Close

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 3.57 board i don't think the input gets flipped around like with a 3.0 board so the ignition capture should be the opposite.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I set it to "going high" that's when stuff seemed to stop working and I was getting voltage drops across the board. Of course this was at 10 degrees offset.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have off tomorrow so I'm going to work at it again for a few hours, if I have no luck I may just try to use the full EDIS ignition that I've had kicking around for a long while.

edit: trying at it again. read through the ignition setup on MSextra again. I did miss one thing, that was to jumper Q16 to PAD1 for the ingition output. It had been jumpered to JS10. I did this and tried again, but still no luck. I've tried changing the trigger angle around 10 degree increments and now I just have nothing when i hook up the bypass.

edit 2: I updated my firmware and started a new tune on an existing project. I had to set the offset to 60 degrees to get it to correspond w/ timing on the map.

Now I've run into a few issues. I am getting ignition break up once i'm above about 20% throttle. It was worse when I was using a modified table, not as bad, but still not working properly when i set it to 10 degrees across the board.

Sam, what you are saying is that I should be setting my input capture to "falling edge" instead?
    Last edited by punkboySL2; 02-19-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @siris
    i have a question if i have the ms1 obd1 coil with 3.0 board
    why we dont connect it to pin 6 and 36 of ms1 compared
    to pin 3 and 5 spr1 and spr3 ???? sorry i speek french and
    read it multiple times and dont understand what im missing? thanks a lot for your help
    Last edited by fierogtx; 06-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read the links that you post on the first page but dont understand because of the pin 6 and 36 note A and B

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up going with a full Ford EDIS ignition that was a breeze to add to the MS and install since it was all put together. I never got the other stuff figured out unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran into that my self. What ignition setup did you use on your board.

ABC_Spark5_3.0 (1).jpg
    if you use this set up run 1000 ohm resistors Matt from DIY said people had luck running 1000 then 4.7k. I even ran my obd2 ignition.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234