User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ion Redline Recaro Seat Swap into S-Series

How do you think I could lower them? Any ideas? Also...do you think there's any other way to re-attach the tabs to the Recaro's without welding? Preferably a safe way. lol
    1999 SL<br /><br />WAI <br />Ported/Polished, Shaved Head from Bill Allen (coming in May)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nubeetuner2010
    How do you think I could lower them? Any ideas? Also...do you think there's any other way to re-attach the tabs to the Recaro's without welding? Preferably a safe way. lol
    The only other way I can think of is to use bolts instead of welds. But this requires that you drill new bolt holes in both pieces of metal. If I remember correctly there are more studs that you'd have to drill out for that.

As for lowering them, the rails are bolted to the bottom of the seat, so it should be as simple as cutting those pieces of metal between the bolts and rails and re-attatching them at a lower point. Whether it be by bolts or welds is up to you.
    -Matt

97 SL2m: 2x Dragon Veteran <----- SOLD!
    06 Redline Comp: 1x Dragon Veteran
    08 Malibu LTZ: What's a Dragon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would feel safer with welds on the seats. I don't like to take any chances when it comes to the safety of me and my passengers.

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TypeSL2
    I would feel safer with welds on the seats. I don't like to take any chances when it comes to the safety of me and my passengers.

James
    I completely and totally agree. I wouldn't bolt it in, but it's an option.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TypeSL2

James
    Might depend on who's doing the welding, and how good they are...
    SaturnSeries.net Owner
    '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya...but I don't want to pay an extra $70 for a tank of welding fuel
    1999 SL<br /><br />WAI <br />Ported/Polished, Shaved Head from Bill Allen (coming in May)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't want to spend $70 on welding gas, dont bother spending $430 on the seats like I did. LOL
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seen some on there a month ago for 280 buy it now for the grey ones...with both front and back. rofl. i just don't want to buy a full fucking tank of fuel. rofl. i mean...i want to buy a smaller capacity tank if they have them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seen some on there a month ago for 280 buy it now for the grey ones...with both front and back. rofl. i just don't want to buy a full fucking tank of fuel. rofl. i mean...i want to buy a smaller capacity tank if they have them
    You are embarrassingly cheap, even for this community. That's pretty bad.
    SaturnSeries.net Owner
    '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, mine were $280 as well. But after you add shipping (because they almost always have to go freight), they ran me $430 total.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueGuy
    You are embarrassingly cheap, even for this community. That's pretty bad.
    ya. i'm broke dawg. lol. i got like almost nothing. i am saving for these seats i should have the money towards the end of april...it's just the fact that i'm broke. lol. i work hard and don't get paid enough. but anyway...it was free shipping within the states. i wish i would've bought em when i had the money. rofl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya. i'm broke dawg. lol. i got like almost nothing. i am saving for these seats i should have the money towards the end of april...it's just the fact that i'm broke. lol. i work hard and don't get paid enough. but anyway...it was free shipping within the states. i wish i would've bought em when i had the money. rofl
    im in the same boat as you man lol. i just did a swap from my 93 interior from my sc1 to a 95 interior from an sc2 and im happy with it. cost me 60 bucks for front buckets, rear bench and backs, carpet, rear dash pad, center console (that wont work) and the pieces that run on the door jams on the bottom. is all black and in great shape

pics are my old seats layed out, new seats on the ground gettin ready to go in (with my brother ruining the pic, eating some girls face in the background), and then my car gutted. still havent taken pics of the final product
    93 SC1.5m DD; finally runs

90 300ZX TT; $800 diamond in the rough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tealsc1

im in the same boat as you man lol. i just did a swap from my 93 interior from my sc1 to a 95 interior from an sc2 and im happy with it. cost me 60 bucks for front buckets, rear bench and backs, carpet, rear dash pad, center console (that wont work) and the pieces that run on the door jams on the bottom. is all black and in great shape

pics are my old seats layed out, new seats on the ground gettin ready to go in (with my brother ruining the pic, eating some girls face in the background), and then my car gutted. still havent taken pics of the final product
    I'm glad someone knows just how broke i am. rofl. But anyway...i just managed to scrape together enough moolah to get my front brakes and wheel bearing done. all that's left is my thermostat, new coolant and tranny fluid, and a timing kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice swap looks great. I was thinking about puting black leather buckets from a 95 talon in my 02 sc2 but now im un-decided

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had these things installed on the Corbeau sliders and it's great now. Couldn't be happier with the position, as far as how low they are.

Next up is to re-upholster the drivers seat to get the cigarette burns out. Whoever had these before me must have been a smoker cause there's burns all over the bottom cushion.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah mine are in just about the same shape. of course they arent as nice to begin with, but i would still like to have them redone. my uncle buys some spray on fabric dye to do his vintage camaros and it works really well, all of his are show quality first gens. as soon as i find out exactly what brand it is and where he orders it from i'll post it for that cheap ass nubetuner lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh thanx bud. rofl. i am dirt cheep. when you are in high school and broke off your ass getting 15 hours a week at minimum wage...it kinda has to be that way. rofl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh thanx bud. rofl. i am dirt cheep. when you are in high school and broke off your ass getting 15 hours a week at minimum wage...it kinda has to be that way. rofl
    ha actually im in almost the exact same position. in highschool, trying to figure out how to pay for college, and getting minimum wage lol. except im lucky enough to get 30-35 hours a week (comes with dealing with sonic's shit for almost 2 years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya bro i hate having shitty hours. lol. but i just got a shit-ton of parts for my car. once everything's installed, it's on to my interior. i got a new clutch, timing kit, head, head-gasket, valve cover gasket, timing seal, and headbolts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm i was just thinking about putting in my stock ion seats in the 01 sc2 i just dont have a welder or anything.. but i'd love to do an ion seat swap.. they're so much nicer the the sc seats not to mention alot newer lol
    <br />yea i got some work:bnr 2871, 3" CTI catback, lk9 intake manifold, some catless dp, zzp rod, weisco pistons, zzp valve springs, bdcustomz intake and charge piping and some other shiznit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast