Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthursc2 View Post
    I am not willing to sacrifice my PS for some HP.

Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually after talking to @importsdontlikeme I share the same sentiment. Although I was considering getting rid of mine as one of the most fun to drive cars I've owned didn't have it. But for ease of fitment and repeatability I think I'll build them all to clear the ps pump. I was out of touch yesterday because of shifter cable issues, which begs the question if hein is ever going to make any more. If not I think Ive found a solution for our stock cables and I'm working on a couple designs right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillimon View Post
    Actually after talking to @importsdontlikeme I share the same sentiment. Although I was considering getting rid of mine as one of the most fun to drive cars I've owned didn't have it. But for ease of fitment and repeatability I think I'll build them all to clear the ps pump. I was out of touch yesterday because of shifter cable issues, which begs the question if hein is ever going to make any more. If not I think Ive found a solution for our stock cables and I'm working on a couple designs right now.
    I replaced the cable on my wagon with a rod linkage, bellcrank setup.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt read most of this, I will have to later.

I am happy to help on anything you need, except I am not willing to sacrifice my PS for some HP.

Also, 99-02 LS throttle bodies on truck platforms are 76mm (I will verify with one of mine) and have identical sensors to us, thank you GM. Also, lets not forget the Geo TB. That is a solid, proven gain on NA cars.

I have both these TBs in "stock" and can give the numbers to anyone wanting to calc the CFM of them.
    See I was hoping that the ls throttle bodies would work just because of all the aftermarket implications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    I replaced the cable on my wagon with a rod linkage, bellcrank setup.
    There a build thread on that? And how does that effect the feel of the shifter? also how do the rods do with the engine torqueing under acceleration?
    Last edited by dwillimon; 03-24-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can take a few pics this afternoon. It was pretty simple, and I used a bunch of random shit to do it. It would be pretty easy and relatively cheap to reproduce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sent you a YouTube link.

I took an old shelf, boxed it.
    It mounts to the lower half shaft bolt on the back of the block, and then to the adjacent thransmission bolt.

I used an old shifter as the bellcrank.

Then used 4 rod ends screwed onto 4 bolts that I welded to two 5/16" rods.

The rods were heated and bent to create offsets to line the shift up with the bellcrank, and then to connect the bellcrank to the transmission bellcrank.

I have everything out of the car right now because the motor is still on a stand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as engine movement, it would cause movement with stock dogbones, but I was running solid dogbones in my turd.

How much of an issue that movement would cause would be the question.

9. Likes dwillimon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I only replaced the for/aft cable. I left the left to right cable stock. I replaced mine because my cable broke, and my trans decided it didn't want to flat foot shift anymore, so I was like "Yeah, watch this fucker, you'll shift now".

11. Likes dwillimon, Modding_out liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know off topic for the thread but I might start another thread for our cables. Upon first glance and it was a quick one, I think with my tig and low amps I should be able to weld the outer cables strands to the hex they are clamped into after removing some of the coating. But I think putting a rather stiff spring over the cable and sliding it up and over the hex it should stiffen the area while remaining flexible. Then weld the fore of the spring to the the hex and the aft to the cable to double the strength. Then putting some sort of corrosion protection covering it. I'll do a test run on my busted cable Sunday and see how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dwillimon; 03-24-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.php/89913-ZFG-Wagon

Half way down the first post are some pictures of the abomination.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillimon View Post
    which begs the question if hein is ever going to make any more
    I'd say ask him.

I hate to see people waste effort reinventing the same thing over and over and over again. This happens all the time with engine mounts here. This community has a very odd obsession with rock solid engine mounts.

15. Likes ZombieSatty, importsdontlikeme liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    I'd say ask him.

I hate to see people waste effort reinventing the same thing over and over and over again. This happens all the time with engine mounts here. This community has a very odd obsession with rock solid engine mounts.
    I thought he was out of the game. Id gladly buy a set of his over beefing new cables. And I would abhor solid mounts, even the poly tam mount is too bookoo for me. im building one with a softer rubber mount thatll be common so when it shits out itll be a few bucks and 10 min to fix. And it shouldn't rattle your teeth out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to lack of documentation and migrating interests, Travis is right: we reinvent the wheel here a lot. And yes, WTF is up with the motor mounts here? Saving radiators? bahaha. I've had the same motor mounts from stock to M62 blown. Prothane 3rd gen bones, stock TAM and trans. Never had a failure, yet.

If Hein needs a few ppl to get some cables together, I would be in for them.

My M62 car had an Oldsmobile Intrigue TB, that also had the same sensors as a Saturn. I am willing to bet most GM stuff is going to be the same. We have more options than not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to lack of documentation and migrating interests, Travis is right: we reinvent the wheel here a lot. And yes, WTF is up with the motor mounts here? Saving radiators? bahaha. I've had the same motor mounts from stock to M62 blown. Prothane 3rd gen bones, stock TAM and trans. Never had a failure, yet.

My M62 car had an Oldsmobile Intrigue TB, that also had the same sensors as a Saturn. I am willing to bet most GM stuff is going to be the same. We have more options than not.
    Ive gone through 2 tams on a stock motor, I think the reason you are getting the life out of the tam is the poly dogbones mitigating forces to the tam. I like the ground pounder design but I don't like the poly stiffness, so replace the poly with rubber and once it gets broke in itll take more rattle out but still lock up quick under torque. Im with you on the cables too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The only reasons I was suggesting the 3800, they will flow enough without being too huge, and you literally cannot walk in a junkyard and not trip over a 3800 car.

20. Likes dwillimon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    The only reasons I was suggesting the 3800, they will flow enough without being too huge, and you literally cannot walk in a junkyard and not trip over a 3800 car.
    this made me curious about the northstar tb as this is a go to mod for the 3800 crowd.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prothane 3rd gen bones, stock TAM and trans. Never had a failure, yet.
    This is what I've run on a ton of cars. DD, Autox, Rally, Lemons, etc. Now that Anchor sells the "HD" TAM mount, just replace it every 5yrs/60k for like $15 and be done with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But, but, but, solid mounts mean raceturd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock ram is great just costs $75 from the
    Stealership

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast