Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Memeber from Arizona

As an adolescent I spent a lot of time in the back seat of a 1G SC2, this was my first experience with the Tupperware bodied cars. Although my understanding of Saturns let alone any vehicle really at the time was next to nothing but it sure felt FAST. My mothers boyfriend drove the USDM economy car like a bat out of hell rowing through the 5 speed like it was Fast and Furious and he had unlimited gear selection, along with the occasional E Brake slide I thought the car was amazing!! Throughout my teenage years I encountered the Saturn brand once again. My buddies and I bought and sold near a dozen vehicles within two years of having our licenses, and what does any 16 year old do when they first get their license, in our case we chose highly idiotic ideas such as throwing grapefruits out of someone's car and try to hit another car... we did it solely for the chase and the thrill. We all soon noticed that besides the obvious quicker vehicles that kept up with us when chasing, that every once in a while we would catch a Saturn right in our rear view. My knowledge for vehicles had since grown immensely but still lacked the knowledge of the FANTASTIC USDM Economy vehicle. It wasn't until I was out of Highschool at a job where a coworker was selling an 01 Satun SL2 5 speed although the car had a restored title and just about completely missing front end from hitting a shopping f art at damn near 75mph the $400 price tag was well worth it. And this is my first Saturn a 2001 Beige Saturn SL2 5 speed1.9L DOHC with a mere 127,000 miles what a champ this car was impressively fast to me and it seemed to be indestructible. The first 2 weeks I owned it, was with out a radiotor I just drove around with 5 gallon jugs to keep the engine operating properly. After slight modifications to the car warm air intake, removed cat back exhaust, and rally spec dirt tires... the car did its fair share of rallying while I owned it and I even managed to put it on its side for about 50 ft. The trusty old steed was sold after my father crashed it during a diabetic coma although disappointed in losing the best dollar to fun ratio vehicle I've ever owned was the fact that I sold it for $100 more that I bought it which seemed like a terrific deal. Years pass and the Saturn Itch as I like to call it comes back and I have a desire to own a Saturn once again, my boss just as a joke sends me a a 1997 Saturn Sw2 Auto that has been cut and turned into a truck. Instead of sharing a few laughs about it, I contacted the kid and bought it from him for $650, aside from sealing most of the leaky rear 2X4 I didn't modify the car very much all considering it was an autotragic and it's already in its desired price range for a custom Saturn Ute. I pared ways with Saturn truck for exactly the same price I payed for it in about march of 2017. Now to present day I still love S series saturns and wish to to a reliable turbo set up which is what I plan to do with my tax refund from this year
    Thank you for welcoming me to the forum
    -Robert

2. Likes TheMU47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pics of Ute required
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

4. Likes TheMU47 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Likes TheMU47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bet you could really make that shit work with a bit of fiberglass. Paint it green - Minte Carlo. LOL
    LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
    visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya except I don't own it anymore, was a great car the couple of months I owned it though ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my vote in for a turbo turd.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I actually just stumbled across a post the other day with what I believe to be this exact same thing! I thought it was pretty neat, but would love to see the rear handles shaved, and the gap between the former door and body filled so it looks legit.