Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Battery issues (and turbo fan question)

so i just recently got my car back running again with the forged motor in it. but now im having issues with the battery continuously dieing. when i took it up to oreillys he checked the battery charge and test and said it was fine. and checked for drains and said he got nothing. battery is approx 1 year old but died and sat for awhile. issue started after auto to Manuel swap and new engine, i know if i plug in the manual PCM the cooling fan turns on and runs even with the car off even if the engine is stone cold figured that may be the issue? the battery normally wont drain over night but instead over the course of a few days. possible issues: Auto PCM normal codes but no running issues, auto wiring harness (i didn't tape anything off or do anything with any of the left over cables, couldn't be moisture in the neutral safety where i put the fuse in?) and the fan staying on. the car has a sub-woofer etc but that was all installed before these issues and i have looked at it since, nothing to abnormal but im up for suggestions im tired of jumping it off the Porsche. the turbo fan question was just wondering what cooling fans people were using etc as the turbo aint gonna fit with the stock one in there lol, i have a staycool or becool aluminum radiator so something for that maybe? i was told some ebay push fans strapped to the front but i wanna be sure on here first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got a two pack of fans, mounted one as a puller on the driverside of the radiator, mounted the other to push on the passenger side. They overlap by 4 inches.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well theres one answer, had the battery charged again today to try one more time just about went off on the oreillys guy when he told me i should probably just disconnect the battery if i am gonna let it sit more than 2 days or so instead of fixing it. maybe ill just get a battery switch and call it a day lol #racecar

also does anyone know if ill have any issues if i cut off all of my extra wires that i dont use? aka extra auto trans cables etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump, so ive still been having these issues, if the car sits to long or doesnt get driven far enough after a few starts the battery goes dead, alternator is reading at a good output although i may check it again. additional symptoms: when car starts sometimes i have to hold gas on it or it dies, this points me to the alternator which is probably 50k or more old not sure so i may just replace it just cause. i 100% also get the dinging when i leave the drivers door open and the key is out of the ignition (everything still turns off though so i dont think that it is the ignition switch sticking. onyl other thing is the dome light was ripped out and in my ignorance lef the wires un protected and sitting up there, again its a recent problem though and that was forever seems odd for it to randomly start up like this. im wondering if anyone knows what fuse that is? id hate to have to drop the liner to check it. interior functions fuses might help me narrow itr down?
    1998 SC2 - Blue - Turbo Project
    2001 Boxster - Grey - Daily and unfortunately for dealer "under warranty"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would disconnect the battery and then eat shit a few days later. I had a battery that wouldn't hold my shlong for a few days just because it was a bad battery.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Bretz View Post
    I would disconnect the battery and then eat shit a few days later. I had a battery that wouldn't hold my shlong for a few days just because it was a bad battery.
    i had a warrenty on the battery so i already replaced it. i think it may be the ignition switch or the dome light, recently the dinging noise has been intermittent so it has to be either the dome light or the ignition switch the later of which would suck really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ignition switch has also been giving me turning issues with the spare key cant remember about the normal one i dont have it rn will check when i get it back.