Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face RubenSw2's DD How i got it. And how I'll build it.

Well Here goes nothing.

How I came across my wagon

Well back in January of last year I was shopping around craigslist for a replacement for my destroyed Daily an automatic 02 lancer. I didn't have much money to spend and we just had an addition to the family my daughter. We needed more space to lug around our 3 kids and groceries and what not.

I came across a custom pearl purple 2001 SW2 Stick of course with only 72k miles. So I call the guy and it was still for sale. He gave me a time and day to call to see the car and when I call to my surprise he never contacted me back again. A month later of me looking around on craigslist the same ad pops up again this time he only wanted 800 as opposed to the 1500 he originally wanted. Bam same thing happens so I gave up. But I couldn't stop thinking about this little wagon it was different it was cool (at least to me).

About a week later while I'm at work my wife calls me and tells me hey there's another Saturn wagon for sale. It has 199k miles it's extremely clean inside and out except for a minor scratch on the rear bumper and the best thing was it was CHEAP. The catch was the guy needs it to be gone by lunch time. Knowing I'm at work and I couldn't leave to go buy a car I tell her forget it that I'll find another one.

When I get home she says we gotta get in the Toyota my parents lent me and go somewhere. To my surprise we go for a 45 min drive to a CarMax where we meet with a mechanic who brings out this Silver SW2 and tells us to take it around the block a few times. So We did and then my wife tells me she bought it already she paid for it and the title was in our name already(some shady shit went down at that notary because I wasn't even there lol). 400 bucks plus paper work and I got a mint SW2 I was happy.

2015-02-06 11.24.39.jpg2015-02-06 11.24.52.jpg

The cons of buying a car I knew nothing about

So during the drive home something happened we heard a rattle and some shaking and ignored it threw the hazards on and got home slowly. When the car got home I had my father look at it since there was a bit of smoke coming from the engine bay. He took it around the block a few times beat on it and hadn't had anything else happen. So he said good job buying the car we'll check it out more indepth when you buy the new clutch kit. After joining sixthsphere and asking around on what to do I settle on buying the kit.

I buy the clutch kit due to the car rattling when shifting every now and again. After driving the car around for a few days we finally get around to installing the clutch kit as soon as we lift the car up we see this.

2015032995114003_2.jpg

Those of you know what this is. Diff pin Fairy visited. Imagine that you just buy the car and you have no clue what's going on ; Only to find this.

Weeks pass and my dad ends up getting a transmission finally and it only costs 75 bucks after passing on another junkyard who wanted 300 bucks for a friggin transmission 300 bucks!!!

tumblr_npaufl8tEO1uxqimko1_540.jpg
    Dad with transmission (2).jpg

Then we had new problems. The wagon wouldn't shift I thought all was for naught. It made a terrible noise I posted about it no one had a clear answer for me.

After not running for over a week we decided to check out the clutch master cylinder for brake fluid only to find it was empty. We filled it up and everything leaked out. The lines were busted and we needed replacement lines and had no money to replace the whole set. So we went back to the junkyard pulled the lines and spent 3 dollars. Then we removed the clutch master cylinder and lines from Luna and replaced the lines and manually bled it in a bucket then reinstalled it, after dropping the trans and replacing the bearing and shift fork and Eureka It worked.

Finally It Runs!

So now we get to the good part The Build. As of right now it's going to just be maintained and mildly modded. Luna's getting Lowering springs, a motor rebuild, suspension upgrades that include bushings sway bars and any mod that makes the chassis rigid and reduces that wagon body roll I want this wagon the be the FUN Reliable Daily it deserves to be. Something anyone would love to drive and break necks doing it. It's also going to be loud but bearable and attention getting but not ricey (OBX Headers, OBX catback, Hi-flow catalytic converter and 2.5 inch stainless in between.

After winter I'm planning a turbo build that puts out about 250+.
    As of right now all I have done is the energy suspension bushings, short ram air intake, a high flow muffler. My plans include getting a saab 9-3 HOT Turbo, bigger injectors, hawk pads, used megasquirt, and there will be much much more to come. This will be updated as funds start pouring in for more and more stuff.
    Last edited by rubensw2; 12-16-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Awesomesauce.
    Buy it, Build it, Drive it, Break it, Fix it

2. Likes Modding_out liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey it looks like u figured out how to post up pictures lol, I'll follow you

4. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah finally figured out that posts look better with lots and lots of photos and videos. Stay tuned more photos to come. Oh and some visual mods will also make way into this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    impressive it drove that long with such a hole lol. and we live in a small town so the ownership transfer to someone else s name i understand lol

good luck on the build!
    http://our6thplanet.com/
    40 something saturns.. oh who fraking counts anymore

7. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered some rally armor mud flaps for that rally look last week. Guess what.. Ordered the wrong ones. They don't accept .I ordered SUV/Truck ones by accident and I forgot to click the add mounting hardware. So now I have unusable mudflaps that need to be cut to fit and then I need to get my own mounting junk. Blah FML I guess while I'm at it I'll cut em down to size scrape off the rally armor logo and get some sixthsphere vinyl logo and throw it on there then clear coat these things. Also beginning the design process for a rally light bar since I can't find stock fogs in any of the surrounding junkyards.
    MudFlaps.jpg
    Last edited by rubensw2; 09-26-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew88 View Post
    impressive it drove that long with such a hole lol. and we live in a small town so the ownership transfer to someone else s name i understand lol

good luck on the build!
    Thanks and yeah I could barely believe it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Friggin Turbo 2.jpg

Put my big friggin Garrett up for sale. So I can buy either a t3 or td04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did that even come off of? You should make a jet engine out of it

12. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Modding_out View Post
    What did that even come off of? You should make a jet engine out of it
    Off of a High powered Supra my dad owned a couple years ago. He took it apart and gave me that turbo. Just handed it to me and said do whatever with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015-10-11 18.01.26.jpg

Ebay special till I get my obxcatback

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started looking up short throws realized it was waay to fucking hard for me to fabricate something and gave up on that.. Soo now i'm going to throw a lengthened shift knob at it and call it a day. Rally Flow?

s-l400.jpg

Also thinking about just throwing some better springs and shocks on the wagon and forget all about lowering it getting some wider wheels and make it a little more rally and a little less stancenation.
    I think i'm over that fanboy flush look that all the teenagers love. Plus id rather not have to take wood with me everywhere to get on over a curb. Fuck dat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rubensw2; 11-13-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bad part about it is, if you price out OEM replacement struts and springs, racelands are cheaper.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

17. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought an NRG weighted "titanium" shift knob (instead of the one I originally wanted above) with a 25$ gift card I got from a "coparenting" class ive been attending EVERY Friday for 10 weeks..

71Lc-QXSy9L._SX425_.jpg

Bought a new set of rally armor mudflaps for my Swagon. Driving the wagon more a more puts a smile on my face. The wife doesn't get why I like this turd but shes not complaining about it so that's cool. Noticed the shifter on this thing is sorta janky... might take a trip to the Junk Yard to see if I can find one that's not so janky.. also I settled on buying some lowering springs from h&r since this is my project daily and not a race car. ill buy some of those and maybe new struts when we're not strapped for cash. Also gotta clean up the hood and bumper its really really bothering me. head lights too... don't know how to bring them back to the shiny new car look.

Still need to get my muffler thrown on their and delete that rear wiper I keep saying im going to do it but I can never find the grommet that goes there.. maybe ill get lucky and find one in the junkyard next time.

Also took her to get washed. d0cba298c6b4700acc20ae9454dc211eaa55804e_hq.jpgf46b7db0a7a0fa8df7a0106f7a71d84699a4f27e_hq.jpg7b639551ecc02107c9df12610f9734aaf717db20_hq.jpg
    Last edited by rubensw2; 08-22-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhaust clip . Its just that eBay muffler I cut up and it sounds good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She would look good slammed for sure.

I deleted the wiper on my SW2, if memory serves me, I pulled a grommet from a early to mid 90's Honda Accord, out of the trunk. It fit perfectly and I just used a little silicone when installing it. Been in that window for 8 years now without a hitch. Just wander around the yard and yank a bunch of them from various trunks and toss them in your pocket. You'll hit one that fits.
    1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

21. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did a rear wiper delete and filled the hole with a 12gauge shell.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

23. Likes Joel, rubensw2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    I did a rear wiper delete and filled the hole with a 12gauge shell.
    low brass or high brass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Fury View Post
    She would look good slammed for sure.

I deleted the wiper on my SW2, if memory serves me, I pulled a grommet from a early to mid 90's Honda Accord, out of the trunk. It fit perfectly and I just used a little silicone when installing it. Been in that window for 8 years now without a hitch. Just wander around the yard and yank a bunch of them from various trunks and toss them in your pocket. You'll hit one that fits.
    I will get a grommet this weekend right now it's just the whole arm and wiper removed with that stupid little metal thing hanging out the glass. I'm most likely going to throw it on some lowering springs since the guy who had some coilovers for sale here in Philly Is no longer active and I'm too cheap to spend good money that can go into a turbo kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had a SW2

27. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to figure out where to drill the front bumper to throw some zip ties together to hold it up since the drivers side is hanging since the hit n run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast