Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Shaking steering wheel.

Hi fellow Saturn enthusiasts and builder's. I'm having a bit of an issue and not sure how to go about it.
    My steering wheel for the past month has normally shaken when applying the breaks at highway speeds (60+).
    It does not matter if its on a straight away, or a corner. This morning (2am), the steering wheel started to shake even at in city speeds. From what I can tell, it does it now from any speed above 15mph.
    After the shaking that occurred this morning, even the breaking feels a bit slower then normal. Les Shawb checked out my breaks a few weeks ago, and they said they look great. Only had some dust in the back drums and just had to blow them out.
    Its just a normal break setup. Rotors in the back, and calipers in the front. I had used front tires put on a few weeks ago from a shop, hoping that it would fix the previous shaking (and I needed new tires), but it did not.
    Honestly, I'm not sure if they even balanced the tires since it was a small shop, but the issue was happening before the used tires where put on, so I don't think its a balancing issue.
    The car is a 1998 Saturn Sw2 with the 4 speed automatic transmission and a dohc 4 cylinder engine. I have not touched anything that has to do with the steering assembly.
    There is no leaking coming from the axle boots and nothing to show that the CV joints are damaged.
    Pretty confused on where to go from here, all help is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Posted this in the wrong section.
    How do I delete this thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask nicely
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Ask nicely
    OH!

Please delete this threads mods My dumb self posted this in the wrong place.