User Tag List

Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 3900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was working my dad installed a temp switch (near the intake)to bypass a relay that wasn't getting any voltage causing the car to not crank when the key was turned. Tomorrow we'll be installing a push start somewhere on the dash.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rubensw2; 05-21-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: More info
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see...

Last week I took my tire to get looked at. First tire place was like 'we can't find anything wrong. We'll put it back on your car for you though.' I get home and grab the kid because we were going to run errands. Got back in, roll the windows down and started to back out of the driveway... every couple feet I hear a "PSSSSt" then stops then again... few more feet, repeats. I stopped while it was making the noise and found the air was coming from the bead. Marked the tire and went to another tire place. Same deal, they can't find it. Guy was eventually like 'screw it' and had the other guy take the tire off the rim. He started inspecting the tire and popped a little pebble from the bead right where I had marked the tire. Extra dose of bead glue gunk there and remounted the tire. Everything has been fine since.

Tires are ~1/8" too big and rub a tad though. Looking close, it is only the front, only at certain angles, and they are only hitting the mud flaps. Funny thing is the tires would likely clear everything if the car was an XR rather than an XE. The XR sits ~30mm lower from the factory... My mud flaps look like they've been chewed on by a dog or something so I'm not worried about them. New ones aren't terribly expensive when the time comes.

Car has gotten loud over the last week but I figured out it is the flex pipe. No hurry to fix it... some people pay to have their cars sound like mine does now. Trying to decide if I want to drop ~$260 to import a stainless header from Germany... That would delete the precat but that wouldn't fix the flex pipe.

Bought an op-com clone... It is an Opel specific Tech2 like device. I know some of the programming works with the Saturn version of the Astra. I can only wait and see what all I can do with it once it gets here.
    Have a cam position sensor to replace. Got an OEM off ebay (GM hologram on the polybag) for ~1/2 the price of a duralast from Autozone. Waiting on my Vauxhall Opel Haynes manual to show up to install it since Haynes never released a Saturn version. Also found that my reverse lights don't work. Not sure if it is just a switch, fuse, both bulbs, or something more in depth. Waiting on the manual before I start looking into that as well.

Interview for the job I already have is Tuesday. Won't find out if I get to keep my job until middle of next month. If I do get to keep it, I'll probably be throwing a lot of money at this car and resuming my search for a 3rd gen SW. (and would consider a postal and stupid lowness as it wouldn't be my DD)
    Last edited by TheDumbAss; 05-22-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    2008 Saturn Astra XE - New DD Build Thread
    2000 SL2m - Nearly Scrap... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)
    1995 GMC Sonoma ext cab 4x4 - Beater work truck - blew a hard brake line in the rear ~june 2016. Not yet repaired.

3. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put a momentary in line with the CSS and hide it somewhere you can reach with your left hand or foot. Using an existing button would be great, but none on the LH side of the cluster/column.

5. Likes TheDumbAss liked this post
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully times are posted shortly, but I believe I took 1st in class as well as fastest 2WD at the Rallyx yesterday. Whee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the battery out of the Datsun to charge it and talked my Brother in Law to let me put it in his shed to start working on it there.

My plans include:
    Engine rebuild,
    Front Brakes (maybe rear too)
    Front Suspension
    then if i get time, work on the interior.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

8. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    Hopefully times are posted shortly, but I believe I took 1st in class as well as fastest 2WD at the Rallyx yesterday. Whee.
    Got a vid? Be neat to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJOKn3tR6E

Thats the only one I've put up from this weekend. Heading out of the country for the next 2 weeks so I'll put more up when I get back. Videos from other events in the same channel though (Bentra Motorsports)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After putting in the push start now I just noticed my ac/heat no longer work nothing happens when I turn the switch and all my fuses are good.. fuck my life

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my Vauxhall/Opel Astra Haynes manual yesterday... I am the opposite of impressed with the quality. Feel like it was likely a waste of $25.
    A lot of questions I had were totally unanswered.

And... according to it, the car has a 10,000 mile oil change interval (Yes, it says miles not kilometers)
    And it says the timing belt needs replaced every 40,000 miles. Not 100,000 like I believe most cars say.
    2008 Saturn Astra XE - New DD Build Thread
    2000 SL2m - Nearly Scrap... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)
    1995 GMC Sonoma ext cab 4x4 - Beater work truck - blew a hard brake line in the rear ~june 2016. Not yet repaired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a Haynes manual help me with anything but torque specs when I didn't want to get my phone screen greasy.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2003 BMW e46
    1997 Saturn SC2 Turbocharged - Build Thread
    1998 Ford Ranger

14. Likes TheDumbAss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put my car to rest as it was recovered today stripped, filled with other car parts and garbage.

Will post some parts in the classified section soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sucks dude.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam low lifes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the car in for an alignment the other day and when I got home I pulled a rear wheel off ( was getting new tires installed) . I noticed the rear sway bar links were completely shot! Figured the tech doing the alignment would catch something like that. Ordered the moog greasable end links. What a nice little difference having a rear sway bar hooked up makes lol!
    2001 SC2 DD
    2011 Silverado ext cab. 4.8 LS belltech 4/6 on centerlines with SLP goodies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fixed the improper ujoint alignment on the Datsun, guy that swapped the rear axle welded the rear ujoint out of sync, so it would beat the slip yoke seal out of the trans from the vibrations.

Threw a new seal in, refilled the trans, redid the alignment because I swapped all new ball joints in.

Washed and waxed it. Got a buddy that paid for a spot at the local car show months ago, he blew his car up two weeks ago, so he didn't have a car to take to the car show. Told him to take the Datsun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @siris What kind of Datsun do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nad View Post
    @siris What kind of Datsun do you have?
    1982 720 SD22 na diesel 5spd 2wd. We glued a turbo to it and turned the fuel to the moon.

Edit:
    Apparently it's getting some love at the car show, buddy sent me this, said it's had a croud all morning.

Car show has a mod list you can fill out, I told him to put "glued together bullshit" under mods.
    Last edited by siris; 05-27-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    went to do a brake job ended up snapping a bleeder so I changed both rotors and calipers along with all brakes, fixed my rear window defogger with permatex kit, put helper springs in the trunk because I wanted it to go all the way up not just pop the latch, a magical coolant leak started on the plastic part of the rad then dissapeared as magically as it appeared, then after all that my rear bushing started making noise now its time to replace those then washed the car. I refuse to give up on my 97 as a daily.
    next weekend im going to pick n pull to look for a motor for the 2002 and rebuild that over the next little while as that's what I want to turbo.

1997 Saturn SC - Daily
    2002 Saturn SC2
    1995 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    Fixed the improper ujoint alignment on the Datsun, guy that swapped the rear axle welded the rear ujoint out of sync, so it would beat the slip yoke seal out of the trans from the vibrations.

Threw a new seal in, refilled the trans, redid the alignment because I swapped all new ball joints in.

Washed and waxed it. Got a buddy that paid for a spot at the local car show months ago, he blew his car up two weeks ago, so he didn't have a car to take to the car show. Told him to take the Datsun.

I don't think I woulda spliced it there in the middle of the shaft like that. Lotta stress right there. My old work we would shortin drive shafts for semi's. We always torch the weld off on the end, pound the yoke out, cut shaft, pound yoke in and line it up as ya tacked it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99michael View Post
    I don't think I woulda spliced it there in the middle of the shaft like that. Lotta stress right there. My old work we would shortin drive shafts for semi's. We always torch the weld off on the end, pound the yoke out, cut shaft, pound yoke in and line it up as ya tacked it.

The issue was the driveshaft had already been cut and welded at the diff side, I guess I could have cut it at the front ujoint, but if it would fail I'd rather it fail in the middle and not the front, less driveshaft length to tear shit up or pole vault the rear of the truck.