Close

User Tag List

Page 215 of 221 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4420
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Protip: never let a project get big enough to take more than a few evenings of work.

Shit.

I think we all have failed at that. Lol
    Last edited by toka100; 05-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.

2. Likes ZombieSatty, leadfootny, Joel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a vibration on my BMW I've been trying to isolate for literally years. I replaced struts/control arms, bushings, swaybars, links, tie rods, tires, everything..

I tracked down a set of OEM BMW wheels, put my tires on there and it's all perfect again.

Dropped my aftermarket wheels at the recyclers this morning. Car drives smooth again, finally.

Should be a perfect backup/winter beater car now.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday I managed to destroy the upper motor mount, which in turn, punched a hole in my valve cover and dumped oil all over the front of the engine.

All this before having to go out of town Friday for my sister's wedding. I managed to temporarily seal the crack in the valve cover with plastic "welding" epoxy and let it cure all weekend while I borrowed my other sister's Jeep.

Hopefully it holds long enough for me to get to a junk yard and pick up a new valve cover

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started Sanding ( 600 Grit Wet Dry Sand) Headlight Assemblies to remove CATARACTS, Cleaned up ok, not happy yet, 600 does not seem aggressive enough gonna drop back down to 400 then work my way up to 600, then a final 800 grit with rubbing compound to clean it up. I hope I don't run out of elbow grease 20180517_112830_resized.jpg
    Last edited by SMGordon1259; 05-17-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    2002 Saturn SC1, Orange, EFI/OHC, 200,709 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got tired of the previous owners janky cat-delete job coming un-clamped and stuck some self tapping screws in it. Was planning on buying a new OEM tailpipe from the cat back last week, ended up spending the money fixing my catastrophic motor mount failure instead.

Maybe one of these days I'll quit being lazy and go get a new welding helmet so I can fab up a decent test pipe.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just put a cat in there?

Cat deletes are pretty stupid.

8. Likes alexofnazareth, siris liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    Why not just put a cat in there?

Cat deletes are pretty stupid.
    Because its cheaper to just weld a spark plug defouler into the piece of pipe thats already there, and then weld it in place.

The main issue now is that the PO just used exhaust clamps, the existing resonator/tailpipe section is all rusted out and the factory hangers are falling off, one of the hangers broke off the pipe the other day, and the clamps came undone.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protip: never let a project get big enough to take more than a few evenings of work.
    LOL! Years mine take years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddies slapped some wheels on the car that have been sitting in the garage for a while. They fucked up my rear camber in the process

12. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't there a way to do a crank re-learn on a 99+ without a scan tool? I could have sworn I've seen that thread a dozen times, but now I'm searching and can't find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04quadcoupe View Post
    Isn't there a way to do a crank re-learn on a 99+ without a scan tool? I could have sworn I've seen that thread a dozen times, but now I'm searching and can't find it.

rev in neutral and let it hit the standing rev limiter and then let off the gas and let it come back to idle... that's it.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck. 10 years and running, and I'm finally building the brackets to put the blower on.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eep! I know that's a mock up, but there doesn't look like much wrap on the water pump. I trust you have it handheld though.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes looks like the blower should be brought closer to the motor and/or up a little higher, about an inch? then the belt would have a lot more real estate like the factory set up.
    2002 Saturn SC1, Orange, EFI/OHC, 200,709 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make the pulley on the blower smaller, more boost and more contact with water pump. Win win!

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
    Make the pulley on the blower smaller, more boost and more contact with water pump. Win win!
    Can't. The blower has a magnetic clutch, which I plan to retain. Plus, (according to Eaton's specs), the pulley ratio is approaching the the blower's max rated RPM at 7k on the engine.

And yes, there will be a Mad-Max-esque red pull knob on the shifter to turn the blower on and off.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

20. Likes importsdontlikeme, ZombieSatty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had my S/C coupe I always thought it would be nice to have that feature. It was annoying cruising on the highway moving all that air. That will be very nice to turn that off.

With all that said I went turbo and I never looked back. You control what happens with your foot and with a properly sized turbo your lag is minimal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExHempKnight View Post
    And yes, there will be a Mad-Max-esque red pull knob on the shifter to turn the blower on and off.
    Not sure what you're using for engine management but Electromotive has a GPO (general purpose output) option that will turn your blower on and off based on RPM and/or load. Basically what you do with your foot will tell that clutch when to turn on and off.

I use that feature for my A/C compressor and crankcase vacuum system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this blower back when I still was under the delusion that I was going to be daily driving this thing forever. Thats definitely no longer the case, but I've put so much thought and money and effort into this idea, I'm going to damn well see it though lol. Also, I lack a truck and trailer, it will be nice to switch off the noise and get better gas mileage when I'm en route to events.

I thought about going turbo, but I took care of that when I bought a '17 WRX STi.

As far as engine management, I'm sticking with the MS1-E I bought years ago. Again, I've put so much thought and effort into the thing, I'll hate myself if I don't use it, at least for a while. Plus I've made some internal modifications to the stock ECU with the MS in mind.

24. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed my rear camber a couple days ago. Still deciding on whether or not to remove another coil or 1/2 coil in the rear.

26. Likes importsdontlikeme, leadfootny liked this post