Close

User Tag List

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think your mud flaps are working at all.

Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post

-6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol good point

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Bretz View Post
    I don't think your mud flaps are working at all.
    well, they're not snowflaps.

5. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ermagerd. Boosted wagon now owned by brett. Boost ermagerd.

Little wagon update..
    Fabbed up a half shroud to make the most use of my 10". Can't fit one on the other side with the turbo but I have about 80% of the radiator covered now between the half shroud and the two fans.

My dad and I bought that huge lot of OEM parts so I'm getting new OEM calipers all the way around, rotors, all hoses. Fuel sending unit and pump. All new sensors knock, oil, water, air and TPS. New IAC motor. New alternator. I also have a set of OEM Saturn headlights that I'm debating putting on or selling. Then we have a bunch of stuff we are going to keep just incase we ever need it. Unfortunately he didn't have wheel bearings in the lot so I'm going to be buying those.

I don't think I ever posted any pictures of the vacuum system. Got that hooked up and working.

I'm not using any of the stock stuff for power. I redid all the relays when I wired in the Tec. Fuel, Spark, O2's, both fans and the vacuum pump are now powered from here all controlled by the GPO's on the Tec. I also plan to add boost control soon.

Hoping to get everything buttoned up this week. Season opener for CDC starts next weekend. I'll be dropping off the wheels/tires to get mounted in the next couple days. Can't wait to see the wagon in the 6UL's again looked so good when Joe and I had them on the for dragon a few years back.
    Last edited by importsdontlikeme; 03-13-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you pick up the material for the shroud? I need to do something similar for the coupe since now I'm running the stock fan and that will have to go.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a local shop here. B&D truck and hoist. You can buy any type of sheet metal in a wide range of thicknesses. I have the rest of the shroud I just made if you don't think you can run a full shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ermagerd. Brett's boosted wagon! Boost ermagerd!

It's been awhile. Figured I would update.

I've done ALOT to the wagon in the last few months. Mostly function and reliability things. All the parts I could use from that huge part lot we got have been installed.

Motor now has .030" over JE pistons. 3G crank and fresh rings/bearings. Scat rods. I'm also running the MLS gasket which I am pleased with.

New Timken wheel bearings all the way around. Tapered rollers up front thanks to John.

Finally fixed the rear door sill rust. Just finished that up today.

And last but not least I've installed A/C. System is under vacuum currently waiting to see if we have any leaks.

The car is in exceptional shape mechanically but still looks like a beater on the outside

Almost forgot..

I installed a Rostra Cruise control system. Very happy about that decision.

Windows are also now tinted 35%

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469330010.419589.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1469330037.695875.jpg
    Last edited by importsdontlikeme; 07-26-2016 at 11:55 AM. Reason: update

10. Likes dynonacht, SC2Sick, ZombieSatty, JB Long liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I can't believe it's been almost a year. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag..

The wagon is getting the old 2.2l coupe motor. It was partially sold but long story short I'm keeping it now, it's new permanent home will reside in the wagon.

I'm pretty excited about it. The last time that motor ran was when the coupe still belonged to me (over two years ago now) and it was supercharged.

I did sell the supercharger setup but the turbo set up on the wagon will remain in the wagon on the 2.2l

The supercharger had the larger pulley on it with the 2.2l motor so it was only seeing 8ish psi IIRC. I'm really looking forward to 15+ psi with the new capable precision.

Before I sold the coupe I was thinking about going turbo so now I get to see what all of that displacement will do with a relatively small turbo. I was getting full boost around 3500-3600 (with the stock motor). If I can get that down a bit I'll be pretty happy I like the low end for coming out of corners and it's a street car so just stepping on the gas and moving is nice.

I plan to set up boost by gear (speed based) I know it's going to need it. I may even consider a 1st gen MP2 gear set if I can get my hands on one. I think the MP3 gears may be way to short for this motor.

I'm waiting on new wrist pins to come in. As soon as they do I'll be putting the motor back together. And dropping everything in the car hopefully next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran into the MP3 being too short with that turbo right around 8. Never felt it around 15. I have a 3rd gen MP2 1-4 in good shape if interested. Gears sitting out right now.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not running the Garrett T3 super 60 anymore. I now have the 5558 CEA Precision. It's a little bigger then the old Garett. So I guess that will make the shorter gears even more noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not running the Garrett T3 super 60 anymore. I now have the 5558 CEA Precision. It's a little bigger then the old Garett. So I guess that will make the shorter gears even more noticeable.

Ignition cut on gear change+full throttle shifts+short gear trans=constant power and full bewst.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

15. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    Ignition cut on gear change+full throttle shifts+short gear trans=constant power and full bewst.
    For what it's worth, when I went from mp2 to mp3 with the holset in the wagon, I liked the way it pulled better. Granted I wasn't making traction limited power levels. But I noticed with the bigger turbo and the MP3 when I snagged the next gear I didn't have to wait for boost, it was already there. It was even more impressive when I didn't lift to shift.

17. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always wanted to try the coil cut no lift shift but I'm afraid of destroying my trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've always wanted to try the coil cut no lift shift but I'm afraid of destroying my trans.

If the power cut is right, you won't. No different from lifting off at redline to shift. If the motor is still making power when you chunk the gear then the synchros are gonna have a bad time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense, I guess I can play with my rev limit hysteresis and try to time it correctly.

However I just want to enjoy the car for awhile before expanding my shifting horizon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost forgot to mention for the first time ever in my Saturn experience I'll be running something other then a stock intake manifold.

I'm planning to run a 2 wire IAC to free up some outputs and looking into an 80mm eBay throttle body.

I also no longer own the gude .400" cams. They were a bit to aggressive for the street I'm gonna to give the Ian chopsticks a try this go around.

Did you ever get around to using the chopsticks? How do you like them, if you have used them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, waiting on my motor. Had an issue with my wrist pins so that was a huge delay in getting the 2.2 back together.

In other news I got an Edelbrock 75mm throttle body to mate up with the new intake.

23. Likes axxer4200 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, waiting on my motor. Had an issue with my wrist pins so that was a huge delay in getting the 2.2 back together.

In other news I got an Edelbrock 75mm throttle body to mate up with the new intake.

Very nice I'm trying to get a gsi tb. Haven't had a whole lot of luck but it's not priority

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ to answer your question about the chopstix (now that I've run them for awhile) I like them. They are a lot more streetable then the gudes I had previously.

They still have a decent lope to them but I like it and off idle isn't terrible. Parking lots can get slightly jumpy but not bad at all. They also hold top end a lot better then stock but still build boost really well unlike the gudes boost was very delayed. I guess it depends on what you're trying to do with the car. The gudes did help with mid range traction.

Unfortunately I didn't realize the intake I got doesn't work with P/S and sense this is more of a daily then anything I want to keep P/S so I'm working with dwillmon and Siris on a new manifold that uses the stock runners but a bigger plenum and TB.

Car is getting a full 3" exhaust this Thursday. Stainless and mandrel so it should flow a good bit more then the crappy 2 1/4" I have now.