Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

opinions on copping a pedal feel

Picked up a 3rd gen, and clutch is nearly gone (plus I hate the feel). I was hoping it would at least last to spring, but I doubt it will. So I am looking to replace. I am use to ACT and I love the feel, but it will take some time to get one it seems. I did see I could get SPEC fairly quick and cheaper than ACT. My problem is, I have only felt the SPEC clutch once back in 04 and I can't remember how it compares to ACT or even stock.

Anyone own or felt both and remember? Or at least know if the SPEC increases pedal feel? To me, it seems like SPEC changes friction material to increase torque capacity and retains stock clamp load. Maybe they modify the pressure fingers, but I don't think they will compare to ACT pressure plate.
    Last edited by TheMU47; 01-13-2018 at 07:42 PM. Reason: shens
    Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
    2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
    2002 SC2-New daily
    2017 Nissan Frontier-4WD home improvement hauler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 3rd gens have a self adjusting clutch, if you swap in an earlier gen clutch you will need a clutch master and slave cylinder too. Just going from 3rd gen to the earlier style clutches should instantly make the clutch feel better from what I've heard. I've never personally had a third gen with a manual.

Spec clutches are junk on these cars according to general consensus. I've never tried one.

Oem Luk style clutch kits are around $100 and will hold around 200ftlbs pretty well.

ACT clutch is not needed until your making over 200ftlbs of torque.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already have master/slave assembly coming. Primarily, the reason I wanted to know about spec was for pedal feel. I hate the stock pedal feel. I'm use to ACT and I think it feels perfect. The issue was, it was going to take much longer to get it over the SPEC.

But I just decided to buy the ACT street disc. My clutch was acting up the other day and just decided to go with what I know.
    Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
    2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
    2002 SC2-New daily
    2017 Nissan Frontier-4WD home improvement hauler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copping a feel on a tranny? Kinky boy!