Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to site not to saturns!

Ive had my 99 sl1 sohc for 7 years now. I currently work as a mechanic and have done all the work in my vehicle.
    When i bought it, it had a terrible misfire coupled with an insatiable tapping noise... plugs wires and coil packs didnt help. Removing the valve cover showed me there was a rocker arm missing a shim, after a month of searching i was finally able to find one and make the tapping stop as well as get rid of that pesky CEL.
    Currently it has a 3 inch intake and catback with a magnaflow muffler and a 4 inch tip. I also installed a huge air dam in the front as well as a spoiler off an sc. Its pounding 2 12inch jl audio subs in ported enclosures as well as 2 6x9s and 2 5x7 tweeters in the rear deck, with 6.5 inch jls in the front doors, complete with shag carpet 17 inch rims and million color sound activated led lights. Im currently in the process of turning my beater into a badass mobile mechanic tool transporter for convenience on sidework.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a 3 inch exhaust? Or just the intake is 3 and you have an exhaust with a muffler?
    Also Id like to see how the SC wing looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bumped up the back end of an aftermarket cat to 3 inches and ran it. as soon as i can find a dohc for the right price, i wanna do headers and boost it. Its just not worth the money on the sohc... although i have considered running nitrous because i could keep it after the swap.

Ill post a pic of it as soon as i get off probation

Question for ya though, turbo or super the dohc once its said and done?