Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bushing and misc sus pension help

Poly bushings making it annoying to get pices back in mixed with disassembly being done in the wrong order. Can't drink beer not old enough not sure what next course of action is? Give up and let other home residents complain that my car is taking up the whole garage??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this a question or rant?

Pics help alot.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both really I got one lca in but It took like 3 hours I'm having issues with getting the lower balljoint out I'm just assuming since they look like they are from 1998 they probably are. Other issue is getting the frame bolt hole to line up with the sway bar but I found a trick for it by putting the upper bolt in halfway and then pitting on the sway bar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have about an hour of time left to work before I leave for a hour or so if I'm still having issues then I'll Def get pics in if I need to

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The lower ball joint on the front is part of the LCA
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they were just 2 different problems on the same part. Got the front done today after having to stop early gonna do the whole back tomorrow hopefully

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said without pictures or a different explanation we are a little lost on what you are trying to finish but I'm going to comment on one point about the front suspension as I know it was what caught me up. The sway bar is somewhat spring loaded and add to that with it's basic geometry you have to fight getting the sway bar connection and the LCA bolt all together at once. Check out youtube but the use of a come-a-long or a number of ratchet straps between the sway bar on one side to the frame on the opposite side will work to pull the sway bar in and place it under tension. Please note be careful with this practice, if it's not done correctly whatever you are using to "load" the sway bar may release leaving you in harms way so take your time and be careful.