Close

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well new tires and shock are on. nothing big just some small 27x8.50 r14 general grabber at2 on black powder coated stock wheels. They look like the bfg all-terrains. The bed and the rockers are bedlined. With everything done it really makes the truck look better.

2. Likes 99michael, leighv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's sweet. You should fab a grill to work with that 80s tube bumper. It would really complete it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure about the bumper yet. I pulled the stock bumper off a few weeks back to mount the tube bumper. It was way too big. Width and height wise. It’s going to take a lot of hacking to make it look right. Might just try building my own out of some 3” tube. I’ve been working on a grill but haven’t made a lot of progress yet. Want to get a decent pair of the light bezels first and build it off of them. That way it will look somewhat professional instead backwoods hack job. I still need to take care of the rust on the bedsides. I have another bed that I’m going to cut some sections out to patch them up. That is going to be sometime this spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started messing with the motor swap last weekend. At least trying to mate up a spare 2wd tranny with an old llo block. Like I thought none of the bolts like up but a motor plate will fix that. There is enough room between the bolts holes. One issue I found is the input shaft on the tranny is short compared to the clutch. At least with the Saturn clutch the splines are about 1/8Ē short. The Isuzu clutch might be thicker. Going to see if there is a old one in the parts trucks I have. If it isnít any thicker around the splines then I will have to space out the flywheel. Which will cause issues with the starter. Or maybe make a extension for the input shaft.

I have pictures but for some reason Tapatalk isnít letting me select them on my phone even though I took them on it. I will upload them tonight off the tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes 99michael liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some work on the 3g intake swap for this thing.
    There is a small tad on the 2g head that I had to grind down. A little bit of clearance issue farther back on the head. Iím guessing that is the oil galley for the head. I took an old head and ground it down quite a bit and nothing squirted out so it might be fine.

The egr is not an issue. I am just going to block it off on the head and make a plate for the bottom of the intake manifold. The coolant line is a different story. Unfortunately this intake has a chip missing inside the coolant passage. I still have the coolant side from the two piece flange I built years ago. Or I can just look for another intake and just use this one for mock-up.

I need to figure out a way to mount the 1g fuel rail. Other then zip ties.

Exhaust side ended up being easy. I found a mild steel tubular dsm manifold in the junk yard. Internal wg also. I was actually thinking about using a na dsm header. The exhaust needs to run closer to the frame. The stock Saturn manifold is too much of a block hugger to be where I need it.

Starting to wonder if I should just change over to a complete 3g head. Then there is no issues with the intake manifold and the dsm manifold will bolt right on.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12