Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wagon rear seat swap questions

Cross-posting from saturnfans becasue they didn't know. I've got a 98 SW2 and I want to get rid of the bar on the rear seatbacks. this is my utility vehicle so the more flexibility it can provide, the better, and whatever side protection the bar offers is moot as the seats are folded down frequently.

I want to know if the gen1 SW rear seatbacks are a straight swap with the gen2 SW's. No SC/SL strangeness, just two wagons and their seatbacks. should it all Just Work or will I need to do anything? I don't have any power tools so I'd like to figure it out before I start fussing with things. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That I'm not sure of. How the wagon seats latch up to the towers may have changed, but I don't know.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Get off my lawn.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have 1G SW2 seats around? It should only take a couple of mins to swap and find out. You don't even need any tools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to hit a junkyard this week and find out, but I wanted to save time if anybody knew offhand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swap complete! all wagon rear seatbacks seem to be more or less interchangeable.

The specifics: gen2/3 seatbacks have bracing pegs on either side that block gen1 seats and must be unscrewed with a t50 torx.
    the gen1 seats use a long metal peg with a plastic clip to secure them near the doors. the gen2/3 pegs are much shorter. you can use the gen1 pegs but it's a real hassle. all the pegs unscrew with a t30 torx.
    the gen1 seats are around 2 inches thinner towards the top and although they don't fold completely flat, they're noticeably closer to level!

other than that, it was pretty painless! thanks for the help, everyone!

6. Likes ZombieSatty, alexofnazareth liked this post