User Tag List

Thread: Clutch kits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch kits.

currently have a new clutch design for the saturns.
    Clutch Master now have a new light weight flywheel and clutch almost ready to go. flywheel will able to also run stock and act 6 pucks. plz let me know if you are ready to buy a new clutch. have different setups. will be able to get a great deal on 10+ people.

This clutch will be tested first before sold. Having one shipped out to me for testing in a few days.

The clutch can be sold has a set if you like. clutch and flywheel(6 puck sprung) , just clutch. would recommend with flywheel. cheaper price. or clutch, flywheel with new threw out bearing(bye bye forks).

This clutch is for daily use but will be able to handle a lot of power.

specs not know till test is done.

Let me know if your interested and i keep you in the loop

2. Likes dwillimon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the idea to launch a better designed intermediate power handling clutch to the S car marketplace just as aftermarket support seems to be fading?

I was pricing clutch kits, flywheels, and other tidbits tonight for my rapidly approaching clutch replacement and I could not help but get underwhelmed by the offerings at RockAuto.
    I'm not looking to make a street rod or blacked out mobile vibrating subwoofer holder -- just a solid stockish vehicle for DD.

What pros does this design have over a Valeo setup, for example?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had Valeo's hold ~250whp, on a roots car = more torque too. Dont know how long it would have held. Maybe a few weeks of abuse. But for a stock/mild NA build I personally feel the stock clutch is more than adequate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthursc2 View Post
    Ive had Valeo's hold ~250whp, on a roots car = more torque too. Dont know how long it would have held. Maybe a few weeks of abuse. But for a stock/mild NA build I personally feel the stock clutch is more than adequate.
    Perry's car has over 500hp
    Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    Is the idea to launch a better designed intermediate power handling clutch to the S car marketplace just as aftermarket support seems to be fading?

I was pricing clutch kits, flywheels, and other tidbits tonight for my rapidly approaching clutch replacement and I could not help but get underwhelmed by the offerings at RockAuto.
    I'm not looking to make a street rod or blacked out mobile vibrating subwoofer holder -- just a solid stockish vehicle for DD.

What pros does this design have over a Valeo setup, for example?
    And you have stumbled on why most aftermarket companies shun Saturns. There is still a market for them, just isn't going to get bigger.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get ACT street and be done. Will hold anything a non heavily boosted turd can put out. Has far superior pedal feel over stock and will last just as long. If you don't want to pay for it, go stock and forget about it.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    Perry's car has over 500hp
    Thanks guy, but I wasn't referring to perrys car, I was referring to the mostly stock asking what to do about a clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guy, but I wasn't referring to perrys car, I was referring to the mostly stock asking what to do about a clutch
    Misunderstood your post then.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is a cost of this set up and would some of the eBay options be less expensive and do just as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonstan View Post
    What is a cost of this set up and would some of the eBay options be less expensive and do just as well?
    Depends. But I never trust the company's the say stage 2, 3,4,5. That's all crap. Have 2 those ebay here, some people have no problems. But if you are looking for all around power. These are great. The kit also comes with a light weight flywheel. Still kinda on the spend side. There not cheap. But doing act and a fonanza flywheel. Act 469 and flywheel at 360 or so, you can be in the 850 mark. They built a clutch. That's rated for 500 and flywheel. For 725.00 shipped. But to all that is looking and 7s are to high. I do have a brand new act sprung six puck and a fonanza flywheel for sale. 600 shipped

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Act and flywheel have been balance together. Clutch pad is still in original packaging

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This company is offering a clutch and flywheel for 725 shipped? Am I missing something?

Not saying it's "too much" but I am saying its a lot when other platforms can hold 500 with a $300 clutch.

Either way, I'd like to hear about the drivability of it before committing any funds like that, especially for my build that's looking at 300s on an extremely good, high baro, cool weather day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This company is offering a clutch and flywheel for 725 shipped? Am I missing something?

Not saying it's "too much" but I am saying its a lot when other platforms can hold 500 with a $300 clutch.

Either way, I'd like to hear about the drivability of it before committing any funds like that, especially for my build that's looking at 300s on an extremely good, high baro, cool weather day
    Ok. I might not me understanding the statment, but the only clutch that can come close to holding. 500 are the act 6 pucks, which are over 400. But I said I pervious post, to buy and act and light wheel flywheel high 8s, low 9s.

There is more a market for other platforms, so cost would be cheaper due to demand..
    If you don't want , that's fine. I mainly wanted the twin discs. But good bang for your buck. For the 800.00 mark you can get flywheel clutch and the hydraulic throwout bearing. So no more fork. I posted the clutch so to see if someone need one.