User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stock alloy centercaps

It seems that not all centercaps are the same under the aluminum skin.

The cap on the left has a very nice finish on the outer face, like a silver paint, and is of a tan colored ABS(?) material. The cap on the right has no finish, same raw grey color throughout. Cap on left is marked as a 93, cap on right as a 95.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tooling/process changes happen in the industry all the time, sometimes to resolve a production issues with the tooling, sometimes to cut costs. OEMs mandate suppliers to reduce costs sometimes 5% every year. That's hard to do consistently. so yeah, not surprised that there are variations year to year in the process. some manufacturers even multi-source so there are several suppliers for the same part, even on the same model year vehicle.
    current: 00 odyssey/99 civic SiR/01 civic si/98 civic sedan/98 civic coupe turbo/90 civic sedan/88 civic sedan/70 vw beeltle/83 grand prix
    past: 02 sl1m/93 sw2m/99 civic sedan/00 golf TDI/07 G6/03 pathfinder/02 dakota 4x4/97 sc2a/00 astro/90 civic sedan/86 prelude/93 sl2a/85 jetta coupe/85 samurai/88 e250/90 civic hatch/85 crown vic/85 audi 5000S/89 daytona/85 300ZX turbo/82 plymouth caravelle/86 olds calais/88 grand am turbo/84 accord hatch/80 civic 1500S/

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you need a life change when you find yourself reading an enthusiast forum about minute differences between the center caps for a really cheap economy car produced 20+ years ago.

4. Likes ZombieSatty, Modding_out, siris, arthursc2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought you guys might get a kick out of that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    You know you need a life change when you find yourself reading an enthusiast forum about minute differences between the center caps for a really cheap economy car produced 20+ years ago.
    On the contrary, I kinda feel like it's an adventure, we uncover and dig up lots of lost knowledge. Kinda like we are automotive paleontologist unshrouding the mystical truths of the elusive Saturn engineers of the past. Bringing knowledge lost to the depreciation of time, to light, restoring informational databases and resuscitating these magnificent little marvels of automotive splendor. Keeping them on an endless cycle of life support, and steady diet of 10w30 mixed with 87 octane.

You know what, your right......... WTF are we doing?
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LoL

Anyone know why it seems like every molded part on these things has CAV molded into it?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk