User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
    Sounds good man! If you need any oddball parts we've got a lot of stuff in the shed, just shoot me a text.
    for sure man!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Bretz View Post
    If you shake that fuel around so if goes threw the filter a few times, some times the fuel will drain out almost black.
    ick, def glad I replaced that, I don't need anything getting clogged and making my car run like shit then having to rip the whole fuel system apart to find out what went wrong.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so since I've decided to part out the project and do something a little more simple for a while I'm going to get all the light mods done on this thing in short time. Going to fix all the suspension stuff, fix and mod the exhaust (maybe get oem header), clean up n swap some of the interior, pick up a set of wheels n tires, fix some of the body panels then just drive the thing till it blows up. I'm not cracking open the engine until I absolutely need to do so and when I do that I'll probably end up throwing in forged goods so I can do another low boost build later on. 230whp Saturns are plenty of fun, but for real power I want something RWD that goes 10s.
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to inherit more white hot parts(ie, ramhorn manifold).
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait for the part out thread you vulture!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    I want to inherit more white hot parts(ie, ramhorn manifold).
    and the fail curse associated with it?

2002 LOL200 113HP/122TQ
    2012 Chevy Cruze LT/RS

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevejr47 View Post
    and the fail curse associated with it?
    I'm purifying them with my awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send the parts here and I'd bag-na-flux them....its like holy water on a demon.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, I don't think it's the parts that were cursed...

So some little updates, I got rid of the old sloppy worn out engine mounts for some with poly inserts, I def like the feel of those vs. stock. Also found my old EGR valve I had lying around and slapped that on so my CEL is gone now and the car is running proper so I can actually get it inspected next month. I'm picking up an AEM wbo2 off of LowSL2 so I'm looking to find a 91-92 header and install the wideband just because I like being able to monitor my AFRs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So an update more people will be interested in. I picked up a set of Carrera rear coil over housings from Bill today. I have everything except for the dampers, so now you're wondering where I am gunna get those? Well it turns out that there's a certain Koni insert that fits the housing. 8610-1436 Race should work with just minimal mods to the housings. I will get dimensions on the housings so if anyone wanted to build their own set they could do so if they had some cutting tools and welder.

I need new struts anyway, so why not go straight back to being low lol. This won't be Dan low, but it will sit nice. Also adding mud flappy flaps again, I like how they look and only $25 for rally armor universals which I'll be cutting up a tad.

Oh and I started on the black interior this weekend. My speakers were blown so I grabbed some I had sitting around and since I had to pull off the door panels I got all four done. I'll do a junk yard run soon to grab some trim panels and go from there, I'm not sure how much of the interior I'll actually swap over. I'd like to not pull the carpet out of the car, but if it looks weird with tan carpet and black everything else I'll swap it out.
    Last edited by punkboySL2; 02-03-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lmao I knew you could not resist..........
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all little mods, not like it's getting a stand alone lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black carpet is a must, trust me I rocked half a tan dash and tan carpet with black everything else and hated it haha.
    99' SL2- stick swapped, static, slammed, DD, forever in progress.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is what I'm working with currently. I have the rear carrerra coilovers from bill, minus some working dampers. So as I've heard and have now confirmed, the build quality on these units is so-so and the lock collars are questionable, but I have a plan for most of it. I was pretty set on using Koni inserts, but now that I have a damper in hand I plan to measure it out and see if I can find a less expensive alternative so I can put money towards other stuff. The strut bodies although in decent shape, chrome is good, etc, will need some modification. The slots for the strut bolts aren't in the best shape so I plan on welding those partially shut then grinding them into a proper shape. The springs are a bit rusty and I'm not sure on spring rates, so I will most likely be replacing those and going with something around 275~300 lbs and running the same up front. One other thing I will have to fix are the caps that screw onto the top of the strut bodies. One of them is cracked and missing a small chunk so that will have to be welded up, simple enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by punkboySL2; 02-14-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been looking into third gen and mustang fox body struts. Much stiffer than Saturn struts and the same 12.5" strut body. I'm not positive on the lower mounts. But that is easily rectified by getting the hub milled and reinforcing the bottom of the struts with steel plate and drilling new holes.

Off the shelf Monroe struts for the third gen or fox body will support 250-300lb springs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeping this info here for reference. This is the direct replacement koni insert for the carrera housings.

Part Number........Stroke.....Max L......Min L.......A..........D
    8610-1436 Race...5.63".......19.69"....14.06"....11.42"....1 .71" (43.5mm)

So turns out that this is a pretty odd size (of course, wouldn't want to make anything easy) so my other option for a lesser expensive insert is to step down to a 1.5" vw strut insert and get some washers to center to struts in the housings (1.71" OD, 1.5 ID). I could probably have my dad fab some for me and this would allow me to use something like a bilstein or kyb strut. I'll just need something that would handle the higher spring rates that I'm hoping to run.

Edit: got a good idea from reading through a bunch of different threads just now. I might be able to pick up some 1.75" exhaust tubing, trim out a small amount length wise and fit it between the strut and housing.

The VW insert I'm looking is a 1.5" OD cartridge, but I'm worried that the standard KYB insert (PN 361005) would only be good for a pretty soft spring, so I might be back to square 1 since Bilstein inserts with better damping cost just as much or more than the Koni's.

Edit2: found bilstein B8 inserts (stiffer sport inserts specifically for lowered cars) for $107 a piece online which should work better than the KYBs and be cheaper than the Koni's although non-adjustable.
    Last edited by punkboySL2; 02-20-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkboySL2 View Post
    Keeping this info here for reference. This is the direct replacement koni insert for the carrera housings.

Part Number........Stroke.....Max L......Min L.......A..........D
    8610-1436 Race...5.63".......19.69"....14.06"....11.42"....1 .71" (43.5mm)

So turns out that this is a pretty odd size (of course, wouldn't want to make anything easy) so my other option for a lesser expensive insert is to step down to a 1.5" vw strut insert and get some washers to center to struts in the housings (1.71" OD, 1.5 ID). I could probably have my dad fab some for me and this would allow me to use something like a bilstein or kyb strut. I'll just need something that would handle the higher spring rates that I'm hoping to run.

Edit: got a good idea from reading through a bunch of different threads just now. I might be able to pick up some 1.75" exhaust tubing, trim out a small amount length wise and fit it between the strut and housing.

The VW insert I'm looking is a 1.5" OD cartridge, but I'm worried that the standard KYB insert (PN 361005) would only be good for a pretty soft spring, so I might be back to square 1 since Bilstein inserts with better damping cost just as much or more than the Koni's.

Edit2: found bilstein B8 inserts (stiffer sport inserts specifically for lowered cars) for $107 a piece online which should work better than the KYBs and be cheaper than the Koni's although non-adjustable.
    The billy hds are what most people use. The general consensus on the b8s are they are slightly stiffer than stock. I think most people are running 200-350lb springs on the b8s. The ability to adjust the shock is great if you need it, ie. Autocross or tracking. Buy in a hard park it is not as important.

I'm going to get my hands on some racelands soon, bear with me and I will document my process. I have talked to multiple people with the ultimo's and everyone says they ride great. The only issue I see is the springs on the gd impreza ultimos are way stiff for our lighter car. 500 front and 300+ rear. As long as they are dampened correctly they should be ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also while I'm thinking about it. Most people use grease and o-rings to center the insert inside the strut housing.

I've been doing a lot of research on this topic myself, and I need measuments to confirm it but I believe 4 front struts from a third gen camaro or fox body mustang can be used in conjunction with eBay special coilover threaded tubes and springs. The exception being we would have to make a spacer for the rear strut tophat because they would be a few inches short.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O-rings may be the easier option, I might hit up the hardware store and see what they have floating around for a solution. I don't need or want to run really stiff springs, 300 would be perfect IMO. I'm trying to run the same rate all around since I won't be upgrading the rear sway bar and that would help the back end of the car come around a little better vs. stiffer up front.

The racelands do interest me a quite a bit, but I really only need springs for the front and dampers for the rear. I have everything else for the coils so I don't really need an entire new suspension setup. Camber plates for the front would be pretty nice, but this is just a daily so I'm not so concerned with that, just more with ride quality and being low.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff going on in here! Building a set of coilovers would be an interesting project. Maybe someday I'll do something to replace the Agility setup on the SW2.
    '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
    '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
    '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
    Wanted Thread (None)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast