Close

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name is Adam, and I am a glutton for punishment.

+ What vehicle you owned when you first started, and what you own now

When I first joined 6S back in '06 I think I had a 95 SC2. I bought it because I needed a car. Nothing more to it than that, but I am never one to leave well enough alone and signed on with TSN to learn how to mod it. One thing led to another, and I wound up doing SCCA autox with it until I destroyed the engine in epic style during an event. It was auto (lol) so I gathered up parts to build a forged engine and do the manual swap, but before I got to it, my boss sold me his miata and I never really looked back..... or so I thought.

+ Where you were in life when you first started, where you are now
    Back then I was spinning wrenches part time for a used car lot, and working full time as a steel rule die maker. Little in way of bills and responsibilities. Today I have two young sons, a minivan, and just bought a 97 SL2 the other day. Sold the miata a few years back, sold all my saturn stuff and gave what was left away. Trying to remedy that as we speak. Kids have this annoying "need to eat everyday" thing..... usually more than once a day, so my resurection to awesome will be a bit slower. I'm also a commercial driver now.
    + How Sixthsphere has helped
    an easier question to answer is how have the people here not helpped. Simple, nobody here taught me about how pre marital sex can screw with your race car budget.
    + Any memories from meets/threads
    So many. Even after the SC2 was long gone I would still hang out with these clowns. So many good time, meets.... just awesome people.
    The stinky, stalkerish, show up in your town at random truck driver type....

SHANNNEEE JACKSON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

A few of you might remember me from the past... not exactly a good past... so I'd like to take a minute to apologize formally about how I was back then... and hope that you guys will allow a second chance to re-join the community once again.

My name is Shane. Previous name was Project92SC2. "But there weren't any SC2's in 1992"... yeah yeah... I got flamed for that. :P
    I work for a trucking company as an Operations Manager/Dispatcher, and head IT guru... meaning when the boss' computer goes down due to a pr0nz overload... I'm the guy he calls to fix it. lol
    I also own my own business, which I run out of my basement, building new computers, servers, etc... refurbishing and repairing old computers, etc. I also run custom networking loops for offices, homes, etc.

+ What vehicle you owned when you first started, and what you own now:

I got hooked on fonix with a 1991 SL2 5spd with only 100,000 miles on it. It was a GREAT car. Met an unfortunate end when a car hauler decided to lock his wheels up going 45mph... smh.
    Right now, I own a 1995 SC1 5spd with a DOHC swap.
    Short list of Mods:
    SZP Short-Throw (talk about a blast from the past?)
    Blocked off EGR
    92 Header
    Urethane mounts
    Body is getting replaced this fall with a 94 SC2 body, full conversion.

Back then... I was a douchebag knowitall. You could show me proof the sky was blue, and I'd say it was orange, just to argue. I was a hot-headed, stubborn s.o.b.

Today, I am 29yrs old, OIF Veteran, hobby-junkie who wants to finish the car he started in 2007. I am divorced, have a 4yr old little boy, and a good job with lots of free time.

Well... where do I begin? Ah yes... 6S has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. Sure, there are always things I could say that I helped on, if only a little bit... but to be honest... 6S has helped me understand things about Saturns, that... without the help of the community, I would have never figured out... no matter how much training I had in my time working in the automotive repair industry. Ya'll even sparked my creativity when it came to engine mods and such.

Sadly, I've never been to any meets...
    As far as memorable threads... yeah... I'd just like to forget about most of those... I wasn't exactly "Mr. Congeniality" back then.

Again... if there is still any hard feelings from the past, I do apologize. I've had to overhaul my entire life... I'd just like to hope that 6S could allow me the same chance here that I've had in life.

Sincerely,

-Shane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Charles. I'm an old guy like Hein. Built my first motor in '83 and I was hooked on cars in general.

+ What vehicle you owned when you first started, and what you own now

When I first signed-up I had a 93 SW1 and a 98 SW2. Since then I've added a 95 SW2 that I'm actively preserving/restoring as it was in great shape to begin with, and a 98 SW1 that was bought for parts but somehow ended up on the road doing DD duties. I will build the 93 into a turbo SW1.5 -- construction of a tractor shed and garage has put this off for the moment. I have other cars that keep me busy as well, but my main interest is these things.

Going way back, first car was a 68 Impala with an L78 that was swapped in by the dealer after a warranty failure on the original L35. By the 1980's I was heavily into MK1 Golfs and Sciroccos and a 2002. Owned some British iron as well.

At this point, I'm beginning to realize that I can't reasonably sustain the Saturns are daily drivers forever (after all, they're now officially obsolete). So I'll probably get something modern and disposable to drive while these are variously preserved or modded. I guess this is the natural progression as these things go from merely being used cars to collector's items.

Same place, it hasn't been that long.

#1 source for knowledge and inspiration. I started on Saturnfans, which is great for general maintenance and so on, but nobody there was into mods and fabrication. Discovered the 'sphere when I was trying to figure out where my money went after the last AMR strut tower brace group buy

Got into the scene a little too late for meets that many of you experienced. Hoping to see some of y'all at the Dragon one of these years.
    Last edited by 85HP; 10-31-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    93 SW1, 95 SW2, 98 SW2, 97 SW1 -- all stick. Wagon hoarder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Jason, wolfe2118 is my name on every internet forum I've ever used. I am 35 with two kids(8 and 12) working at a medical materials manufacturer. I have an AAS in Mechanical Design and Public and a BS Environmental Affairs. Besides my interests in all types of cars, I like anything with wheels, I even raced BMX bikes as an adult for several years before I had an accident that got me 30 minutes from death, at that point I decided to sell my bikes and be more careful(although I did just break a clavicle on a mountain bike).

I am a seasoned backyard automotive scientist. I've built a variety of cars for myself and others. My most recent toys have been a TT swapped 91 300zx slicktop making over 400WHP, a built Talon using megasquirt, and most recently a 4.2l 99 Audi A4 Avant using the engine from a 99 A8(first in the USA that I know of). In the past, I've worked on kit cars, race cars, and naturally, my neighbors cars. I strongly dislike driving automatics to the point that usually, I end up swapping in a manual transmission.

I just picked up my second Saturn for $300 with a major rod knock that I'm rebuilding as a DD since my Audi is starting to sting at the gas pump and because I want to rebuild it and make it pretty. So far, I haven't done much to it besides dropping the cradle and pulling the crank to determine what could be reused. The interior is pretty trashed and smells like an old Chinese take out kitchen but it is all there. My first Saturn was a 99 SL2 that after some minor work(auto trans nut, CTS replacement, valve guide seals), I fell in love with it. I actually used it to transport the V8 that was used in my Audi. I drove almost 120 miles with an engine in the trunk while still maintaining almost 30mpg. That SL2 took me and my kids to over a hundred BMX races over the years that I had it. I built a custom trailer hitch to hold a bike rack that held up to 5 race bikes.

With this car, I only plan to build a good DD, but forced induction or an EV conversion isn't out of the question at some point in time.

Northern Plastic slipstreamconversion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Temporary post to bump thread*

Any members whom have been here 2 years or longer, and haven't posted in here yet, feel free to write an intro post here to introduce yourselves to the newbies!

Have you posted here already? Feel free to edit your post a bit if it doesn't reflect you accurately anymore!

Thanks guys, I'll delete this post in a couple days.
    - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

2004 Saturn - Vue V6 FWD - My Winter Daily
    1999 Lexus - RX300 V6 AWD - The Lady's Winter Daily
    1997 Toyota - Aristo I6 RWD - My Summer Daily
    1976 Chevrolet - Camaro V8 RWD - Project 2019
    2017 Hyundai - Tucson I4 AWD - New Family Car
    2005 Yamaha - BWS50 1CYL RWD - The Lady's Summer Daily

6. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
    I'm Brett, 95 sc2 owned from beginning and still own now. Along with 87 K5 same story.

Joined the forum in the process of boosting the sc2. Learned ALOT about boost and how to do it right after joining. Successfully boosted the sc2 and drove it to the dragon and had a blast!

Lived in VA when I joined. Now live in MD. Worked for two aquarium companies in VA installing maintaining high end salt/fresh water aquariums and ponds. I now work for John Deere as a tech and am hoping to own a business one day maybe tuning cars.

Absolutely love Saturn's always will! I love my car undergoing rebuild right now. Hoping to make it to dragon next year with fresh paint and a solid 300+whp.

Love meeting up with the guys from the forum. Always a good time. Dragon twice so far and a few local meets. Looking forward to the next!
    Wow a lot has happened!!

For starters I'm now married and own my very own house. Super stoked about that and the fact that I now have three garage bays all to myself (the wife gets to park in one)

I bought Joes boosted 94 wagon two years ago. Love it and glad I bought it. It has a lot of new stuff on it. No longer controlled by mega squirt, now running an electromotive TecS prototype. It also has a brand new precision 5558 and forged internals. Currently running Blizzak WS80's for winter. Hoping to get ahold of a set of RS3's for this summer. This is my budget all purpose car but still a lot of fun.

Sold the shell of the coupe to Adam and the powertrain to Bill Before I sold the car it did finally get a fresh paint job and had a full bay shave and wire tuck. Never got the car to a strip but I'm sure I would have been in the low low 12's easily. I also never got it back on the dyno but the motor was a monster and I'm pretty sure we wer knocking the door of 300whp. That car was an absolute blast. Especially on the dragon. I miss it but the wagon is almost as fun to drive just not as pretty.

I still work at Finch (John Deere) they put me through school and I'm now master certified through John Deere University. Free education always is a bonus. I love my job I drive all over the place and fix stuff. Company truck gets to come home with me every day so all my tools are used on my car projects too.

I still would love to tune cars for a living but maybe on the side would be fun too. For now I'm just happy where I am. Getting the house where we want it. Also hoping to get the wagon buttoned up and possibly drive it across the country. My wife and I are thinking about driving to California this summer.

I'm missing the dragon. If we drive to California I won't make it to the dragon this year but really hoping for next year. I miss you guys.

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one else?

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Northern Plastic slipstreamconversion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time members aren't as active anymore.

But all longer term members whom have been here for at least two years, let's hear from you!
    - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

2004 Saturn - Vue V6 FWD - My Winter Daily
    1999 Lexus - RX300 V6 AWD - The Lady's Winter Daily
    1997 Toyota - Aristo I6 RWD - My Summer Daily
    1976 Chevrolet - Camaro V8 RWD - Project 2019
    2017 Hyundai - Tucson I4 AWD - New Family Car
    2005 Yamaha - BWS50 1CYL RWD - The Lady's Summer Daily

10. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm Tony aka SC2Sick . Somehow I ended up owning this site, though I didn't start it. ProjectSW1 started it, Tek took it from there, and then now I own it (been mod/admin whole time though so not like I'm some surprise).

I've owned a lot of these cars and met a lot of these people in person from various road trips, purchases, group buys, national gatherings (Tail of the Dragon).

I presently have a 1997 SC2 that is turbocharged, well it was until a couple days ago when I pulled the engine to upgrade the head gasket and swap the transmission. I've got another project that I may or may not dig into as well but some of my passions have changed of late towards another old habit. We'll see if I get that one off the ground.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

12. Likes einnorka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stan here....I own a 1992 red and silver coupe, 5 speed. owned since new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm Jerry I live in Anchorage Alaska. I am new to Saturn's I briefly had a SL 2 in 06. I now am buying a 96 sc2 it has 50k miles but has been in a wreck, and has a blown air bag, and needs a front bumper. So while I rebuild it I thought this would be a great place to gain Saturn knowledge. I look forward to getting to know you guys. I have been into cars since before I could drive. My last project was a 84 turbo tbird. As I read I find performance gains are not as easily gained or aftermarket support available with these cars. Well I'll be asking questions and poking around the forums. Thanks in advance.

15. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew88 View Post
    Joined Nov 2007 to help figure a rich condition, never did figure get all the issues out of that car.

+ Had a 87 cutlass supreme 350, 87 fiero, and 96 sc2 when joined. Over 20 turds later the 96 sc2 sits until I have time to finish it with the fiero and DD a fairly modded 98 sw2.

+ When joined was living at home, 19 working out of a service truck mostly on the companies own fleet. Now work for Cat which is awesome and run a small wrecking business, married and home owner for over 3.5 years.

+ Sixthsphere has helped for the funny factor, drama, and technical. Bored in class this site has its days to keep you entertained with some humor and drama.

+ Met many people over time, bought a few turds traded countless amounts of parts. Which reminds me Nic you still have not taken a ride with the AMRS!!
    oh dang look at this.

Still have the for ever lonely sc2. Driving a different wagon now, very modded lol.
    Still working for Cat. Still married. a 2 year old running around and another due in May.
    Bigger and nicer house.
    Met many members over the years, even a good handful from south of the border.
    http://our6thplanet.com/
    40 something saturns.. oh who fraking counts anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just bought my first saturn A 2002 sc2 5 speed and joined looking for info on what I hope will be a pretty reliable car despite being a bit on the high mileage side. Of course I will offer any info I can share in return

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02scguy View Post
    Hi, I just bought my first saturn A 2002 sc2 5 speed and joined looking for info on what I hope will be a pretty reliable car despite being a bit on the high mileage side. Of course I will offer any info I can share in return
    Welcome. With proper care these tend to last a while.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2Sick View Post
    Welcome. With proper care these tend to last a while.
    Thanks, A couple of acquaintances both had s series with over 200k which led me to buy my 02 SC. It's nice getting some confirmation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Aisha... Or Jeremy, call me either. Today I received my first car from my beloved mother (As of post, happy mothers day, mom.) A 1999 SC2 WH a 1999.0 with the DOHC, standard. Saturn's have been in my family since before I was born, 1999, there's been at least eight. My older brother (read: geod919) has been a member of the sphere for quite a few years, and helped (forced) me make an account here. Kudos to him! Other than that, there isn't much to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

It appears that this thread hasn't been replied to lately, but here goes!

I just bought a 2007 VUE Redline with a little over 92K on the odometer. It's in excellent shape. It replaces my 98 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4 x 4. The Dodge had a 3" lift and it was getting harder and harder for my wife to get in it...truth be known I was starting to have a bit of a struggle as well! We're both in our early 70's, but we're not dead yet!

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here!

Otto

22. Likes ajs_saturn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Everyone,
    I may be new to you but, not to Scars. I bought my first three brand new from Saturn of Waco in 2002. No 1 a SC2 5 speed. I threw a piston through side of block at 175,000 miles in 2015. It's in storage, planning on full restoration, all parts ready, just need the time. No 2 a SW2 Autotragic for the wife. she threw a rod in it at 98,000 miles in 2009. I kept the SW2, got rid of the wife. It's in the barn waiting for me to decide what I want to do with it. No 3 a SL1 5 speed. It's still on the road going from one side of Texas to the other every week at 185,000 miles and counting. I love Twin Cams but, my lowly Single Jingle is still a road warrior after my Twin Cams have given up. Laugh if you want but, I still only use about 1quart of oil per 1,500 miles and still get 30-35mpg in town and 37-40mpg highway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to all the new peeps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

25. Likes realistcdreamer66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by realistcdreamer66 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I may be new to you but, not to Scars. I bought my first three brand new from Saturn of Waco in 2002. No 1 a SC2 5 speed. I threw a piston through side of block at 175,000 miles in 2015. It's in storage, planning on full restoration, all parts ready, just need the time. No 2 a SW2 Autotragic for the wife. she threw a rod in it at 98,000 miles in 2009. I kept the SW2, got rid of the wife. It's in the barn waiting for me to decide what I want to do with it. No 3 a SL1 5 speed. It's still on the road going from one side of Texas to the other every week at 185,000 miles and counting. I love Twin Cams but, my lowly Single Jingle is still a road warrior after my Twin Cams have given up. Laugh if you want but, I still only use about 1quart of oil per 1,500 miles and still get 30-35mpg in town and 37-40mpg highway.
    Welcome from Corpus Christi. Good job on the cars. Hopefully you get the other two up and running soon!
    -2007 Sky Redline 5spd Midnight Blue - RPM Motorsports Stage 2

27. Likes realistcdreamer66 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast