Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

Hello everyone!

So I bought my 2001 SL2 about three months ago now and while my initial thoughts on the car were that it gets me from A to B I've since had a change of heart. 3 months ago i got my first job and decided the bus just wouldn't cut it anymore and the fact that my younger sister had just bought a 96 SC 2 for $800 convinced me to finally buy my own car. Few days later my mom tells me she found a car she wants me to check out, long story short I'm blind sided that i can afford a car that runs and feels nice so i ignore the warning signs such as

1. Its been sitting for months in southern UT uncovered

2. The spare tire has actually exploded in the trunk from excessive heat

3. The visors and interior roof cover are rotting off

4. The right rear window wont stay up

5. The A/C is busted and we live in Southern UT

Well my concerns gets me the car for only $700 (originally $1000), I take it home and do some more checks and find their almost no oil in the car at all and the dipstick is burned all the way up, so i make a run and put some oil in it and decide to take it into a shop the next day and here's where the trouble starts. The A/C compressor is toast, well who needs that I can just run with the windows down few days later my moms driving behind me and says my car is spitting smoke every time I accelerate from a stop. I take a look and i realize its oil so i take it in again to see how oils getting in and all 4 pistons have bad rings on the bright side their all equally bad so my engines not gonna die immediately just sometime between now and never. I figure its fine so they put some stuff into thicken the oil and i haven't had a problem since, cept maybe the dessert heat making my fuel gauge act like a geiger counter.

And well despite all this I've fallen in love with my little SC2 to the point that I've given it a name (Inferno after the Southern Utah sun and its lack of AC ) and baby it around town in hopes that I'll make enough money to fix the engine before it blows.

Almost forgot that the night i bought it at the urging of my mother i took it to a car wash and got to watch my driver side mirror get ripped off

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome.

Yeah that oil burning is a problem shared by all of us. Short of an engine rebuild and drilling holes in the oil control ring land, you'll have to keep adding oil.
    Its good practice at every fill up to check the oil level. Keep 2 quarts in the trunk for when you need to refill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

3. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

What he said ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what i figured I'd need to do, thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, welcome
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick add-on, This week I managed to lock my keys in my car twice, first time was a hassle to get them free. second time however was super easy, I just took my radio antenna off and hit my manual window crank with it thus allowing me to reach the latch with my hand.