• 32 or older.

28 38.36%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am older than dirt. 52 years old and have had three Saturns. Still have two of them. 1993 SW2 manual and a 2001 LW300. I bought the L and my first Saturn, a 1999 SW2 new. All of my Saturns have been wagons. I love wagons and hate that nobody makes them anymore.... except VW. My SW2 is an art car, which in my case means that the car has a bunch of stuff painted all over it by a bunch of different artists. There's a story and a reason behind that, but I figure most on this forum will jump on this notion with a load of hate and disapproval, but as I've heard others say: haters can bite me. It's an urban bohemian thing that most car guys don't get. My love of the car underneath the art is something most urban bohemians and art car people don't get. Whatever. Women love it though. I bought the car when it was 7 years old and Saturn was still in business and still making S-series cars for the express purpose of replacing a former art car. I wouldn't do that to a clean 1993 SW2 if I had one today though. Other than that the car is pretty much bone stock except for a Thermal R&D cat back exhaust. I replaced the subframe in 2011, replaced the tranny in 2012/13 due to a diff pin failure, and weld-repaired the right rear door sill from the rot that sometimes occurs there last summer and plan to do the left one this year when the weather improves. Other than that, just small stuff and maintenance. When it was newer and there was a Saturn corporation, I had all my maintenance and repairs done at the local Saturn dealership. Since becoming an impoverished father of two small children and due to the car's age and the lack of Saturn dealerships, I've rekindled my inner gearhead, and I pretty much do all the work on the car myself except for those things I don't have the space or equipment for. Most repairs and maintenance are done urban commando style on the street in front of my house.
    Saturns: 1993 SW2, 2001 (LO)LW300, Gone but not forgotten: 1999 SW2
    Project Cars: 1966 Chevy Corvair Monza convertible, 1928 Ford Model A
    The Willow Hill Garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cityhawk View Post
    I am older than dirt. 52 years old and have had three Saturns. Still have two of them. 1993 SW2 manual and a 2001 LW300. I bought the L and my first Saturn, a 1999 SW2 new. All of my Saturns have been wagons. I love wagons and hate that nobody makes them anymore.... except VW. My SW2 is an art car, which in my case means that the car has a bunch of stuff painted all over it by a bunch of different artists. There's a story and a reason behind that, but I figure most on this forum will jump on this notion with a load of hate and disapproval, but as I've heard others say: haters can bite me. It's an urban bohemian thing that most car guys don't get. My love of the car underneath the art is something most urban bohemians and art car people don't get. Whatever. Women love it though. I bought the car when it was 7 years old and Saturn was still in business and still making S-series cars for the express purpose of replacing a former art car. I wouldn't do that to a clean 1993 SW2 if I had one today though. Other than that the car is pretty much bone stock except for a Thermal R&D cat back exhaust. I replaced the subframe in 2011, replaced the tranny in 2012/13 due to a diff pin failure, and weld-repaired the right rear door sill from the rot that sometimes occurs there last summer and plan to do the left one this year when the weather improves. Other than that, just small stuff and maintenance. When it was newer and there was a Saturn corporation, I had all my maintenance and repairs done at the local Saturn dealership. Since becoming an impoverished father of two small children and due to the car's age and the lack of Saturn dealerships, I've rekindled my inner gearhead, and I pretty much do all the work on the car myself except for those things I don't have the space or equipment for. Most repairs and maintenance are done urban commando style on the street in front of my house.

You could see that I have an art car
    2001 red Sc2m R.I.P.
    1998 gold Sc2m (Goldylocks) Ms2 turbo construction
    1995 white Sc1.5m N/A (Becky) R.I.P.
    1999 navy blue Outback 2.5m (un named) DD

Ubiquitous Administrator Donnie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great turnout on this. Keep 'em coming, guys.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
    1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
    1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
    Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
    Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew I liked you.

Here's my beast before someone ran a stop sign and smacked the right front fender last October. I replaced the broken spindle, the bent strut and it's mate on the left side.... but I have yet to repair the front fender.

ROZZIE-newart-Oct2013.jpg

Oh and as you can see, I haven't yet replaced the rocker panel after doing the door sill repair
    Last edited by cityhawk; 03-01-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    Saturns: 1993 SW2, 2001 (LO)LW300, Gone but not forgotten: 1999 SW2
    Project Cars: 1966 Chevy Corvair Monza convertible, 1928 Ford Model A
    The Willow Hill Garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I can't seem to vote on the poll. Well anyways, I'm 18 and in college for Electrical Engineering right now. My Saturn is a 210k '99 SL2 with manual everything and no 'luxuries'. I got it really cheap from my Saturn mechanic who has been at the same dealer working on Saturns since they came out. It was a one owner and it was well taken care of so I'm hoping it'll get me through 3 more years of college.

My full intro thread is here: http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.ph...w-Introduction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26, will be 27 in sept. have a 01 sc2 currently, had a 97 sl2 that i loved and miss, but the sc is doing me good and gonna be hopefully my turbo sleeper, once i get rid of the ricer mods that the guy i bought it from had on it. i work at dominos pizza as an asst manager (hate it) and just need something for the days off to relax and have some fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party, but.........

23, have owned 3 Saturns. Originally bought a '96 SC2, didn't like it much.

Decided to sell that to my brother and got my '95 SL, then later a '95 SW2. I love this cheap cheap cheap chheeeaaaapppp car. Easy to troubleshoot, easy to find parts for, easy to fix. That and the community is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20, got my 00 wagon from my older brother two years ago. planning on boosting the thing. Really looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm 32 been involved with quite a few local saturn clubs as well as other car clubs, had my sc1 for about 12 or 13 years built it up non stop until maybe a year before i met my fiance and my son was on his way, sold that and was given my parents 07 saturn aura as a gift, now i'm starting to work on that, i loved the car show scene but am chosing not to follow that route this time i do not have the time for car shows and events but i am still in love with modding cars this aura build will be a slow process but have a few things already on the way for it, love cruising around in the summer and i find the aura a fun car to drive.

Lancaster (village), New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 27, joined here 7 years ago, when a Saturn obsessed friend of mine convinced me to pick up my 01 sc2. Since then, I've died, its died, and both of us have come back from the dead. Stupid thing is still in the driveway, soon to be my wife's replacement for her 200k rusted dying 01 coupe (a $500 cl find).

Now I hang around here to harass my good friends and solicit my knowledge of third gen crap.
    -Schaffer
    01 Sc2 "Zen"
    14 Wrangler "ManillaZilla"
    01 Sc2 "Diva" (wifes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15. First car. Cheap snag. But I truly am in love with this guy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still new to the site so ill throw in..

Paid 500$ for a shell. No engine or transmission. Paid 100$ two weekend all you can carry trips later and had a engine and.transmission. and.. they both work like brand new. I've been looking.into it and someone rebuilt them both before the donor car was sent to the junkyard.

Total of 600$ later and i love my saturn. I'm in the process of a dohc swap. Turbo and coilovers.

Any of you guys want to chip in on this..
    What's better the automatic with the performance button or the 5 speed. I have a fresh built.5 speed at the moment but I'm not sure which way to go when i plan to boost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at perf. button. Just ditch the auto, especially if you plan to go turbo.
    1995 SC2 turbo/project car. Shaved/tucked bay and boost. The anti-drug. Broken 4 LIFE
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8tqm Heavy, comfy, and stock. For now....

"How long does a clutch last" How long does a pussy last? All depends on how you abuse it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    image.jpgimage.jpg my 97 sl2, got her about 3 years ago after blowing up my 90 celica. Picked her up for $700 off of craigslist, she wasn't in the best shape and still isn't, but I'm doing what I can with limited time and funds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ not very recent. Have restored lights almost finished my 2-tone and repainted the wheels gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    image.jpgI'm 17. Bought my 94 sc2 when I was 14 with a blown motor. Swapped the engine and trans from another car. It's been threw a lot and is currently turbo'd. SVO garrett t3. FMIC, welded diff, act street clutch, 32 lb injectors, 2 bar map, etc. lowered on h&r's and on 17" konigs. Full stereo. The list goes on. The car is fully loaded with every option. At 158k now.
    Have also had a 92 sl2 and a 94 sc1. Sold both.
    My dad used to work at the deal ship when Saturns were new. We have been a saturn family ever since. My whole family drives Saturns. image.jpg
    '94 Saturn Sc2 5speed Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That manifold tho. Let's see some pics of that.. thing
    1995 SC2 turbo/project car. Shaved/tucked bay and boost. The anti-drug. Broken 4 LIFE
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8tqm Heavy, comfy, and stock. For now....

"How long does a clutch last" How long does a pussy last? All depends on how you abuse it.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we need more shots of the square tube manifold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also how did you tune it?
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    photo_3.jpg
    Here you go. This is what I have on my phone now. Im on the couch with a cold today.
    '94 Saturn Sc2 5speed Turbo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast