User Tag List

Thread: Seats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seats!

Are by chance the majority of front seats easy to swap between Saturns regardless if its a coupe or wagon?
    The seats in my 98 wagon need to be replaced and its rare if the pic n pull near me has a 98 wagon.
    Generally they have 96-98 sedans and 2000 sedans.
    Would like to be able to just put them without modifying the rails if possible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by youhustlinmeboy View Post
    Are by chance the majority of front seats easy to swap between Saturns regardless if its a coupe or wagon?
    The seats in my 98 wagon need to be replaced and its rare if the pic n pull near me has a 98 wagon.
    Generally they have 96-98 sedans and 2000 sedans.
    Would like to be able to just put them without modifying the rails if possible!
    All S Series front seats are compatible - sedan, wagon & coupe. That said the seat belt buckles changed a couple times and the coupe will have extra functions (used for back seat egress-non issue) and a loop off the headrest that can be removed. The sedan and wagon are the same.

The wagon rear seat backs are different but you can modify sedan and coupe seat backs to fit. The coupe rear bottom seats have the cup holders and to move them over you need to also take the support structure below them.
    Current
    1999 SL2 MT (256K km, 10-2016 to present)
    2001 SL1 MT (415K km, 10-2008 to present)

Past
    1993 SW2 AT (03-2000 to 04-2010)
    2001 LW200 MT (06-2001 to 01-2005)
    1992 SL2 MT (06-1992 to 09-1997)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said.

Somehow in the process of swapping the current 02 coupe seats into my 98 SL, my headrests ceased to rotate. Not sure how that happened, maybe the screws for the non coupe headrest trim are too long?
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trottida View Post
    All S Series front seats are compatible - sedan, wagon & coupe. That said the seat belt buckles changed a couple times and the coupe will have extra functions (used for back seat egress-non issue) and a loop off the headrest that can be removed. The sedan and wagon are the same.

The wagon rear seat backs are different but you can modify sedan and coupe seat backs to fit. The coupe rear bottom seats have the cup holders and to move them over you need to also take the support structure below them.
    Sweet Thanks
    One more quick question. When taking out the front seats, would I have the seat all the way forward (towards the steering wheel and dash) or the seat all the way back, to release the pressure in the springs on the rails.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the way forward. But 8t doesn't matter that much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    All the way forward. But 8t doesn't matter that much.
    Thanks!
    Oh I could of sworn I read somewhere if you do not release the pressure the chair will shoot forward into the dashboard and windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by youhustlinmeboy View Post
    Thanks!
    Oh I could of sworn I read somewhere if you do not release the pressure the chair will shoot forward into the dashboard and windshield.
    I really don't think it matters if the seat is forward or all the way back. In all positions the track is locked in place and nothing will release when you unbolt the seat. I typically will move it forward and remove the rear bolts and then move it back and remove the front bolts. This leaves the track under the seat and it's easier to muscle the seat out of the car and the track won't be hanging out. If you release the seat when the seat is unbolted then yes the track will spring out the back; the springs are loaded when the seat is all the way back.
    Current

Past

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said.

Somehow in the process of swapping the current 02 coupe seats into my 98 SL, my headrests ceased to rotate. Not sure how that happened, maybe the screws for the non coupe headrest trim are too long?
    I'm not sure what you mean by ceased to rotate. Are you referring to early Sx2 headrests that were adjustable up/down, fore and aft? They took the fore/aft feature out in Gen2/3 seats. Perhaps 98's still had them - I can't recall when they switched over. I'll have to compare my 96/99 cars. I know for sure the Gen3 did not have them and I'm thinking the 96 does. Not sure about the 99 though.
    Current

Past

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I know my old black 2nd gen (? Year) SL2 headrests rotated front/ back. These 02SC2 headrests don't.

The up/ down moment is in the seatback, the headrests just have the rods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said.

Ceased to rotate? Did the 3rd gen ones rotate?
    The ones in my 98 sw2 defiantly don't rotate, just move up and down.