User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project WHAAAAAAAT!!! Thats a 1.9 Saturn

Well I figure this is the best place as any for my Buggy/ 1.9 build. As some of you have seen from when I joined and posted in the NOOOOOOB section( don't get me wrong I am still a noob). I have a Beeline Pack Rat buggy that's been built for Hill Climb comps and off road racing at some of the local fairs and I am sure I will take it to a couple of the dirt drags. Anyway the heart of this little beast is a 98 1.9 DOHC Monster(well little monster Ok Ok a cute little monster). So just to give a little about the buggy, the front end is a modded King Pin Vw trailing arm set up. Its a standerd beam with +4+1 arms(4" longer 1" wider) Once I get the Fox shocks back I should have about 12" travel up front, Making are way back the rear I am running a 3X3 rear trailing arms (3"wider 3" longer) Next year I will be upgrading to a 5x5's with 930 Porsche CVD's should get me into the 16" to 18" travel range, The tranny is a 6rib Bus tranny with a German super Diff( 2 extra spider gears) and a lower 1&2 weddle gears, Then there is the reason I joined this sight that wonder full High revving 1.9. Well to me it revs high as shit, My other two buggies had 2.3 fords Not high revving beast but make some great torque. Anyway you might be saying to yourself right now man that's cool why in the hell does he need more power. The answer is simple Cause I need it want it got to have it.(with your alls help that is). The eco is the hot little set up in the buggy world right now and I must be different so I need to run the shit out of her and keep up with them. My goal is I want to make 175-190 Hp at the crank running 5-7lbs boost. Simple yes to you all anyway, I will be straight forward with you guys I know shit when it comes to Turbo's or the stand alone stuff I do not know all the diff abbreviations. Really I am just a big old dummy with this shit. But what I do posses is above average mechanical skills, the tools and I am willing to try new stuff and learn. So with that being said enjoy some pics as I do more work to thebuggy I will post stuff, I will not be doing to much for I do not want the buggy down to long so I don't miss nothing this year. I do or should I say must have the turbo set up on and ready before the first weekend in sept.

Last edited by fatboy; 02-27-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet ride for sure.
    2007 chevy classic 2500hd 4x4 duramax
    1996 383 lt1 auto trans am
    1995 sl1. single cam of fury
    1995 jeep wrangler lifted 4x4 4.0
    1995 ford explorer 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So at this point I need to start collecting parts for this build, I need to know which MS 2 to get, I would also like to have wide band O2, I need injectors, turbo set up, I am going with a DSM manifold and do the mod, Anything else that I need let me know, Soon as I can get into the FS I will be looking for parts or if you can suggest a good place for good used parts. Thanks chad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DSM manifold I'd pull right off ebay
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2Sick View Post
    DSM manifold I'd pull right off ebay
    Yeah I was going to get on there to day and look around

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Fellas. So I sent a email to the guys over at Mega Squirt asking a system they recommend, They sent me back like 10 or 12 Questions I got most of them but these 3 I am not sure what the answers are.

7. What sort of sensor(s) does it use to trigger the ignition? Variable
    reluctor (magnetic pickup)? Optical? Hall effect? Old fashioned
    mechanical breaker points? Are the sensors triggered by trigger wheels
    on the crankshaft / flywheel, distributor / cam, or both?

8. How many teeth / windows / slots and are on the crank or distributor
    trigger wheel? How are they arranged? (Equally spaced, missing teeth
    gaps, etc)

9. Does this engine have a fast idle valve (IAC)? If so, how many wires
    are connected to it? Do you know if it is an on/off, pulse width
    modulated, thermal, or stepper type?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stock crank sensor is a VR
    1995 SC2 turbo/project car. Shaved/tucked bay and boost. The anti-drug. Broken 4 LIFE
    1999.5 Audi A4 1.8tqm Heavy, comfy, and stock. For now....

"How long does a clutch last" How long does a pussy last? All depends on how you abuse it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PVSaturn View Post
    The stock crank sensor is a VR
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest answer, MS2.
    1997 Saturn SL2M: Rebuilt .020 over, P&P head w/ '98 springs and '92 valves, SDA street cams, AEM CAI, 92 tri-y, Mehsin exhaust, AMR Radiator, VMS short throw w/ steel bushings, Sprint 2.0 drop on KYB/Monroe combo, Progress rear sway, AMR FSTB v2, Konig Helium 15x6.5 wrapped in Ziex912's, Hein 1/2" rear hub spacers, battery relocated to trunk, 6000k lows, custom a/c inop, 60hp SES light.
    2009 Aura XR6: Family beater. Sold
    1997 GMC Jimmy SLT: Debut Conversion. Sold
    1999 SL2A: No A/C; AEM WBO2; AEM Short Ram WAI; OBX header; 2.25" Magnaflow Carsound hi-flo cat; HKS cat-back; MSv3.0 MSnS-e code; Carrera Coilovers; Prothaned dogbones; Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings; 17.5mm 4-way rear swaybar; E-bay special FSTB; Rear disc conversion; Hawk HPS pads; SS brake hoses; Manual swap. Sold

Quote Originally Posted by chrispel View Post
    I think you need to add more to your signature

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VR sensor as answered ( 7 ), so there is no trigger wheel ( 8 ). All of the 1st and 2nd gen cars I have worked on use a 4 wire IAC. I want to say it's a stepper type, but I'm not sure. ( 9 )

Easiest answer is an MSII. I personally always ran the MSII v3.57 which is the newest version of the MSII. The MSI is a bit basic and the MSIII is more than what you need.

You should be able to have it boosted for $1500 if you can get creative and buy used. Obviously you have some sort of fabrication skills so put those to use. A small T3 at 7 psi would put you over the 200whp mark. I'd say something like that at 5 psi should get you right where you're looking to be. You don't need any spark control to run that low of boost on these cars, they can handle that just fine. Once you go past 7 it's more advisable, but not still not necessary until you really get over 10 or something like 250 whp.
    Last edited by punkboySL2; 02-27-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the beauty of your setup though... you can run the OBD1 ignition coils and a 95 ECU if you want.. because you don't have to worry about the rest of the car...

OBD1 is super easy to control spark on for these cars versus a later year ECU like your valve cover would indicate the engine is.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I wish I could tell you all I understand all this computer crap, But I don't. I am trying to learn it LOL. Could you guys maybe point me to a article on here or any were that would be a good read to help me understand better.

Anyway I want to be able to have all the tunning options I can get. I want to take it to a dyno shop and get the most I can from it and keep the Hp under 200 the reason I need to stay under 200 is that's about all my tranny will handle and still be able to beat on it. After that its about 7500 for a tranny that will handle up too 400 hp. So the following will work for what I am wanting to do?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ecu-p-171.html
    http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/1...ady-p-477.html
    http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/i...882-p-584.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also will the DSM manifold work with the MOD?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-E...f1c9f6&vxp=mtr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That manifold is for a t25 or whatever flange the stock 4g63 turbo is. Anything tubular and cheap from eBay = crack
    1995 SC2 turbo/project car. Shaved/tucked bay and boost. The anti-drug. Broken 4 LIFE

"How long does a clutch last" How long does a pussy last? All depends on how you abuse it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That manifold is for a t25 or whatever flange the stock 4g63 turbo is. Anything tubular and cheap from eBay = crack
    So go with the cast manifold then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys suggest for a turbo set up Used if I can? figure since I am looking around on ebay might see if I can find something

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are probably the same cast just rebranded

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy on saturn classifieds page on fb is selling a turbo kit for 1k. Buyer beware he has scammed people in the past. His name is James.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy on saturn classifieds page on fb is selling a turbo kit for 1k. Buyer beware he has scammed people in the past. His name is James.
    Nate is also selling his turbo stuff.
    1997 Saturn SL2M: Rebuilt .020 over, P&P head w/ '98 springs and '92 valves, SDA street cams, AEM CAI, 92 tri-y, Mehsin exhaust, AMR Radiator, VMS short throw w/ steel bushings, Sprint 2.0 drop on KYB/Monroe combo, Progress rear sway, AMR FSTB v2, Konig Helium 15x6.5 wrapped in Ziex912's, Hein 1/2" rear hub spacers, battery relocated to trunk, 6000k lows, custom a/c inop, 60hp SES light.
    2009 Aura XR6: Family beater. Sold
    1997 GMC Jimmy SLT: Debut Conversion. Sold
    1999 SL2A: No A/C; AEM WBO2; AEM Short Ram WAI; OBX header; 2.25" Magnaflow Carsound hi-flo cat; HKS cat-back; MSv3.0 MSnS-e code; Carrera Coilovers; Prothaned dogbones; Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings; 17.5mm 4-way rear swaybar; E-bay special FSTB; Rear disc conversion; Hawk HPS pads; SS brake hoses; Manual swap. Sold

Quote Originally Posted by chrispel View Post
    I think you need to add more to your signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast