Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code readers not working anymore?

So at all the oreillys near me none of their code readers work for my car anymore (98 sc2) i would assume its because they are new bosch units that are up to date and have phased out saturn codes for some reason or another, anyone else run into this, old code readers that used to work still work just fine just the new oreillys one, sucks cause i moved out and dotn ahve one anymore and dont want to buy a new one to ahve it not work. what models you guys using maybe i can get something used for cheaper and know itll work.
    1998 SC2 - Blue - Turbo Project
    2001 Boxster - Grey - Daily and unfortunately for dealer "under warranty"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a cheap reader from harbor freight that should work fine.
    Or, what's a little cheaper and a lot of the guys on this forum use, get the torque app and a $5-$10 blue tooth dongle that plugs into the data port. I think they get the dongle from amazon.
    Hopefully one of the guys that uses the app will chime in.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I use OBDFusion on Android and iPhone.

There are much cheaper options out there, but at the time I had an iphone and I wanted a Bluetooth adapter instead of wifi.

If all you want to do is read codes, I have an old plug in handheld thing that does just that you can have when/if we do a trans swap. Its useless on new cars though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDarwin View Post
    I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I use OBDFusion on Android and iPhone.

There are much cheaper options out there, but at the time I had an iphone and I wanted a Bluetooth adapter instead of wifi.

If all you want to do is read codes, I have an old plug in handheld thing that does just that you can have when/if we do a trans swap. Its useless on new cars though.
    Yup, just get a cheap ELM327 dongle from Amazon and download either torque lite (free) or torque pro ($6) for Android and you can monitor any parameter that has a factory sensor

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk