Thread: New Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool New Old Guy

Hello, Everyone.

I'm new to the group/forum. I'm an Old Man, Father of 5 happily married for the 3rd. time and living in North Texas. My first Saturn was a 1G SL2 that was a beater, I bought that turd for $500.00 and planned on using it for my commuter car. I fell in love with that Tupper ware terror and enjoyed beating the cap out of it. That was almost 20 years ago. My next Saturn was a 2G SL2 that was almost flawless when I got it. I babied that car and have regretted getting rid of it every day since the day I traded it away. I later bought another 2G SL1 not realizing what a bad decision that was and followed that up with a 1G SC2 that was a blast to drive but needed more work than I was prepared to put into it. I recently got a call that my favorite Saturn (my 2nd. SL2) was going up for sale. I bought it back, sight unseen and flew to California to pick it up. It was in rough shape but I drove it back to Texas anyway and have been working g on it for the last couple of months. I love this little car and was stunned to see that there are several folks around the country that share my passion for these little turds.

I have pulled the sagging headliner and cleaned the interior up. (I will put in a nice headliner once I figure out what color combos I am going with.)
    Installed new plugs, wires, ignition coils, air filter, fresh oil change (all the basics)
    I went with plasti-dip on the front clip (thinking I could color change a couple of times until if figured out what color I wanted to actually paint the car..... BIG MISTAKE!
    I have recently completed the turn signal/side marker MOD and eliminated the DRL's.
    My next MOD will be the hidden radio antenna.
    I'm ordering lowering springs and struts this weekend which has me pretty excited.
    Once I have her stanced a bit, I will get my rims squared away followed by paint and finally wrap up the interior by color matching exterior/interior and some stereo upgrade.

So that's who I am and where I'm at with it all.

2. Likes Nekomimi, heartfire567 liked this post
    Northern Plastic slipstreamconversion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the long wait here, I'm just myself getting reacquainted with Sixthsphere after a bit of a hiatus

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you got a bit of a plan underway!
    - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

2004 Saturn - Vue V6 FWD - My Winter Daily
    1999 Lexus - RX300 V6 AWD - The Lady's Winter Daily
    1997 Toyota - Aristo I6 RWD - My Summer Daily
    1976 Chevrolet - Camaro V8 RWD - Project 2019
    2017 Hyundai - Tucson I4 AWD - New Family Car
    2005 Yamaha - BWS50 1CYL RWD - The Lady's Summer Daily