User Tag List

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859
Results 1,161 to 1,162 of 1162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After doing come more reading about the four link stuff, you need to have at least 45% of the weight over the rear. I was in the 44.2% range with me in the car (43.7% with me out of the car). So it looks like I need to add some weight to the rear. I still have not made and installed a speaker box for my sub, so maybe that will be next.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Bretz View Post
    I took the car to get weighed in today on a corner balance machine. Not for actual corner balancing but because the machine gave me a center of gravity. With the center of gravity I can determine what is called the anti-squat line. You can make the rear lift up or squat based off of where the imaginary intersection line of the four link bars. Theoretically you want the intersection right on the line so that the rear does not lift or squat as the movement or the rear suspension absorbs some power, power you could be using to move forward.

Anyway, The car weighs 2835 with 3/4 of a tank of gas without me in it.
    The center of gravity, with me in it, it right at the driver's seat 14 inched off of the ground.
    Now I need to get a good side view picture of he car so I can make some scale drawings and overlay the four link position options.
    I may input the measurements into a drawing program... Even something like paint has the graduation on the side bars so I can make a scale picture.
    I was curious about the weight of my 95 after the LSJ swap. It was 2550 without me in it. Not too bad considering the sub frame is a lot heavier than the S car.
    IN THE END...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! 72 El Camino 5.3 T56 swap DD----95 SC2 LSJ 13.90@104MPH stock pulley. Drag racing is for quick cars... Roll racing is for fast cars! OWNER OF THE WORLDS FIRST LSJ POWERED 95 SC2!

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859