Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4420
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yarp, sort of a precursor to today's magnetic active suspensions.

https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/1008...-volvo-have-it
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Yarp, sort of a precursor to today's magnetic active suspensions.

https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/1008...-volvo-have-it
    Wow. not cheap to replace. I thought the auto leveling shocks on my Saab were expensive. Lol

What kind of adjustments can you do or is it just resetting error codes

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by toka100; 08-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm MagLev suspension has that been tried?
    2002 Saturn SC1, Orange, EFI/OHC, 200,709 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has 3 modes: Comfort, Sport, Advanced.

Comfort and sport are essentially like swapping between luxury/sport shocks. Advanced is firmer still. It's like it comes with 3 sets of shocks. But it's more than that, it's actively adjusting between them in each, to a varying degree and with different desired outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to your car today?

Pulled my 93 out of the shop for the first time in a few years. It has been pretty much stripped down to nothing. Lol sits really high. Lol

The dust bandit got some sun today also.

70 miles in 9 years.. The tags on it are from 1999.

Spent some time straightening the front of the Saab also. Itís getting close. A come-a-long and a hoist works wonders.

We have a frame machine but are missing a few parts. It basically unusable which really sucks. Only time I need it and I canít use it.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by toka100; 08-02-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    It has 3 modes: Comfort, Sport, Advanced.

Comfort and sport are essentially like swapping between luxury/sport shocks. Advanced is firmer still. It's like it comes with 3 sets of shocks. But it's more than that, it's actively adjusting between them in each, to a varying degree and with different desired outcome.
    Interesting. Is it like a rotational orifice it is clocking inside the shock? Or are you saying it uses magnetic fluid (which I thought GM owned the patent on)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are slightly different front / rear, but the shocks are a hydraulic system. Acceleration and position sensors scattered around body and suspension sense the movements, Suspension control module interprates it, then controls valves on each shock to adjust oil bypass of main piston, in either direction, depending on mode selection etc.

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/2004r/R5-Four-C.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy cow, been looking for replacement weather striping around the door , discontinued part , yeah we know GM . noticed air gaps making whistling sounds. not real musical. anyone know where to get NOS?/ OEM?

Part number 5 = GM #21160256 + GM #21160172

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/auto-p...ge-pillar-scat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A combination of my riding of the clutch along with my wife's dumping of the clutch at almost every red light has caused the clutch on the Mazda5 to go. It's making horrid scraping noises on full engagement.

On the brightside a brand new clutch ran me 62$ and a shop my father knows very well offered to install it at a stunning price point of 200$. Instead of the average $600 I was quoted at several mechanic shops in the area. Hell some of the shops I spoke with wouldn't touch the car unless I ordered the part through them. The hells up with that?

Anyways monday morning the 5 will be thrown on the lift and monday night I'll be driving her home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well did a sort of Mod , Side marker lights now act as turn signals as well as running lights. good idea by Richpin06a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTznly2V5tw

11. Likes awelch37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Fun mod, should have been that way originally.

I don't think Richpin came up with it, don't know who did though. Richpin is awesome, no questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obvisouly he can't read (see center pic). Had to ask him in a "stern manor" to move that shit.

Then i got some plastic up on the walls before it got too dark. Hopefully it will hold.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it today mine turned out differently, his side and front turn signals flashed at the same time but alternated when the headlights were turned on. mine alternate with or without the lights on. weird because i did it the same way he did. maybe it's because i have a LED Flasher unit for led bulbs to stop hyper flash? I was also looking for an aftermarket auto headlight system for mt next project. need half the exhaust to complete it , afraid to start cutting the flange bolts off the intermediate / catalytic converter. Just going to put the resonator intermediate pipe to the side for now, and get the flex pipe and cat to do it all in one shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubensw2 View Post
    ...some of the shops I spoke with wouldn't touch the car unless I ordered the part through them. The hells up with that?
    Extremely common around here, and has been for 20+ years. Damn near impossible to find a shop that will install a part you provide. They'll usually claim liability reasons, or that they won't do it because they can't guarantee the part. Even when you tell them you won't expect them to guarantee the part, then they still won't do it.

The real reason is profit - I used to work at a parts store when I was in college 25 years ago, and they showed me the dirty secret. (disclaimer: I don't know that every shop does this, but the management at the store I worked at in Austin in 1993 told me nearly all of our shop customers did the same thing at that time.)

Part X lists at $400, retails at $250. Parts store pays distributor $75 for part. Parts store sells part X to shop for $100. Shop 'sells' part to customer for list price ($400), sometimes even adding in an upcharge for obtaining the part or some crap like that. Don't get me wrong, I understand businesses exist for the purpose of making money, but that borders on abusive to me, on top of whatever shop labor rates are today ($120/hr ? maybe more?). Yet another reason I rarely let anyone work on anything of mine.

16. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called a local shop today and asked what they charge for labor per hour, they asked what car and what was needed i told them i have cat back exhaust i want to install and i had all the parts. they immediately said " Sorry not interested" and hung up.

They charge 70 an hour for labor tell me they are not making money, the tech is probably getting 10 -15 dollars of it I was willing to pay 150 .

Now I am looking to borrow a torch kit to do it myself
    Last edited by SMGordon1259; 08-09-2018 at 11:09 AM.

18. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely abusive. I get the labor charge it is what it is. Sourcing the part (may be the same exact one)for multiples times of what the price is online is down right scummy. As for the installation of a catback is ridiculous it would take a half decent exhaust shop 45 minutes maximum to install a catback even if it needs cutting and welding. I had a custom catback made for 150 flat before especially when it's one of their slow days.

Now off of the tangent. Mazda5 is running great needs a oil change and a detail and it should be good as new.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rubensw2; 08-14-2018 at 09:49 PM.
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swapped in the Siemens 88# injectors. Hopefully these dont overheat and melt themselves like before. I had the stock injectors on for a while without killing them, so I'm slightly hopeful that this issue is no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't touch installing someone else's exhaust unless I was charging them really good money for it. As soon as something goes wrong (and it probably does with Ebay parts or whatever garbage the average owner of a 20 year old piece of shit is buying), it becomes a pain in the dick.

Those guys want to make money. If they can fill their shop with standard work that is quick, consistent, and produces a known profit, they will.

Those mechanics are often not paid well, and neither is the shop owner. They have a lot of expenses to cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished fabricating the pulley standoffs and bracket spacers for the blower. Tried to buy a belt for it, but none of the parts stores around me had a 70-inch 5-rib belt. I just have to drill 2 more holes, and the supercharger brackets are finished. After that, it's on to printing and casting the inlet and discharge manifolds for the blower.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

23. Likes axxer4200 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice setup, looks much better.