Close

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing the YouTube link...the last 2 minutes was frustrating yet funny. We’ve all been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since spring is supposedly here, I've started collecting parts for various projects on the car. Most notably, I picked up a energy suspensions master bushing kit. A good portion of the bushings are just done so this should help. Also got a set of slim cooling fans. Not exactly sure how I'm going to use them...I'll need to fab up some sort of bracket/shroud. I came across a SMS sticker on ebay that I grabbed. Probably won't go on the car but I thought it was kinda cool.

3. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it up man! Needs moar snail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the past few weekends, I've been slowly overhauling the rear suspension. It initially started with the plan to take apart the rear (links, both lateral and drag) to install the new rubber from the energy kit. Well, as with every NY car there was some rust. So I ended up dropping the rear subframe. Took the sway bar, subframe and links and ground out the rusted areas. Followed by a degreasing, metal etch, primer with zerorust and top coated with gloss black lacquer.

While that was moving along, I decided to start on the underside of the body. Since the rear subframe was out and will need a alignment anyway, might as well clean that up as well. Rather than do the entire thing, I wanted to work on the problem spots. Anywhere the undercoating was bubbled, I hit with a torch and scraped away the material and usually found a rust spot. After that, I ground the areas with a wire brush and treated with a phosphoric acid solution. Let the metal soak in the acid for ~30 minutes and rinsed with water and allowed to dry overnight. The areas were painted with zerorust primer and will be recoated with a rubberized undercoating. These pictures are right before I started painting. I'll take pics of the finished product tomorrow.

6. Likes ZombieSatty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good!

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I completely forgot to snap pics of the completed underside...I will the next time I'm under there. However, I am happy to report that most of the harsh ride is gone. While she still doesn't glide over the bumps like the jeep, I'm no longer worried about losing teeth. I am also happy to say that she's officially legal! I bit the bullet and bought new calipers. Lo and behold, I have a parking brake finally. As such, I was able to get it inspected so I'm no longer travelling under cover of darkness to avoid 'the man'. Took it out this evening and got her cleaned up kinda nice. Going to hit Cars and Coffee in the morning. Hoping for a positive response as its almost exclusively 60's/modern muscle. We'll see. Anyways, heres a kinda crappy pic of her all cleaned up for the morning.

9. Likes axxer4200, importsdontlikeme liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked on the exhaust last week. Finally eliminated the majority of leaks (yeay!) and put proper clamps and brackets on. Thankfully, I also got rid of the rattles. The roads around here are shit and kept knocking loose the exhaust system...was driving me crazy. Hopefully, its all (mostly) fixed up. I plan on tweaking it this weekend and hitting more leaks. Still need to get the trans output seal replaced but otherwise she's pretty much ready for TOTD. So here are a couple of pics of the exhaust and painted rear subframe/suspension. I need to hit those bolts with some paint....and don't mind the welds...lol

I made a bit of a disturbing discovery, while cleaning it up a few weeks ago. I had some time and wanted to clean up the paint some. The body has a good number of scratches and I was hoping I could compound some of them out. So, I got to work and turned my paint into this...

A ton of mini cracks! All over the hood and roof. I'm guessing the slight flexing of the metal as I worked the compound caused them. I had a few in the hood but I've got a shit ton now. Gonna work on trying to paint it next spring...we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, and I bought a thing =) Probably should have bought motor bits but I've wanted this design bar for a really long time. This one came up on fb and I snagged it.

12. Likes axxer4200 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfootny View Post
    Worked on the exhaust last week. Finally eliminated the majority of leaks (yeay!) and put proper clamps and brackets on. Thankfully, I also got rid of the rattles. The roads around here are shit and kept knocking loose the exhaust system...was driving me crazy. Hopefully, its all (mostly) fixed up. I plan on tweaking it this weekend and hitting more leaks. Still need to get the trans output seal replaced but otherwise she's pretty much ready for TOTD. So here are a couple of pics of the exhaust and painted rear subframe/suspension. I need to hit those bolts with some paint....and don't mind the welds...lol

I made a bit of a disturbing discovery, while cleaning it up a few weeks ago. I had some time and wanted to clean up the paint some. The body has a good number of scratches and I was hoping I could compound some of them out. So, I got to work and turned my paint into this...

A ton of mini cracks! All over the hood and roof. I'm guessing the slight flexing of the metal as I worked the compound caused them. I had a few in the hood but I've got a shit ton now. Gonna work on trying to paint it next spring...we'll see.
    Mine had superficial cracks like that in my hood also. I tried to buff them out as soon as the wax hit it, it was all over they stood out like a sore thumb! I wanted to fix this so badly I started wet sanding with 2000 grit. Although it did help a little but no where near good. The end result ended poorly, I sanded through to the primer on a ridge, and the cracks were still there. So that being said it may need some clear coat touch up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, I killed the car on the dragon last weekend. I started getting positive map pressure readings, maxing out at 1.2 kg/cm3. I was pressurizing the block to the point it was spitting oil out of every orifice. I had to ziptie the oil dipstick, then it blew out the valve cover gasket and finally pushing oil out of the crankcase filter. I believe I had a ring failure but am not 100%. Ended up having to leave the car in north carolina with a cousin since I didn't think it would make it back to NY. Will go back for it near the end of the summer as I have to get my truck situated as well as some projects on the house completed. I am thinking that the root cause is poor timing with the stock pcm. I had melted a spark plug on my way into fontana. Once I get the car back, I'll tear down the motor to look for damage. I am also going to look into a stand alone engine management system. It was kinda in the works for next year and now I think it is a necessity. It was a bit of a depressing moment to leave the car behind but she'll be back for next year TOTD (hopefully)!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man that sucks. Time to build a killer!
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfootny View Post
    Welp, I killed the car on the dragon last weekend. I started getting positive map pressure readings, maxing out at 1.2 kg/cm3. I was pressurizing the block to the point it was spitting oil out of every orifice. I had to ziptie the oil dipstick, then it blew out the valve cover gasket and finally pushing oil out of the crankcase filter. I believe I had a ring failure but am not 100%. Ended up having to leave the car in north carolina with a cousin since I didn't think it would make it back to NY. Will go back for it near the end of the summer as I have to get my truck situated as well as some projects on the house completed. I am thinking that the root cause is poor timing with the stock pcm. I had melted a spark plug on my way into fontana. Once I get the car back, I'll tear down the motor to look for damage. I am also going to look into a stand alone engine management system. It was kinda in the works for next year and now I think it is a necessity. It was a bit of a depressing moment to leave the car behind but she'll be back for next year TOTD (hopefully)!
    Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can definitely hook you up with a standalone if you want to go the Electromotive route.

Looked to me that you may have had a piston come apart and that's what smacked the spark plug.

I could be wrong but usually the factory tune is pretty darn reliable unless one of the sensors was way off. Or the SAFC caused issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that was the weird thing. The piston didn't have any marks on it. Several folks looked down the plug holes and came to the same conclusion. I am wondering if I was getting detonation. You've got to remember that there isn't much stock about my motor even though its NA. It's been said the stock pcm doesn't like shaved heads, although no one can say exactly why. Mine is shaved 0.040". The safc could have caused an issue but my wideband numbers indicated I was safe...14.4 cruising, 12.5 at 1/2-3/4 throttle and 10.1 at WOT. I was planning on some stage 2 cams, which would require a stand alone anyway. I definitely will be reaching out to ya to discuss electromotive in the next few months. If I can swing it, maybe I'll say fuck it and go boosted...lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks about the casualty!

Even with SAFC and built motor, I don't think you should be seeing 12s at half throttle if running on stock pcm. Unless you are using the SAFC to force it very rich right there, and rich enough to overcome the PCMs normal condition operations. That will do wacky shiz too your ign timing and plugs. Our PCMs don't start going into rich/WOT mode until it sees 80% throt or above, no matter what AFIK.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

19. Likes leadfootny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had just installed the SAFC a few days earlier and didn't realize that it saved the settings of the previous owner. However, I think it was removing 15% fuel at low throttle and 25% at high throttle. It was the only two corrections inputted but I'd have to check with Tony as he deleted the old settings. He thought the settings were for someone who had a set of cams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's crazy rich. The stock timing really falls off above 75kpa. I don't see how denotation could have been the issue even with high compression.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. Once I get her home, I can see what failed...something definitely did. It driving me crazy trying to review everything that happened with the car with it not here. I'm itching to dig into it but I need to be patient at this point. I've got some other shit to attend to before I can shift my focus to the turd. Hope to retrieve it in September. I'll update as soon as she's home.

23. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A safc pulls fuel by decreasing the amount of manifold pressure the pcm sees. When the pcm thinks it's under a lower load, it jams in timing. If he was pulling alot of fuel it could have definitely been detonation. Pulling 20% fuel could potentially be adding 8-9* of timing.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if the wideband was showing 10.1 at WOT I don't see how it was pulling that much fuel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be a point in combustion that adding fuel can help avoid detonation but not prevent it (still too much timing). diminishing returns with fuel added beyond rich power. .. or that d be my guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast