User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stay out of the mix and I don't feed the trolls

Hello Everyone,
    I may be new to you but, not to Scars. I bought my first three brand new from Saturn of Waco in 2002. No 1 a SC2 5 speed. I threw a piston through side of block at 175,000 miles in 2015. It's in storage, planning on full restoration, all parts ready, just need the time. No 2 a SW2 Autotragic for the wife. she threw a rod in it at 98,000 miles in 2009. I kept the SW2, got rid of the wife. It's in the barn waiting for me to decide what I want to do with it. No 3 a SL1 5 speed. It's still on the road going from one side of Texas to the other every week at 185,000 miles and counting. I love Twin Cams but, my lowly Single Jingle is still a road warrior after my Twin Cams have given up. Laugh if you want but, I still only use about 1quart of oil per 1,500 miles and still get 30-35mpg in town and 37-40mpg highway. I also wrote this in the welcome sticky. I'm not trying to be a repeat poster. I just thought I would put it where someone might actually see it. I would love to show tall some pics but, it seems the forum software can't handle my high resolution pics. I barley found a pic that would work for my profile. As Oat Willy would say "Onward Through The Fog".

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you do to those LLO's? They don't usually throw rods if you keep oil in them.

Welcome!

Turbo the twins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SC blew a head gasket internally while I was on my way back from the oil fields going too fast and hydro locked and sent the piston out the side of the block. The SW got killed by the ex when she ran over something or whatever and cracked the oil pan and it ran dry and threw a rod bearing and tossed the piston out of the side of the block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have window a few blocks myself.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by realistcdreamer66 View Post
    The SC blew a head gasket internally while I was on my way back from the oil fields going too fast and hydro locked and sent the piston out the side of the block. The SW got killed by the ex when she ran over something or whatever and cracked the oil pan and it ran dry and threw a rod bearing and tossed the piston out of the side of the block.
    Man, that's unfortunate. My worst nightmare, or one of them. I can happen to anyone. Glad you managed to fix it up, importsdontlikeme.

6. Likes realistcdreamer66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused. Why did you put my name at the end of your post? @RupertB

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about that. I didn't realize it put your name there. I wasn't even aware that it did that. I'll try and not have that happen again,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stay out of the mix and I don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by realistcdreamer66 View Post
    sorry about that. I didn't realize it put your name there. I wasn't even aware that it did that. I'll try and not have that happen again,
    I don't think it was you. I think it was rupert? No big deal either way.