Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

08 Vue xr rear door handle replacement

Could someone please help me with replacing the exterior door handle on an 08 Saturn vue xr. I removed the inside door panel and there is a bolt I cannot get to as the electrical connector is in the way. On the front door there was a plug in the side of the door that gave me access to this bolt but not on the rear door. Thank you.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will have better luck asking this on Saturnfans.com in their Vue section. No one messes with the latest generation Vue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly we used to replace the handles all the time. There was a recall to replace 4 handles. But that was about 10 yrs ago now and I don't remember specifics. I do know the back was a bitch compared to the front but I don't remember the trick off hand. I know we did not replace the entire housing. I think there was a cap on the back edge of the handle that came off and there a set screw. You could then get the back of the handle out and then the front would slide toward the back of the car a little and the handle would come out of the handle housing.

If you are trying to remove the door latch, there should be 3 torqx screws around the latch and then the latch comes out from the inside of the door. If you are trying to remove just the outside handle you don't need to mess with this as I mentioned earlier, the handle housing stays on the door.
    Last edited by S.Bretz; 07-04-2018 at 06:57 AM.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. I am trying to replace the outside door handle on the passenger rear door. In order to slide the handle back I need to remove the piece beside the handle. The bolt is not readily accessible as there is an electrical connector in the way. On the front door there was a plug in the side of the door that gave access to this screw/bolt. Not so on the rear door. I can see the bolt from an angle but cannot get at it straight on. Thanks.