Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sixthsphere's Ultimate Intro Thread

Sixthsphere's Ultimate Intro Thread

Members who have been here 2 years or more should post up an intro, and reintroduce yourself for all the newer people to see and get an idea of what makes up the Sixthsphere community, since they are generally locked into the welcome center anyways.

Good ideas for your intro:
    + What vehicle you owned when you first started, and what you own now
    + Where you were in life when you first started, where you are now
    + How Sixthsphere has helped
    + Any memories from meets/threads

Shall we try it out?

Remember, do NOT reintroduce yourself if you have posted an intro thread (joined) less than two years from now. Only post if you have been here for two years or more.
    Last edited by slipstreamconversion; 01-27-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

2004 Saturn - Vue V6 FWD - My Winter Daily
    1999 Lexus - RX300 V6 AWD - The Lady's Winter Daily
    1997 Toyota - Aristo I6 RWD - My Summer Daily
    1976 Chevrolet - Camaro V8 RWD - Project 2019
    2017 Hyundai - Tucson I4 AWD - New Family Car
    2005 Yamaha - BWS50 1CYL RWD - The Lady's Summer Daily

Northern Plastic slipstreamconversion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll start.

I'm Darcy. Joined in June 2009 but didn't really get into this site until mid 2010. Back then I owned a 2002 Saturn SL, and eventually throughout my time here I have owned a 1999 SL2 and now a 2001 SC2. Definitely haven't really moved anywhere since joining, I was a poor guy back then, and now I'm finally almost debt free but still poor because of it lol. When I first joined I knew zero about cars. Now I have a good understanding of a lot of areas, but still consider myself a n00b when it comes to a lot of areas. I'm still always learning.

I mostly stick to the non technical sections of this forum because, like I said, I consider myself to not know too too much about a lot of technical dealings on cars. Saturns are great cars to learn on though.

Memories.. Well I haven't really met up with a ton of you yet. Something always comes up for the dragon but I have been to Minneapolis a few times to see Tony and a few of you guys. No homo.

That's about it.
    - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

2004 Saturn - Vue V6 FWD - My Winter Daily
    1999 Lexus - RX300 V6 AWD - The Lady's Winter Daily
    1997 Toyota - Aristo I6 RWD - My Summer Daily
    1976 Chevrolet - Camaro V8 RWD - Project 2019
    2017 Hyundai - Tucson I4 AWD - New Family Car
    2005 Yamaha - BWS50 1CYL RWD - The Lady's Summer Daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + What vehicle you owned when you first started, and what you own now - 1997 Saturn SC2 (gone as of June, took parts to make new one better) Presently own 2003 BMW E46 Sedan & 2001 Saturn SC2
    + Where you were in life when you first started, where you are now - Working doing pizza delivery and dead end jobs.. just left my last job of 5+ years to work at a different company where I feel my skills are better valued and there is more potential because my fellow employees and owner share my vision.
    + How Sixthsphere has helped - Connect me to many memorable travels and meetups, got to travel the country.. learned how to fix and work on cars..
    + Any memories from meets/threads - Dragon trips, cop getting a bottle full of my piss on his shoes, couple of awesome Boston trips, almost bringing down Scotty's friends garage.. watching Stephanie drive super fast through 2 states to get Dubs to the airport on time.. Midcoast Road Rally, Wheelie Golf Cart.. the list goes on..
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My name is Steve and I joined in November of 2007, At the time I was recently gifted a 2002 Saturn L200 which i still have, and I have since purchased a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT/RS which serves as my DD
    I live at the same place and work at the same place since, been at my job for 5 1/2 years (started 3 days after I graduated college)
    This place has helped me immensely. I joined not knowing how to change my own spark plugs and since I have read and read countless threads on any subject in order to absorb as much info as I can, and I believe I have acquired enough knowledge and have enough confidence in myself now to attempt to boost the L200
    I have been to many STC PA meets and 2 TOTD trips, all which were a blast and I have made many friends here since I have joined.
    The funny thing is that when I was given the L200, I had a choice of that or a 2004 Honda Civic. I can't imaging what it would be like if I chose the Honda, I love this place and the community and I would take the saturn again if i had to do it again.

2002 LOL200 113HP/122TQ
    2012 Chevy Cruze LT/RS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <--My name is Jenn and yes that is me as Princess Leia for Halloween last year.
    I joined in 2005 with a 98 SC2 and have the same car today. I got the car in 2003. It's my 3rd Saturn. I also have a 98 Honda CR-V. Must be something with the year 98 lol
    Back then I was happily married with a son and a stepdaughter being a stay at home mom. Today I'm happily separated with my son. I had been working two jobs for the past year and a half but I'm finally letting one of them go. I'm not getting any younger to be working two jobs forever.
    Sixthsphere has helped me by letting me know there are more people crazy about Saturns. Or is it more like crazy people who happen to own or used to own Saturns.
    I have met quite a few people from here whether it was at NOPI Nationals or the Dragon a few years ago. My favorite was the Dragon for a few different reasons.

Former owner of the Turtle
    (Sold 2017)98 SC2
    98 Honda CR-V my dd

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Brett, 95 sc2 owned from beginning and still own now. Along with 87 K5 same story.

Joined the forum in the process of boosting the sc2. Learned ALOT about boost and how to do it right after joining. Successfully boosted the sc2 and drove it to the dragon and had a blast!

Lived in VA when I joined. Now live in MD. Worked for two aquarium companies in VA installing maintaining high end salt/fresh water aquariums and ponds. I now work for John Deere as a tech and am hoping to own a business one day maybe tuning cars.

Absolutely love Saturn's always will! I love my car undergoing rebuild right now. Hoping to make it to dragon next year with fresh paint and a solid 300+whp.

Love meeting up with the guys from the forum. Always a good time. Dragon twice so far and a few local meets. Looking forward to the next!

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Tek. I run this house with my trusty partners in crime, distinguishable with their orange and green names. I traded in my '98 Trans Am for a '05 Redline, I rolled it into a ditch, filled my lungs up with water and came back to life thanks to another older member here. I bought a '06 VUE after that, which we named the BALLA vue. I traded that in for a '09 Cobalt SS/TC, then I got married and had a kid and now drive my wifes '05 Civic while she's big pimpin' in the '12 Sorento SX, lol.

Memories: Priceless.

That is all.
    2015 Ford Mustang - DD
    2013 Kia Sorento SX V6
    1978 Buick Century Custom - 42k Original Miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined Nov 2007 to help figure a rich condition, never did figure get all the issues out of that car.

+ Had a 87 cutlass supreme 350, 87 fiero, and 96 sc2 when joined. Over 20 turds later the 96 sc2 sits until I have time to finish it with the fiero and DD a fairly modded 98 sw2.

+ When joined was living at home, 19 working out of a service truck mostly on the companies own fleet. Now work for Cat which is awesome and run a small wrecking business, married and home owner for over 3.5 years.

+ Sixthsphere has helped for the funny factor, drama, and technical. Bored in class this site has its days to keep you entertained with some humor and drama.

+ Met many people over time, bought a few turds traded countless amounts of parts. Which reminds me Nic you still have not taken a ride with the AMRS!!
    http://our6thplanet.com/
    40 something saturns.. oh who fraking counts anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Jon, I joined up when several of my friends in the cfl area did in 04 as we were leaving another dying site. When I joined I want to say I was running my yellow 01sc2 with a gt2876r at around 20psi at the time, needless to say that didn't last too long. Currently I have two 95 wagons for daily drivers, two first gen sedans for parts, the front clip from a first gen sc1 for a fabrication jig, a 06IRL that's being stripped down for an lsj swap, my old 01sc2 track car and a 94 IMSA GTO Camaro tube frame that's waiting for restoration for historic racing, there is also an 02 rc51 bike stuffed away somewhere. When I started I was a poor broke collage kid throwing all his money at his car, now I'm a poor broke pilot throwing all this money at his car(s) so not much has changed there. If it wasn't for friends on here I'd have sold off all my saturns by now and gone on to something more practical to mod like any sane person would do. The sphere has been a great source of information and entertainment for the last 8 years.
    Jonathan
    Just a guy with a thing for tubeframes and motorswaps...
    Saturns, I have them, too many of them actually

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Michal, resident rainbow of the sphere. I came onto this site back mid-'06 when I bought my '02 blue SC2 at a local dealership. Second owner from a navy guy who traded it in with about 62k miles. Still own it to this day with 160k miles on it. It's had nothing more than aftermarket engine mounts (Now stock again), painted rear panel, and a short shifter and a ported TB. Everything else has been maintenance.

When I bought the car and found the site, I was making just enough to get by and afford the monthly payments. I received a raise shortly after and spent the next 5 years saving up for the the house I now own with my boyfriend.

Loads of information and troubleshooting tips from some of the minor issues I've had over the years. Always good for conversation and topic discussion, great for parties!

Always memorable parties, tons of trolly threads. Lots of help over a bad sale with a no longer existing member.
    2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 6MT with Trifecta premium fuel tune:
    Saturn Sc2 (No longer owned):

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I'm Jay. One of a handful of people that came up with the idea of this club and site, in a parking lot in Ocala back in 03'. At the time, there were a couple dozen or so local dedicated dipshits like me that modified Saturns, and often raced them. We would meet once in a while at other car site events, and decided we wanted our own shit. We had decent info filled sites like Turbosaturns.net, ExtremeSaturn.com, DifferentRacing.com, SaturnMotorsports.com...but we wanted a place that was more relaxed. A place to meet up and shoot the shit as well as trade info. Sixthsphere is what's left of the original plan. I think the site has really held on quite well considering the loss of the brand, and lack of support from aftermarket parts. The car club didn't fair as well. It was pretty exciting for a while - I was in the pits when the Saturn Motorsports car was the first front wheel drive car in the 7's. We got Lisa and Gary Kubo to come to the dealership I worked at, and she did a little spot on video for the car club. That was really cool of them. They brought a trailer with 3 show cars on it, all full of parts from Saturn Motorsports.
    The club grew like crazy. We had hundreds of new members finding us. ahh, the good ol' days.
    I have experimented with the limits of these engines for quite a while now. I had a ridiculous compression engine that required 110 octane, I had a .080" overbored stock block with a 200 shot of nitrous on it, and I still have a daily driven 400hp turbo saturn. I ported heads for a while there, and I've assembled many saturn engines and transmissions.
    In my circle of friends, I'm the old guy...but I throw a good party. You'll definitely see me posting up events and shit. I'm good at getting people together.
    I've made a shit-ton of friends from this site. And I don't mean internet friends...we actually travel across country and hang out.
    I look forward to the continued growth of this site, and hopefully we'll meet up someday.

see that avatar over there <<< two of my best friends, met them because of my saturn.
    LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
    visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Im Chris. I joined here about 7 years ago and found the site from another forum which doesnt exist anymore(Turbosaturns.net) When I first joined I owned a 97 SL2. I have had numerous cars since joining including: 93 SL2, 94 SL2, 97 SC2 and a 04 Ion Redline. By far the most favorite and one I regret selling is the IRL. Currently I own a Jeep Wrangler. I come here from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. Granted Ive never met anyone here in person its still a little online family to me. I was a young stupid kid that learned quite a bit from this forum especially when it comes to saturns. I have picked up a few saturns cheap because of the knowledge I got here. Other than that....Unless the site shuts down Ill continue to keep checking in every so often. Maybe one day Ill pick up another IRL to drive around.
    Chris Sneesby
    2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Sprintex S/C'd, Magnaflow Offroad Catback, 35" Hankook M/Ts...other stuff...still a minivan.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello kiddies.

My name is Alex. I showed up around 2 years ago coming from Saturnfans.com with delusions of turd granduer. My intentions were to turbocharge my 2002 SL1 and proceed to kickass as well as DD it. The usual treatment was given to me as a noob, and i was stuck in the welcome center much longer that most people had to put up with. But learning the ways of the site, and actually reading and learning, allowed me to wise up and come up with a much better plan/goal.

With little to no automotive experience, i was able to pull off my first motor build and successfully complete a motor swap(not without a few hiccups of course). Then promptly blowed-it-up 6 months after i put it in...damn you PCM ground...

While im stuck at the University of Iowa studying mechanical engineering, and not having anyone in Iowa City to go or talk to, ive met some great guys and made some awesome friends in the midwest. I'd never met this one member, and through the process of trying to buy parts from him, i got invited to his wedding, and ended up party-boying the guy with one of his good friends that day. Lol. Ive had another member ride on an engine block where my passenger seat should have been, a married couple has watched me try and spike up my jew-hawk in their hotel room, i have pulled parts off of someones cursed turd while a small neighborhood kid wandered by and started asking questions and grabbing expensive tools, not to mention the amazing experiences I've had with everyone going to North Carolina.

The members on here are just golden people, and im proud to be part of this messed up little family we have.
    Most people aren't able to understand why this recipe works, and how turds play such a small role in it all. And I love it.

/sentimentality
    Last edited by alexofnazareth; 10-13-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Charles from Indianapolis. I joined up a couple months before buying my 2000 SL2. I should have checked the car over better since the carfax is clean but I found frame damage before I wrecked it myself. I slid into a curb on black ice at ~20mph screwing up the subframe. Fixed that and hit a deer. Fixed that and have been more or less running it into the ground since. But she's still going strong despite her problems. When I have the money to do repairs, I plan to look for a 3rd gen wagon instead. I also bought a slightly lifted 95 GMC Sonoma 4x4. It needs work now too...

About the only area I can give any technical help is in the Car Audio section. I can regurgitate what I read or experienced myself in other areas, but usually I'm more questions than answers.

When I started here I was working for Foxconn building/repairing HP computers. I had that job for just shy of 8 years. They sent me out of the country a few times. There are a couple long and popular threads on my adventures in Mexico and Brazil. I bought a duplex and have been in it for 3 years. My current girlfriend and her kid moved in with me a little over a year ago. I had a friend as a tenant for ~8 months but he moved out in May. I still haven't finished the rental side...

As of this writing, have been unemployed for almost 2 years. Milked the crap out of unemployment but have been putting in applications and resumes like crazy. I took a Windows 7 deployment class but havent taken the certification tests. I will be taking the A+ in a couple weeks. Hopefully the Win 7 before the end of the year. I have an interview Monday for a position I would be excited to get. Unfortunately its the first real place to call me back though. All my bills but the mortgage are past due. If I don't get this job I'll have to start applying for warehouse and possibly fast food rather than tech jobs like I have been.

The Sphere has helped me through the various problems I've had with my car. It has helped me decide to rid myself of a cheating ex girlfriend. It had many LOLz at my expense with my Mexican and Brazilian adventures. Most recently I had a thread about my problem neighbors. I've seen them gather up support for several other members going through drama as well. With all the hard asses we have here, they seem to really be a decent group of guys. Something other than the tech info keeps people coming back when they don't have saturns anymore.
    2008 Saturn Astra XE - New DD Build Thread
    2000 SL2m - Nearly Scrap... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)
    1995 GMC Sonoma ext cab 4x4 - Beater work truck - blew a hard brake line in the rear ~june 2016. Not yet repaired.

Ubiquitous Administrator Donnie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Donnie. I'm awesome.

I found the sphere in my meanderings through the WebberNets. At the time, I lurked TSN, The Silva's and Tristan's forums. After a while, I made the mistake of joining up on SaturnFags. That endeavor quickly came to an end with deleted posts and a Ban. Thinking that the Sphere was where they all said the "Assholes" were, I immediately hopped over and joined up, never to look back. At the time, I had a spectacular collection of shit-boxes, including a LeBaron, '99 SL1 and a '96 SC2 with plans to bewst the balls off the SC2 via a Vortech a mustang buddy was offering me. Thankfully, after years, untold amounts of Turds and several different chosen "upgrade paths" for said turds- I retired from the brand after comparing the price/performance aspects of either Ecotak swapping the White Hot, or just buying into a factory performance car. Given that I now drive a tastefully modded SRT4 Neon, you can guess how hard that choice was in the end...

At the time of joining, I was a full time Student, slinging wrenches for Toyota and living on my own. I quit the auto industry in '09, moved in with my Grandfather and switched career paths. Now, I'm back on my own, working Cash Logistics and testing into the Sheriff's Department.

The ways in which the Sphere has helped? Well, it certainly broadened my horizons and knowledge. I was almost strictly a factory guy, with performance wise, only experience with SBC and BBCs. The forum definitely taught me to think outside of the box in nearly every form, when it comes to going fast. To the extent that I'm admittedly snobbish when it comes to forums/platforms with huge aftermarket and ease of upgrades.

Memories and experiences? Who the fuck could count them... The site linked me up with people I genuinely consider some of my best friends. From guys like JW, who I would have been up shit creek without, more times than I could track. To others like Dan and Seann, who I consider my brothers from other mothers, to guys like Adam, Marc, Scotty, Nathan and names some of you newbs wouldn't even recognize, who I'd drop everything to chill with or help out. I've talked Turbos and gotten sloppy in Florida, broken shit, broken ourselves and gotten sloppy in North Carolina (For years on end), Gotten Sloppy and broken shit up North, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, etc, etc... lol.

Good shit.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
    1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
    1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
    Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
    Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Chris and I am an alcoholi.........wait wrong thread.

I had an ion got rid of it, had no car now I have a p.o.s. neon.

Dustin led me here and I put a hex on him after that, now he's married and shit so the hex worked.
    Ugh....Saturn Owner in rehab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was actually a great idea. Thanks canada.

The name is James. I had a 1999 SL2 that received a 5 speed swap and new motor that my wife built. Car ran great til I rolled it in 2007. That's when I bought my new car, the 1995 SC2 that received a lot of time and money. It has gotten a 5 speed swap and boost, just to name a couple things. When I joined, I was a college student looking to have some fun in a car that I could barely afford. Started collecting parts for a turbo build led me to turbosaturns in 2004, which led me to 6s that same year. Now I am an Engine/Trans tech for Crest Cadillac in Nashville, still looking to have fun in a car that I can barely afford to modify. lol. I used to put on local meets near Nashville for any people willing to come out and have some fun. Normally we would eat lunch and then go for a short cruise around some local backroads. Nothing too fancy, just something to kill some time and enjoy hanging out with a bunch of car guys for the day. Hoping to start those meets back up when I finally get my car running again. I miss my peeps, especially Cody. Haven't seen that bastid in so long, I am starting to forget what he looks like.

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi the name is Jeff. Have been a member here since April 2004 and drive a '99 SL2 although it looks nothing like it does the day I joined here. I've been a member of the Saturn community in some way or another since late '99 shortly after I bought my car.

I have learned so much from this forum here and from the great group of guys and girls that have a passion for these cars also. I just hope I have contributed in one way or another to this great community.

As for memories I have so many. From the great Dragon meets to many of the Nopi shows and small local Saturn meets held over the years and have made many a great friends in doing so.

The car as I joined in 2004
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8333/8...f7633911_b.jpg

The car as of Oct. 2012
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8...0940cfc9_z.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Holy shit, a ghost
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Tony, AKA Zombie by some. It says I joined in Feb of '07, but that doesn't seem right? Either way, I have been a member of most of the various Saturn forums since around '03.

+ What vehicle you owned when you first started, and what you own now:
    -First started with my '98 SL 5sp (not a SL1, just an SL, there is a difference). It was purchased by my family with 32,000mi on it. Still have it, (with the original bottom end, mind you) and beat the snot out of it monthly around the Auto Cross course and use it as my daily driver. Current mileage is 161,xxx.
    -Picked up a '99 SC2 5sp for my wife, motor blew shortly after buying it. Due to using a good chunk of our 'wedding gift' money on the car, it got a HASTILY rebuilt motor. The motor was a workhorse until a few months ago, when it was pulled and eventually sold to AlexNazarian with an unknown burnt valve, my bad. The car was thoroughly parted and then scrapped.
    -Somewhere along the line I picked up a 88 Suzuki Samurai for winter 4x4 play and summer topless play...giggity.
    -Also picked up a '99 Suzuki Katanna 750cc for my wife and I to learn to ride on about 2 summers ago. It's her bike, I only ride occasionally.
    -Just bought a '89 Toyota MR2 to rehabilitate/play mad scientist with. Fixed a few glaring issues, got it driveable, then promptly started thrashing it around the Rally Cross course. Did 4 events in it until the clutch glazed and wouldn't hold. I nursed it home, and eventually sold it off.

+ Where you were in life when you first started, where you are now:
    Started out as a highschool gear head that channeled the wrenching urge into customizing RC cars and trucks.
    Now I am married to my wife of 5 years with our first kid on the way. We both are just out of college (her with a Masters, me with a lowly Associates).
    I am currently employed as a Mechanical Draftsman and Technician for a company that makes automated laboratory equipment. I work with the Engineering/ R&D department developing new products and accessorizes.
    Have a 1000sq foot house with a 900sq foot garage, and 2 dogs.

+ How Sixthsphere has helped
    Oh boy, um, I started as a highschooler with no formal mechanical training besides a knack for taking stuff apart. Thanks to the knowledge gained from doing A LOT of reading here an on other forums, I now feel comfortable tearing into just about any part of vehicle. Even worked for Saturn of Omaha as a general S-series tech for a little over a year right before the automotive bubble burst, just before the brand got canned. I have become hooked on suspension setup, design and theory. Basically this place, and others once like it, (may they RIP), have given me vast amounts confidence and knowledge. Be it purely technical, in fixing the cars, or Social, by growing the thick skin and attitude needed to survive as a Saturn 'tuner' in a world where we hate on ourselves more than everyone else hates us.

+ Any memories from meets/threads
    Wow, well let me say this. I really do consider some of the asshats on this site good friends.
    Shining moments/memories:
    -I remember playing Forza Motorsport 2 and 3, multiple Halo's titles, Call of Duty's, etc with decent groups of us, shenanigans and hilarity have ensued nearly every night for years.
    A few nights still stand out staring me, Donnie, PlastickAvenger (Dan), AdamKob and a few choice others. Things are kinda fuzzy, but the drunken, late-night Halo and Forza matches will live on in infamy for many many years to come.
    -Been down to the Tail of The Dragon meet 3 times now with the members of this site. The beer flows and the (90%) good times last from the time we arrive until we trickle out to head home.
    Attacking US129 at 3am after a 18hour drive with a loaded down car and no sleep is not recommended, but an absolute riot none the less.
    Converting a supercharged SC2 back to NA beside some dingy gas station in the middle of nowhere is also not recommended, and not all that much fun, but a good memory none the less.
    -Have gained many, many good friends through good and bad experiences at these meets. Can't ask for a better group of strangers to drag your wife half-way across the country out to hang out with.
    The list goes on, but that's enough for now.
    Last edited by ZombieSatty; 01-27-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast