6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for Bro Decisions

The current Toyota Corolla iM that I'm leasing right now has been slowly killing my soul. What I thought was going to be a reasonably fun, fiscally responsible decision has got me regretting the monotony that I signed up for. The handling is ok, the sound system is pretty nice, its quiet on the highway. However most comments I get are in regards to me being a big guy in a small, slow, economy car. And that's primarily from women, which apparently is not a flattering image.

So I'm thinking that I'll pay the early termination fee of $2400 to be free of that car and drive around the lifted turd while I look for something more exciting/sporty, used, and in the 10-20K range.
    Anyone have information of how decent 370z's are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

2. Likes ZombieSatty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it!
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $2400 vs what? If your paying more to term than to finish out the lease, suck it buttercup, that's a bad decision.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    $2400 vs what? If your paying more to term than to finish out the lease, suck it buttercup, that's a bad decision.
    Its a 4 year lease. Im about 8mo into it so that 2400 equates to about 10mo of payments.

I could buy it out, but even with my max discount of 30% off the vehicle price after 30k miles, I'd end up losing the same amount of money [~2400] between title/registration [900], insurance, and the lower trade-in value [12.5 - 13.4 grand] compared to selling it privately [13 to 15 grand].
    Plus if I buy it, I have to trade it in to a dealer on the car I want which prevents me buying from a private seller.

I'm better off just dumping it and using my vehicles day to day or department vehicles for long trips.
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to the dealer and sat in a 370z touring over lunch. I fit for the most part and ergonomically, it should be okay, but they didn't have a manual on hand for me to test drive. Despite my strict manual requirement, they kept asking if I still wanted to buy the one in the showroom :/

The search continues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its anything like my 280zx. It'll be oodles of fun to drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

8. Likes 04quadcoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nad View Post
    If its anything like my 280zx. It'll be oodles of fun to drive.
    I expect it to be a hoot to drive. Unfortunately it seems like the price difference between a car with 15000miles and 90000miles is roughly 1-2 grand according to the online listings :P
    a decent one goes for 17-18 if its reasonably priced. So I might have to shell out 4 grand more than I was expecting.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you just trying to get laid, or are you really interested in a girl who is going to pass judgement on you for commuting in a perfectly rational economy car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world is superficial, even when if we try not to be or know better.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    Are you just trying to get laid, or are you really interested in a girl who is going to pass judgement on you for commuting in a perfectly rational economy car?
    I'm mostly trying to find a girl to date and start a relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    The world is superficial, even when if we try not to be or know better.
    Tony kinda hits it on the head. These females are not attracted to simple, sensible decisions and tastes. They want someone who leads an interesting lifestyle which is reflected in the type of travel, clothing, job, car, etc. you have. They're going to pick the one person out of dozens on their Tinder/Bumble list who seems like they will have the most fun with [and I'm not even talking about sex when I say that]. They want excitement and are rather superficial with how they approach deciding upon that.

Its a game to try to paint this image of yourself within one date to make you seem like an "attractive" person to spend time with. I have strikes against me already because I'm losing my hair, I look like I'm 35 [Dated a 37yr old, then she found out i was 27 and was shocked...], and I'm kind of a reserved/quirky person who it takes more time to try to open up to someone and let them get to know me.

Maybe its Ann Arbor being an affluent area and college town or me needing to continue working on better ways to communicate/deal with "small talk", but this whole dating thing is a load of shit.
    And to top it all off, both guys and girls alike think its funny that I drive my damn Corolla.
    So thats just too many quirks and I'm tired of trying to explain my decisions.
    Thus we arrive at the Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbor has a 370z. It's pretty nice, but obviously, sports car ride and with some age they develop rattles. Not Saturn rattles, just interior rattles. Could probably be fixed relatively easy. I'd drive one, but you're taller than me and maybe a touch bigger, so I'm not too sure how comfortable you'd be in it long term

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm mostly trying to find a girl to date and start a relationship with.

Tony kinda hits it on the head. These females are not attracted to simple, sensible decisions and tastes. They want someone who leads an interesting lifestyle which is reflected in the type of travel, clothing, job, car, etc. you have. They're going to pick the one person out of dozens on their Tinder/Bumble list who seems like they will have the most fun with [and I'm not even talking about sex when I say that]. They want excitement and are rather superficial with how they approach deciding upon that.

Its a game to try to paint this image of yourself within one date to make you seem like an "attractive" person to spend time with. I have strikes against me already because I'm losing my hair, I look like I'm 35 [Dated a 37yr old, then she found out i was 27 and was shocked...], and I'm kind of a reserved/quirky person who it takes more time to try to open up to someone and let them get to know me.

Maybe its Ann Arbor being an affluent area and college town or me needing to continue working on better ways to communicate/deal with "small talk", but this whole dating thing is a load of shit.
    And to top it all off, both guys and girls alike think its funny that I drive my damn Corolla.
    So thats just too many quirks and I'm tired of trying to explain my decisions.
    Thus we arrive at the Z.
    I have to say it. If a girl is going to judge you for making a logical Automotive choice, she is probably not worth your time, unless your just trying to get your wick sticky.

Regardless of your reasoning behind buying a fun rwd car, I fully support your illogical decision.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siris View Post
    I have to say it. If a girl is going to judge you for making a logical Automotive choice, she is probably not worth your time, unless your just trying to get your wick sticky.

Regardless of your reasoning behind buying a fun rwd car, I fully support your illogical decision.
    If I just wanted to impress girls, I'd probably go with some name brand [BMW 3-series, Audi S4], but I want something that will be awesome to drive. The Z kinda fits all bills, besides having no cargo room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How close is the engine architecture between the 350z and the 370? When I was still at a dealer, we had a 350 manual traded in. It was fun, I had the tail out on the shakedown test drive for the used car inspection. The only thing that struck me about it, was the engine sounded a touch harsh when you romped on it. That's why I asked about how closely the engines are related.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silver01sw2 View Post
    How close is the engine architecture between the 350z and the 370? When I was still at a dealer, we had a 350 manual traded in. It was fun, I had the tail out on the shakedown test drive for the used car inspection. The only thing that struck me about it, was the engine sounded a touch harsh when you romped on it. That's why I asked about how closely the engines are related.
    Yeah I think thats just what they do. High RPMs sound unrefined according to what people say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i understand they are both VQ engines, V6's with nearly the same components. However the 350z has a 3.5 and the 370z has a 3.7.
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how much truth there is to it, but I recall hearing that one of the reasons they weren't as smooth as others was that the v6 they started with was originally their truck engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've listened to videos and am not quite sure what they are talking about. Motortrend said it sounded like a vacuum at high RPMS. As far as I can tell, its similar to the tone change we get with our engines when you wring them out. Its not something I'm terribly concerned about.

I might wait another month to pull the trigger on one of these. It seems like prices will continue decreasing until the end of January from what I read if I am buying from a dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bottom end of the 370 should be similar to the 350, but the top end is a lot different. It has the vvel heads that controls the throttle with valve lift. It's pretty neat. I know a lot of people who have had 370Zs and the only complaints I have heard are about wishing they had the manual trans.

22. Likes alexofnazareth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the OE clutch slave cylinders go out on these things frequently. Aside from that and the "thin" paint getting peppered with rock chips, they seem to be pretty alright.

This is the one I'm eyeing:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=172734310

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast