User Tag List

Thread: oil pan spacer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oil pan spacer?

Curious idea but i saw on my Porsche forum about an oil pan spacer for them. from what i understand it is basically to help oil temps by adding additional oil in the pan, i figured it could be taken a step further by adding an oil return to it aswell if thick enough. the only issue i can currently think of for this is is the brace that is right there would also need to be spaced down and you would need longer bolts to accommodate this. (im only mulling this over because i am having custom parts made already and he told me that he would have a good bit of alumina leftover to make other parts with it if i wanted for marginal cost.) on that note would anyone want to go in on a set of Wilwood brake brackets? $300 a set maybe cheaper if there is interest. youll be on your own to get the discs machined though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on secondary thought i think this may move the exhaust to close to the ground when done aswell another inch on a lowered car.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just run an oil cooler pre supercharger or turbo mounted to the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
    I've just run an oil cooler pre supercharger or turbo mounted to the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    this was going to be my setup and probably will now htat i thought of the exhaust issue, unless i decide on hood pipes. just a thought to throw out there i guess. i was running on that *when in rome* ideal since it was gonan be a cheap thing for me.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you can't space the pan down without running into the ID of the crank pulley.

It would be much easier to just cut the pan and weld in areas to add volume. You could also add some 1-way doors for track work as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just make a horizontal baffle. cut hole for the oil pickup and dipstick. pan temperatures rarely get past 225*F unless you are doing road course (WOT for 15 minutes basically). hot summer after noon i had up to 270*F once.