Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clutch/flywheel question

I really didn't know where else to put this so I"m asking int the noob section.

I will be replacing the clutch and flywheel in my 2001 SL1.

Cheapest i could find on RockAuto was a brand names "Brute Power". I was wondering if anyone had used these before and if they had any reviews to give on said products.

Otherwise my next cheapest option was on Amazon. Southeast Clutch and a Sachs flywheel.

(Don't give me the "you get what you pay for" speech, i don't expect the car to last me much longer. The slipping clutch is the only thing that is keeping this off the road right now is the clutch issue.)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I replaced just the disk on the wagon when I first got it, didn't turn the flywheel or scuff the pressure plate. Drove it for about 2 years before I turboed it. Drove it for over a year boosted. Finally gave up the ghost on 13lbs through the holset. Still held 10 lbs fine. Cheapest disk AutoZone had in stock. Beat the shit out of the car, never had an issue.

Your mileage may differ.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have added this to the previous post, but i blew a diff pin ad 85 MPH on the freeway and i assume if coated everything in the bell housing with oodles of trans fluid.

The pressure plate does not disengage enough to go into gear while the motor is running. I can slide it into gear with the motor off, start it and drive like that. However, i see much smoke coming from the trans area with the hood off.

I just want to replace all that jazz and start over new in that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.