Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back into the saturn

Years ago i started on my 93sc2, things happen, move a few times. Now i live outside the city and have room, so i decided to mess with it again.
    It was my daily then turned into a project. I was using a hacked ecu with safc2, 550cc injectors & aeromotive fpr, only ran it a few times like that. i had pulled the turbo kit off, put back the stock injectors, ecu, slapped on a header and built a 2.5" exhaust. Then i let my cousin drive it for a few years. I at least tuned it with the safc2 & fpr. when he was done with it i just parked it.

Now installing the MS2 and 750cc injectors, Still need to change the fuel pump. Now that it will never be a street car again, might have to put it on a diet. Not sure if i need it with the ms2 but i do have an MSD dis2 programmable. Will have to see how it goes after tuning (have slicks) but if its not enough i do have a direct port nitrous kit i can slap on. It has been a while since i driven a FWD. Most likely i will run 116 leaded, easier then installing the methanol kit i have. I plan on building a long travel buggy so if/when that happens i would pull the motor and turbo switch to air to water IC, and the MP2 with welded diff i have.

motor
    crower rods, JE pistons, ferrea valves & springs, crower cams, ported & polished head, ARP studs
    extrude honed intake, bored TB, 750cc injectors. ACT flywheel, 6 puck solid
    Turbo
    straight 4-1 manifold. turbonetics BB 60-1, 3" down
    cooling
    civic size radiator, 32x12x3" intercooler
    suspension
    progressive coilovers (1 needs rebuilt), progressive rear swaybar, AMR rear STB

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to for the DIS2 with the MS2, you can control the ICM directly with a 1k ohm resistor on the EST wire between the MS and the ICM.

I would say that you should still drive it on the street. A turbo turd is a lot of fun and will surprise a lot of people.

Welcome back.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used to run a T3 with 7psi that was a blast.
    with smog it's to much to deal with, and the front would have to be reinforced. crash bar removed. I have had the car for 16 years and ran the crap out of it the whole time. I owe it seeing full potential. I really wanted to transplant everything to the rear and make it a mid engine with trailing arms, traction what a thought, but i have too many cars. i just inherited a 1964 Chrysler New Yorker, was my great grandpas, and a 1970 triple black pontiac grand prix SJ, was my grandmas. both all original, been sitting in a barn for 20+ years. got my uncles 77TA needs work, i have 2 camaros. I had got hurt at work, sciatic nerve damage so i am limited on what i can do any more. I wanted a drifting saturn, but i have to be realistic on what i can do now.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DORIFTO.

Mid-engine turd...maybe if it was a wagon. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.