User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam that is tall stick.

Really dosnt look like the springs dropped to car a whole lot. Not like I thought it would. Still looking good though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, the last house was about 16'5". So needs to be able to go taller than that.
    My mount is about a foot off the ground. The stick fully extended is 12' and then I have a 4' antenna on top of that. So should have about 17' fully extended out. So I should be good.

It's actually about perfect height wise. I live out here in the country and drive about 10 mile stretch of gravel if I go to central city. Was worried that if it was too low I'd be bottoming out every where. But as it sits it isn't much lower than my dads stratus, and have yet to bottom out. Still have to jack it up to get the hoist under it though.

Changed out the passenger side cv. And seemed to cure pretty much all the shudder at low speed. Still there a little bit, but not near as bad. I'd change the drivers too. But I don't think the one I have on hand is any good. I'll pull one off another if it starts to get any worse. But for now. It drives pretty good.
    A whole lot better driving in the wind than before. Don't feel like I'm gonna fly away goin around a semi anymore.lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright seeing it next to the stock one it is easy to see the difference.

4. Likes rubensw2, 99michael liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much of an update. Got my cb mounted to the dash, and got a new amber light from the in laws. Also rewired all that so now I don't have a bunch of extra wire hangin around the floor.

6. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    400 mile round trip to sd line today. Averaged 43mpg using the a/c about a 1/3rd of the time. Really want to get the windows tinted sometime soon. Sucks bakein in the sun. Lol

It drives so much better than it did. Lot less squirrely. But I do think the low speed cv shutter is getting worse again.
    Are there any decent options for new cv's? Probably get new motor/trans mounts aswell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without raising the motor/trans back up by spacing the mounts, there isn't a whole lot you can do.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

9. Likes 99michael liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was wondering if that'd help. Just didn't think I'm low enough to cause too much. Surprised theres not more people complaining about it. The only ones I find are the guys on coil overs.
    But it should be easy to make a couple spacers. Worth a try. How thick you think? Have some 1 1/2" square stock that would work pretty good. Just not sure if it's enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prob be fine. I've been on coils and drop springs forever, have no vibrations. I am not stupid low though. Our old coupe vibrated a tiny bit on Sprint drop springs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Prob be fine. I've been on coils and drop springs forever, have no vibrations. I am not stupid low though. Our old coupe vibrated a tiny bit on Sprint drop springs.

Was that no vibration with spacers? Or without?
    It's fine once im over 20-25. And only when I'm leanin into the throttle to get up to speed.

Well shit. Another wagon made it home with me. Picked it up out there in Omaha actually.lol. Needs some front control arms to sway bar bushings, cruise fixed, and other various things.
    But it is a dual cam 5 speed. Runs decent.

13. Likes ZombieSatty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Three wagons, it's official. Your addicted.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

15. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spacers, only had vibrations with silly low Sprint springs and when coils were DUMPED.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added some 1/2 spacer a while back. It actually made the vibrations worse. I didn't realize at the time that my exhaust was up against the support Hangers just behind the flex pipe. It was so bad t1750-2100 rpm my interior panels were falling off. Once I removed the spacers it is still there but is not insane like before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toka100 View Post
    I added some 1/2 spacer a while back. It actually made the vibrations worse. I didn't realize at the time that my exhaust was up against the support Hangers just behind the flex pipe. It was so bad t1750-2100 rpm my interior panels were falling off. Once I removed the spacers it is still there but is not insane like before.
    Well, it's not really like a vibrator vibration. Feels more like a bent wheel up front at about 20 mph when I'm leanin into the throttle in 2nd gear. Which is why I believe it's cv related.
    Really wouldn't have thought 1/2" woulda been enough for the exhaust to touch there. Looks like it has enough give. 1 1/2" may be too much looking at it tho. May stick with 1" or thinner if I do end up makeing some.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    No spacers, only had vibrations with silly low Sprint springs and when coils were DUMPED.

K, that's kinda what I thought. I don't think mines really sitting all that low. Which makes me think either cv's are wore, or the motor mounts are saggin.

Not really sittin level here. Driveway's pretty wavy. But a reference non the less.

19. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The flaggin' waggon

Double post.
    Last edited by 99michael; 04-21-2017 at 10:58 AM.

21. Likes rubensw2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked on the gold one today and got almost all the clunk out of it. Just need a flex pipe and fix the cruise and window regulator. But I officially own three running driving wagons. The 2 are 97's and the green one is a 96.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went out to north platte today. Dropped off there on highway 30 from 83. Went over to abc auto parts there an grabbed a radiator for one of my dads vans.
    Got 44mpg today. Lot nicer having an aftermarket head unit in it now.
    Gonna try an make some spacers this next week an see if that helps the cv's any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I know that car wash. Lol

25. Likes 99michael liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So about ever since the autox event I've been getting 02 sensor codes and about a ~5 mpg loss.

Went on a trip to the South Dakota line couple days back and only got 39.5 where I was usually getting 44-46 on the same trip.

So I bought new plugs, wires, ect, and 02 sensors.
    Since I already bought the intake gasket and valve cover gasket, figured I'd do them too while I was at it. Along with clean the throttle body out.

Ended up making a pair of spacers for the engine an trans since I was goin to hack off the flex pipe anyway. Only did them in 3/8" though so I wouldn't have to mess with the stud on the trans side. Haven't drivin it yet, still need fluids, so not sure if it'll do much or not. Time will tell I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke the brand new temp sensor. Smh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove the wagon around today, still have the cv deal, but does seem about 25-50% less than before. Ill probably end up makin some thicker spacers and see how it does.

What does one do about extending out the stud out the bottom on the trans side? Engine side looks like it'd be no problem.

Runs smoother now after the little tune up though, no check engine light. ... yet.(knock on wood).lol
    started fittin an overhead console from a 97 s10 blazer sittin in the yard. Still got some cutting to do. Gonna try an hook up the compass and temp display aswell. Once I get that all figured out I'll probably do something bout the sagging liner.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast