Broke the tire off the bead with a claw hammer and a speedsquare on the side of the road while I called in a favor from a friend. Pulled the valve stem out, walked over to a doughnut trailer that parks different places in town. Just happened to have a flat less than a 1000ft away from them. Lady gave me an extra doughnut.

Buddy showed up and brought me a valve stem and an air compressor. Less than 5 minutes and we had the tire full again

72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

15. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Retapped an intake mount hole on the Nissan Bentra. Continuing the trend of slowly increasing the number of fasteners to somewhere between 0 and Stock.
    - Fixed a leaky valve stem that was only a few months old. Discount Tire: "You know those are snow tires, right?". lol
    - Checked the super squealing rear brakes. Ditched some shitty backer plates, lubed them and checked for debris. They still squeal. All is good, they are just rusty and old shitty rotors. We'll see if some thorough abuse this weekend gets them back in check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starter is dying in the sedan, banged on it with a 1/2" breaker bar before I drove to work, fires right up.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

18. Likes importsdontlikeme, rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/fMEgn_vKL7Y

Ain't that some shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that' supposed to do that.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2Sick View Post
    I don't think that' supposed to do that.
    On the plus side, wiped the engine down, and now it's all shiny and detailed. Some even got on the windshield, so now it's rain proof for a while. I also picked up a bunch of power because the filter was so clogged.

It's been leaking for a while, all be it, not that vigorously. Its been just a few drops off the filter onto the fender. So it was an issue, just not a urgent issue.

No Regerts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changed the oil on the car...found out there isa cradle bolt missing.

Also played with some setting for the vvt.
    I think i need to replace the plugs again as the ones in it right now got pretty fouled out while I have been changing settings for the past few weeks.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been waiting for my block to get back from the machine shop so I can start my turbo build. Picked up this as a DD in November. Split the new thermostat housing which is behind the timing belt. Did the 2.0 coil conversion while I had the lock carrier in the "service position"

I got nothing for that

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the brake squeal issue in the Bentra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welding in JDM Exhaust. Not the best weld job, but learning...

IMG_7527.jpgIMG_7530.jpgIMG_7533.jpg

26. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 days ago had the rear glass professionally installed on the 97 SC2, with me heavily assisting the installer.

http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.ph...r-Glass-How-to
    1997 Saturn SC2 M/T 256k DD
    1995 Saturn SC2 M/T 234k given to nephew, just got parked fully functional -- slated for turbo
    2008 Saturn Vue XR A/T 103k 3-5-R then totalled at 5 mph
    1992 Saturn SL2 M/T 42k traded in to to get the 97 SC2 above
    ----------
    Everything you say to me
    Takes me one step closer to the edge
    And I'm about to break
    I need a little room to breathe
    Cause I'm one step closer to the edge
    And I'm about to break

Shut up, shut up, shut up