Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New with LW300 in west Pa

Saying hello to the members here. I have an LW300 which, when it worked, was a pleasant vehicle. Nice size, plenty of room and comfortable on the road. I prefer manual transmissions, I can live with the LW300's automatic. Unfortunately, it has failed to start and I am afraid I'm starting a long road of diagnosis.

The crankshaft position sensor has already been replaced, and it was running fine after I had the timing belt replaced. Then it failed to start one day and it is currently in that state. Before it stopped running, there were codes associated with the coil packs but the vehicle was running. I have the replacement coil packs on hand, but have not yet replaced them.

The car does crank, but does not start. No codes are stored; I'd reset all codes last time I'd read them. I'll try swapping the fuel pump with horn relay next week. However after that, I will have to start reading the Haynes manual and attempt diagnosing the problem systematically.

P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L300...burn it and collect insurance.

Welcome to the boards.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

3. Likes rubensw2, importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guyf2000 View Post
    Saying hello to the members here. I have an LW300 which, when it worked, was a pleasant vehicle. Nice size, plenty of room and comfortable on the road. I prefer manual transmissions, I can live with the LW300's automatic. Unfortunately, it has failed to start and I am afraid I'm starting a long road of diagnosis.

The crankshaft position sensor has already been replaced, and it was running fine after I had the timing belt replaced. Then it failed to start one day and it is currently in that state. Before it stopped running, there were codes associated with the coil packs but the vehicle was running. I have the replacement coil packs on hand, but have not yet replaced them.

The car does crank, but does not start. No codes are stored; I'd reset all codes last time I'd read them. I'll try swapping the fuel pump with horn relay next week. However after that, I will have to start reading the Haynes manual and attempt diagnosing the problem systematically.

P.
    I hate to say it but most of this board stopped getting Saturn's after they discontinued the original s-series. There isn't a lot of l-series specific help on here aside from traditional mechanical knowledge, I.e try this, try that.

Sam is one of the most knowledgeable here on the l-series as he used to be a Saturn tech at a dealer. I'd trust his advice.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

5. Likes rubensw2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm not quite ready to give up on the machine quite yet. Lets see how it plays out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No start with a crank... I would suspect a crank sensor... but you said that is new.

Have you tested for fuel pressure? The fuel pumps on those used to go out and need a 3lb hammer to the tank to kick them over.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for looooong delay. L300 is still ornament. Now have 1998 SW2 manual which, so far, delivers good gas mileage. And it is functional.