Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Build thread: Rotiforms, air suspension, and other good stuff.

Hello all,

Getting used to the forum now, and learning more and more about my car. Probably was a good decision to join huh?

Anyways, this is a build thread. So let me get down to business.

I own a 2002 Sc2. Silver with black leather interior. Just hit 106k on the clock and still running strong.

Bought it in December of 2008 when I turned 15, with many ricey extras. Most importantly was the paint job, depicted below. Sure hope I post these pictures correctly..

391718_4056820857213_216259109_n.jpg

What you should see there is something to make you sick. So, stop looking at it. And let's look at something more eye catching.

ForumUSE1 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE2 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE3 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE4 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE5 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE6 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE7 (1 of 1).jpg

ForumUSE8 (1 of 1).jpg

So there it is, my pride and joy.

Mods done:
    Cheap aftermarket wheels
    Custom side exit (passenger side) with stainless piping and custom high flow cat
    Custom intake with stainless piping and K&N filter.
    Shaved front bumper emblems
    Shaved fender emblems
    APC wing
    Unidentified lowering springs (purple, have been told they are Progress springs. They came with the car.)

Not very impressive I know, but everbody has to start somewhere right? The car stayed like this for most of the past 4 years. Last September, I enlisted in the Air Force as a reservist, and finally have a decent income while I'm at college. So, what will I do with that income in relation to this build?

Wheels: Rotiform NUE's 17x8 et 30
    Suspension: Airlift Autopilot V2 managment with stock rear struts with bags over, and shorter front struts with bags over them
    Some engine bay clean up
    Clear side markers, new reverse light covers, etc. Small things of that nature.

That's all I have in mind for the near future. I'm really after wheel fitment, "stance" if you will. I know it isn't a popular subject, but it's my car and my money kind of deal if you feel me on that.

You're probably reading this and think "This guys all talk, he isn't doing any of this. I've wasted my time reading this."

You're right, reading is for squares. But since you have read it, I'm a man of my word. I will deliver. Not a big thing, but here you go!

(Not sure where this text ended up in relation the the wheel pictures. Ugh..)

Like I said, Rotiform NUE's, just got them on Friday. For future reference, Rotiform is an excellent company. Those wheels were ordered/processed/shipped to my door from CA to PA in 7 days. They are active on their Facebook, e-mail, and even Instagram to answer ALL questions or concerns about there products. I will make my next purchase from them for sure. If you are wondering ball park price for a set, it's around $1,100 all said and done.

Give me until next weekend to have pictures of them mounted on the car. Tires won't be mounted until spring (no point, I won't use these in the snow). This build thread will be slow moving, but I will deliver. All funds for car parts are based off whatever I have after my college is done raping my wallet

(All photos taken by me. They are uploaded to Flickr and Instagram under the username kyle_eagleton for those who use it.)

Thanks for reading guys, expect updates! Wonderful to be on an all Saturn forum. Hope you enjoy this as much as I will!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Brandon94sc2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some real nice wheels right there^ I'm in for updates. Those might be Intrax springs. My dad has a set of purple springs on his coupe that are intraxes and the drop looks about the same.
    1995 SC2 turbo/project car. Shaved/tucked bay and boost. The anti-drug. Broken 4 LIFE
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8tqm Heavy, comfy, and stock. For now....

"How long does a clutch last" How long does a pussy last? All depends on how you abuse it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVSaturn View Post
    Those are some real nice wheels right there^ I'm in for updates. Those might be Intrax springs. My dad has a set of purple springs on his coupe that are intraxes and the drop looks about the same.
    Thanks man. I've been after em for a while and just couldn't afford it. Very blessed with my job.

Intrax huh? I'm definitely down to have them identified, any suggestions on where they could be marked with a brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look on the coil, it will say intrax in little white letters scrolling down. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow when it's light out.
    1995 SC2 turbo/project car. Shaved/tucked bay and boost. The anti-drug. Broken 4 LIFE
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8tqm Heavy, comfy, and stock. For now....

"How long does a clutch last" How long does a pussy last? All depends on how you abuse it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVSaturn View Post
    If you look on the coil, it will say intrax in little white letters scrolling down. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow when it's light out.
    Would really appreciate that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intrax are the only ones that made purple for the s-series, that is what they are. I had a set on one of my s-cars at one point, they arent exactly clearly marked either.
    Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
    ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like those wheels. Wish I could find them in 16s... they look very clean and could be mistaken for OEM.

That wing is hideous

Ubiquitous Administrator Donnie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    That wing is hideous
    That.

Also, wrong section...

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
    1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
    1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
    Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
    Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wing is going to stay, car looks like a shark without it.

Rotiform sells wheels in 16's, but not these.

If thread needs moved I apologize..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    That.

Also, wrong section...

Would appreciate a move then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been derping around on the interwebs more and more lately. Learned that there are folding side mirrors for 3G Sc's? Is there a way to get a hold of a set in the states? or is that just a "JDM" thing?

Would really like to have a set of automaticly folding mirrors. For example, like european cars have when they are turned off, the mirrors fold up. Any insight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_eagleton View Post
    Learned that there are folding side mirrors for 3G Sc's? Is there a way to get a hold of a set in the states? or is that just a "JDM" thing?
    Ummmm.... These cars are made by GM....

Resident Douche Bag and Proud PlastikAvenger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Ganso View Post
    And they were sold in japan, and did have power folding mirrors.
    1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
    1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should look nice and clean with those wheels and the drop/airbags you are planning (minus the wing, sorry man but the 3G SC2 had great body lines from the factory and needs no wing besides the lip it came with). What are you going to do with the side exit? Driving a very low car with a side exit like that is not a good combo lol. Ask Jon Faught about that one.
    1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlastikAvenger View Post
    What he's getting at is that JDM stands for "Japanese Domestic Market", meaning Japanese cars sold in Japan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Ganso View Post

If you think after owning this car for 4 years that I some how didn't know that it was made by GM, you're mistaken.

JDM means Japanese Domestic Market. Meaning that the part/car was only sold in Japan, and therefore only available for purchase from Japan. Honestly, some people....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlastikAvenger View Post
    Any idea how to get a hold of them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Fury View Post
    Should look nice and clean with those wheels and the drop/airbags you are planning (minus the wing, sorry man but the 3G SC2 had great body lines from the factory and needs no wing besides the lip it came with). What are you going to do with the side exit? Driving a very low car with a side exit like that is not a good combo lol. Ask Jon Faught about that one.

The wing is staying for now, it's the least of my concerns. On there when I purchased it. However, it could leave after the suspension is finished.

The side exit will definitely stay, I won't be driving aired out, so I'm not too worried about it. The height the car is at now will be the driving height. Or I'll just drag it and make sparks fly, I don't care.

Thanks for the positive feed back though!

Ubiquitous Administrator Donnie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Fury View Post
    Meh. Only lost mine a few times. lol.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
    1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
    1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
    Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
    Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting back on topic with the build, I'm pretty excited with the width of these wheels. 8 inches is a pretty big jump from the current 6.5 I'm running now. Picture below shows the comparison.

ForumUSE11 (1 of 1).jpg

Smallest width Rotiform produces for this wheel, but seems pretty wide for my little Saturn. Wide wheels are always a good start to fitment!

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast