User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good progress! As a long time Scar scenester, it's nice to see all the quality cars recently with actual build documentation. If it's not documented, it may as well not have happened. That has plagued this community on some of the highest profile builds. Keep it up!

For the front sensors, how about attaching to the lower "spring" seat? Will need a bracket on the body side of course. Will need to account for steering changing the angles though...

Could also reference off the LCA or swaybar. Possibly use a clamped on "bracket" to the moving side so no welding to bar or LCA. Swaybar May be best as it can be mounted out of the way of all the moving bits and is really close to frame towards the front, if there is enough travel there.
    Last edited by ZombieSatty; 04-12-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know for a fact mounting to the strut wouldn't be possible, but not a terrible idea. Sway bar is my thought also, but building a bracket that I like will be challenging.

Here are the sensors by the way:

And here is a comparison of 1/4 old airline to 3/8 new airline I just put in today:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes ZombieSatty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I haven't been on in some time and many things have changed. Keen to give everyone reading this an update. I'll add photos from my phone in a separate post below.

First though, I read through some of my old 2012/2013 threads, and the beginning of this one, and was reminded how cringe-worthy I was at 19 years old. Disturbing.

So it looks like last time I left off I had yet to complete the management installation. Well, since then I have, aside from building front brackets for the height sensors. So the system runs pressure based, just like the old one. I really like it, and it was worth it.

After that was completed, I took the car to my friend I'm sure I mentioned for the paint work. Very long story short, as some of you already know, he ended up ruining the entire car and had it for 2 months with hardly any communication with me. So I had the full thing repainted (roof design is still there), and the trunk memorial finished. The new painter is a very good guy, and we finished it just in time for H20i, my favorite event. So the car went from December 2015 to September 2016 without any driving.

It's worth mentioning, to illustrate how poorly the car was re-cleared by the old friend of mine, that the new painter usually can sand a car down in 5 hours himself to prep for paint. He spent 40 hours sanding my car.

2 days after having the car back, OCMD (where the event is) got heavy rain. I was driving back from a Delaware exhaust shop where I had something repaired that went wrong on my trip down, when my CAI began to suck up water. I made it back to Ocean City, and was on the main strip heading to Adam LeBlanc (who was going to lend me some tools to put the filter on the throttle body) when the engine finally blew. I didn't hit any large puddles really, I think it was just how much water lay on the flat ground that caused the issue. I pushed the car off Coastal Highway, and Adam came and met me underneath a condo garage. There was definitely a hole in the engine, so my experience was done.

This however worked out well for Adam, because shortly after I returned home with my car, he made me a very generous offer on his engine and accessories, and I took him up on it. Brett Caperton also agreed to install the engine and tune it for me. I really am glad to work with both guys on this. I'll post some details of Adam's parts and engine he sold to me below as well, since I have the full text saved on my phone.

So if you scroll up a bit, you'll see I have no idea about tuning or engine building. I am grateful to have Brett available to do the work that I would not be able to start myself. Adam's engine was a father/son build, and so was my car, and that's why I feel the engine is best at home with me. I think Adam does as well. Really excited to have it.

Nothing with the cars alignment or suspension will change, that is why Adam's engine will not be pushed to its full potential. My goal is 400whp, with a wire tucked and shaved bay, and that alone is going to be a lot of power. Of course it won't get traction under hard throttle, but this was a decision that I made knowing that. After all, it's a show car at this point, and it's really something I enjoy.

Any day now my friends and I will pull the old engine. I will be doing the wire tuck with them as well. Afterwards, it will go to the shop for the shave and paint, and then to Brett for completion. I am really excited to see this car finally done. For those of you who know what it means to me, I'm sure you can understand this better. I'll be posting more here as we go.

5. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On its way to get the paint ruined

Cleaning before taking to the second paint shop

The new color. Dodge Inferno red, with some added gold flake. It's really nice in person.

The trunk which was hand painted. The guy did a great job on it.

All finished up, or so I thought.

Some H2Oi photos

After the engine blew, sitting next to my friends Corvair

Heading home

Thought this rolling shot was kinda funny that someone took

Here's the car at my friends garage hiding from my ex girlfriend who tried to find the car and damage it in its incapacitated state before she moved out of the area. I like this picture because of the cat, and my friends S15 Spec R is beside my car on the opposite side.

Finally coming home a month after the engine blew and crazy lady was gone.

Got right to work, took the hood off and did nothing else. Lol

I had some studying to do for my law school entrance exam, so I took some time off of the car saga for a couple months.

Car wouldn't air last week, turned out to be a loose ignition fuse.

It's aired up now and I have free time. Let's see if we can get this ready for paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleanest car on the sphere

8. Likes kyle_eagleton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disassemble the entire front of the car, and hide the parts.

It will save from cracks in the plastic, and also all the wiring is in the driver fender, and much easier to access with the front end apart.

Aside from that, best of luck and party on. I like your garage a lot.

10. Likes kyle_eagleton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick video from today. Ride height to full drop to ride height again.

12. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Front doesn't look like it dumps as much as the back. Didn't you do custom lower control arms to eliminate the sway bar?
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I never had any custom lower control arms.

When measuring from the front portion of the side skirt and the rear portion of the side skirt, the only two constant measure points IMO, the front is 1/4 inch higher than the rear. This is because the front sits on the subframe. Both front and rear wheels lay on the uppermost portion of the wheel well, on top of the tire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small update: engine is out.

Also, always kinda wanted to have a photo of this, lol. It's not every day you get to stand on your subframe that lays on the ground.

From here out, Brett will be coming up to give me a wiring crash course, and then from there I will get it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That things crazy low. I've contemplated about lowering mine but its already such a low ride height for me. First vehicle I've owned in a long time that isnt dropped! Looks killer clean though. Nice work.
    2001 SC2 DD
    2011 Silverado ext cab. 4.8 LS belltech 4/6 on centerlines with SLP goodies

17. Likes kyle_eagleton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man!

So today I pushed it outside for some fresh air, and cleaned years of axle grease off of the subframe. Purple power and Brake part cleaner worked pretty well. Would have been better if I had a few spare toothbrushes... the girl I'm seeing has one here I could have used... lol.

Here are some pics. Not quite done yet, but we are painting the subframe and the wheel wells red as well, to match the car.

19. Likes dynonacht liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: most of the engine bay is now clear. Just broke into the fuse box and looking to get that started when I return from NYC this weekend. Will post pictures next week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did you LSAT go?
    current: 00 odyssey/99 civic SiR/01 civic si/98 civic sedan/98 civic coupe turbo/90 civic sedan/88 civic sedan/70 vw beeltle/83 grand prix
    past: 02 sl1m/93 sw2m/99 civic sedan/00 golf TDI/07 G6/03 pathfinder/02 dakota 4x4/97 sc2a/00 astro/90 civic sedan/86 prelude/93 sl2a/85 jetta coupe/85 samurai/88 e250/90 civic hatch/85 crown vic/85 audi 5000S/89 daytona/85 300ZX turbo/82 plymouth caravelle/86 olds calais/88 grand am turbo/84 accord hatch/80 civic 1500S/

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Build thread: Rotiforms, air suspension, and other good stuff.

Kyle doesn’t get on here much anymore so I figured I’d post a substantial update.

The car now runs and drives under its own power. We took it out for the first drive yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW. It looks great.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

24. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728