Close

User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ this guy wouldn't like my carolina reaper sauce it he can handle only "mildly spicy."

It will be some years until I can make out again. I have a Slobber Monkey to look after now; she is just under 5 months old.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of the furry 4 legged type or your biological offspring type?
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Bretz View Post
    ^^^ this guy wouldn't like my carolina reaper sauce it he can handle only "mildly spicy."

It will be some years until I can make out again. I have a Slobber Monkey to look after now; she is just under 5 months old.
    A man's got to know his limitations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so slight change in plans. My wife will not be joining me on this adventure. She is an insurance adjuster and with the hurricane in Texas, they've called all hands on deck. Cancelled all vacations and she will be working the next 4 weeks straight. I'm gonna see if my buddy wants to join but either way I will still cover her cost of the cabin.

As far as food goes, I was thinking of smoking a couple of racks of ribs a few days before and bringing them down for a meal. Either that or a shoulder...will depend on what the better deal is at costco. Who else is coming besides my cabin? I'll hook everyone up with smoked meats if I have a head count. Otherwise, I'm thinking maybe subs for lunch Saturday and whatever for breakfast (I usually eat yogurt and granola plus copious amounts of coffee). I know I'm going to want to do an early morning run before everyone wakes up and the dragon turns into a parking lot. Looks like we will be inundated with Focus ST's that weekend...ought to be interesting.

5. Likes importsdontlikeme, onefast84 liked this post
    Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sixthsphere Runs The Dragon 2017

I'm down for early morning runs for sure. I like getting up early and going to bed early these days

Also my wife and I are BBQ fans for sure so that sounds great to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

7. Likes leadfootny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    Ditto!

If I can get my lights upgraded, I'm down for a night run, too.

9. Likes leadfootny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just over a week left to go! and I've got almost nothing done. lol.

So far, I installed the antenna splitter and 2nd (hidden) antenna, but have not hidden the original factory mast.

I'll get my needs fixed this weekend, and hopefully seal the QP leaks, maybe upgrade low beams, and swap in better fog lights. That's probably about all I'll get done.

How are the rest of you guys doing?
    Last edited by onefast84; 09-12-2017 at 01:24 PM.

11. Likes leadfootny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting there...motor and trans are in. Hope to do initial start-up tonight. Still need to run the exhaust, finish up wiring and bleed brakes. Ended up having to buy 4 tires instead of 2 since 2 were dry-rotted. They are being mounted as we speak and will pick them up on Saturday. Minor wiring needs to be finished but that will be about it. Interior will be missing parts and the rest is multi-colored. Will have heat but that will be it...hopefully won't be too hot. I may suck it up and pay someone to do the exhaust but still not sure yet. Anxiety about finishing is starting to fade but will still be there until she actually fires. Ribs are in the freezer and will be smoked this weekend so at least that's handled...lol.

Oh and speaking of ribs, is anyone else coming? I have three racks of ribs so there will be some to share. I may not bring it all if its just the four of us (including Brett's wife). Or I can and we can be fat-asses living on smoked meat for the weekend. That works too...
    Last edited by leadfootny; 09-12-2017 at 03:23 PM.

13. Likes onefast84, importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see you have your priorities in order, lol.

An all-meat-diet-weekend certainly won't kill me. I vote for this. (But I'll share, I promise.)

Current forecasted highs for Fontana Village are Thursday:81, Friday:78, Saturday:19, and Sunday:82. A/c should only be needed to defog windows faster at those temps. I may skip the A/C work on mine just so I can get something else done on the car instead. Not likely that I would use it much more this year anyway. As an added bonus, I've averaged 2 more MPG without running A/C.

I need to fix the cracks in my door panel, I just noticed the shelf by the handle is starting to get creaky, so I need to get ahead of that before it's an actual problem.

At this point, I may put off the disc conversion because I might not have sufficient time to break them in before testing their limits at TOTD. The brake fluid was changed already by the previous owner, too, and since I have a manual, brakes won't be needed as much versus the last two times I drove an auto. Yep, just talked myself out of it. I do have a left side drive axle that I could swap in instead though... I already swapped the right side when it broke recently.

My biggest concern is how to pack the trunk since there is no trunk interior due to the QP leaks (molding, board, and insulation were thrown out by original owner). I like to bring jack stands, a floor jack, tools, and water.

DON'T FORGET WATER. You probably don't want the local water. We've had water warnings in the cabins multiple years.

15. Likes leadfootny, importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plans for us have changed slightly. I had an off in the wagon about 2 weeks ago. So instead of fixing that before the trip we'll be coming down in a 02 SC2. Kinda bummed about that but the 02 will definitely be more comfortable and better on gas. Two years in a row now the wagon won't make it

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
    Plans for us have changed slightly. I had an off in the wagon about 2 weeks ago. So instead of fixing that before the trip we'll be coming down in a 02 SC2. Kinda bummed about that but the 02 will definitely be more comfortable and better on gas. Two years in a row now the wagon won't make it

BOOOO!!!!! Well, I'm really glad you'll still be able to make it, and still in a Saturn no less. I'm stoked to be bringing a Saturn for the first time (out of 5-6 trips?).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea wierdo
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

19. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did a complete rebuild on my sedan's engine and installed a new clutch. Finishing swapping the exhaust from the coupe tonight, then I just have to do some slight adjustments to the alignment and it's all ready to go. Planning on changing the oil before we roll out, then doing it again when we get out there. Been running good so far, hoping it's solid for the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

21. Likes importsdontlikeme, leadfootny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to get the new cars brakes to firm up..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, I won't be the only one needing an oil change on this trip. Car is moving under its own power. Exhaust is a little more than half done...still need the muffler and rear section finished. Besides that, I need to adjust shift cables....I think I swapped the two around...don't have 1,3,5 gears at the moment. Otherwise, shes ready. Think I'm gonna have a few late nights this week...lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Yea wierdo
    lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @leadfootny, Can you please PM me the cabin #?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did another autocross and it's been 3 months so oil change here.. also need to make my chicken salad

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

27. Likes ZombieSatty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at possibly coming down this weekend. Timing looks like it may work out actually for me to leave the Midwest Thursday late afternoon, get there early hours of AM Friday.. hang out Friday, leave Saturday early afternoon come back Sunday...

Then I checked the weather and it's like 50% chance of rain so I'm evaluating whether the drive would be worth it for me with that short a window ( taking time off work right now for 1 day isn't really going to fly.. 2 days might be an issue )
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

29. Likes onefast84, leadfootny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be awesome if you came!

31. Likes onefast84 liked this post
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast