Close

User Tag List

Page 216 of 228 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4556
    Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    Fixed my rear camber a couple days ago. Still deciding on whether or not to remove another coil or 1/2 coil in the rear.
    Looks good Travis! I've always been a sucker for white cars with black-darkish wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what it is about these little turds. I see all these nice cars rolling around and I have zero desire to get behind the wheel of any of them.

I know a lot of the members from this community have grown out of Saturns which is completely understandable. I guess for me it's become so much more then just cheap reliable transportation. I love how unique Saturn was as a company and how wonderful the S-Series was for its time.

Even today so many of them are still on the road. I see them everywhere.

So today I appreciated my Saturn and all that I've learned because of my time here and the community we have. I have made a lot of great friends because of these little cars and this forum.

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the process of decontaminating the Vue's interior, but there's food crumb and skin particles everywhere.
    Compressed air helped make things easier, but I still need to tackle removing stains from the suede on the passenger seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the process of decontaminating the Vue's interior, but there's food crumb and skin particles everywhere.
    Compressed air helped make things easier, but I still need to tackle removing stains from the suede on the passenger seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balanced and rotated the tires today as well as the obligatory oil top off. Saturn's don't kill Saturn's, people do by not checking their oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sat here another day dreaming of the day I have time to start working on my car. So I work on the new house day after day after day. Maybe when I get this done I might get a chance to remove a valve cover or something. It's really depressing not being able to make any progress!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

7. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreaming of the day i move into the new house. That way I can buy another Saturn.. I needs me another wagon..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

9. Likes axxer4200 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong. I love having a house, but it's a fixer uper. 20+years of updates that need to be done. Me being a contractor and a cheap ass I do almost every thing myself. I made a little money off my last house but still haven't gotten my project off the ground. I see it everyday and wish I could go start tearing it apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubensw2 View Post
    Dreaming of the day i move into the new house. That way I can buy another Saturn.. I needs me another wagon..

11. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owning a house sucks.

13. Likes leadfootny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    Owning a house sucks.
    Yes and no. I wouldn't want to pay rent to someone else to pay their mortgage! At least I can sell and upgrade when I'm done

15. Likes importsdontlikeme, rubensw2 liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by axxer4200 View Post
    Yes and no. I wouldn't want to pay rent to someone else to pay their mortgage! At least I can sell and upgrade when I'm done

Eh, you'd be surprised how many landlords lose money renting to others. Remember, mortgage is only a piece of home ownership cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a foreclosure that's worth about $85k more then what we owe. Slowly fixing it up. It was originally built in the 1850's it's got some character. I'm glad we bought instead of renting.

18. Likes axxer4200, leadfootny, rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a couple do days late... I worked on the saturn last sunday. I have had an issue with the brake pedal not coming back the last very bit so the the brake lights would stay on and the pads would drag a little unless I pulled the pedal back with my toe.
    Long story short, I had to get under the dash and adjust the rob between the booster and the pedal. Once that was done I had to readjust he other side of the booster that goes into the master cylinder.
    The I reinstalled the hood. The hood was off since it overheated a moth or so back.
    Finally worked on the honda mower. It had not had its oil changed since I bought it back in 2011 and the oil was starting to get dark, so I got to do that. Honda makes it really easy. Just put it up on some blocks, tip it over and then remove the dipstick.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

20. Likes leadfootny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got around to fabricating a new mount for the frame side of the trans torque angle mount, since the factory one was rusted out.

Took some scrap angle iron, cut it, drilled it and welded it in. I think it turned out ok, but i quickly remembered I'm definitely not a welder

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

22. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah currently in philly I pay 1100 for a 3br with a small car garage. When I buy the new house I'll be paying 6-700. With everything included insurance and all the extras. New house is also 3 bedroom but with an attached lot instead of the small garage. Just need to save more cash. 4 children definitely not cheap to raise haha.

Also currently working on diagnosing scraping noise along with a right side braking bias on my wife vibe gt.

Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it's time for a brake job
    Yeah currently in philly I pay 1100 for a 3br with a small car garage. When I buy the new house I'll be paying 6-700. With everything included insurance and all the extras. New house is also 3 bedroom but with an attached lot instead of the small garage. Just need to save more cash. 4 children definitely not cheap to raise haha.

Also currently working on diagnosing scraping noise along with a right side braking bias on my wife vibe gt.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! Mortgage is cheaper than rent, and you have freedom to do more of what you want!

26. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of going way off topic:

700 includes taxes and insurance?

My mortgage, with taxes and insurance is around $720. When you factor in all the other home ownership costs, its easily $1000+. Then factor in the time value of money. The $30k or so I put down when I moved in would've earned me $25,250 in the market by now.

Put it this way, if someone is renting you that for $1100/month, they are likely losing money or just barely braking even, and they have to deal with house bullshit while you don't.

28. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like if people only broke even renting then why do so many people own rental properties?

$720 with taxes and insurance is super cheap! I wish our mortgage was even close to that.

30. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
    I feel like if people only broke even renting then why do so many people own rental properties?

Some of them make good money. In many cases they simply don't know any better. A good rule of thumb is the 2% rule, if you pay cash. Mortgaged, you can probably drop to 1.5% and make decent money. That is, your monthly rent is 2% of your property value. http://www.123flip.com/education/the-2-rule/

Its amazing the number of landlords I've talked to about their cash flow and they seem to have no idea what it should be. They simply say "well, it pays more than my mortgage, so I'm making money".

My mom is one of those people. Has a $350k condo on the lake she rents out for a pathetically small amount of money. I keep telling her the market will pay 3-4x that amount, and she doesn't have to take HOA, taxes, etc. out of the cut. Worse yet, she paid cash for it I'm like "Mom, stop wasting my inheritance!"