Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dashbord Restore

So I'm trying to restore the dash in my postal it's a little faded and the corners are starting to warp. (Will get some pics in the day light) I've tried cleaning and treating it with armor all and a few other things along those lines but to no avail. It ends up looking dirty and old within a few hrs. I've never had much luck painting plastic interior parts and I'm yet to see a painted interior that looked good for a long time. So what are you guys using to restore your dashbords it's a postal so it would be pretty difficult to find a replacement or even a spare if I mess it up. I have 2 parts cars I'm not afraid to try a few things on to see what works best before I do the postal. I'm also going to try and color change the door card and hatch trim to make it all black to match my 10th anniversary seats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck with Dupli-color vinyl and fabric coating. It's a spray can, but more of a dye than a paint. I did the dash pad on my 3G couple last October and it's holding up very well. Just make sure you prep the surface well and remove any residue (especially from the armor all).
    http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/gzfwoi07v4gs4esen48.jpg
    ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been considering going that route maybe I'll try a practice run on one of the other 2 dashbords I have is their any way to fix the warped areas theirs only a couple spots and it's pretty minor but it bugs me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it actually warped, or is the foam pealing up from the plastic base? If it's just separated you can glue and clamp it.
    http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/gzfwoi07v4gs4esen48.jpg
    ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment