Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on a Nissan Xterra

Looking into buying my wife a second gen Xterra. Anyone have any experience with them? We want a mid-sized suv that is frame on body construction has a decent 4wd system for lake effect snow and will last 250k minimum. Also isn't a pain in the ass to fix or get parts for. Ideally, we'd like a 4runner but the generation I'd want is a bit out of our price range of $6k. Seems most American vehicles start to fall apart by 150k mark and none are on various recommended used suv lists. Also looking into another subaru but she'd like something different. Any other vehicles I should be considering? Please no Rav4 or CRV's. I need to enjoy driving whatever we get.

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astro 4wd or GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

3. Likes leadfootny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, the Subaru must have seen this post. The very next day, it died about 120 miles from home. I am going to tinker with it a bit but I believe the computer is shot. We were getting significant amounts of water above the windshield where it was rotted. Fortunately we were semi-expecting this so we had already gotten loan paperwork started. After an extremely hectic 4 days, we found our new vehicle. An 2009 Nissan Xterra S. It's essentially a Frontier with passenger space. Body on frame construction with a 4.0 v6. I already put it to the ultimate test as I just came back from NC to retrieve my turd. Did pretty well..got 19.9 mpg on the way down and 14.2 back up. I figure I was towing about 4000 lb and had no problems keeping up with traffic averaging 70 mph. Gonna put some better springs on it before towing again but I think this is the way to go for future TOTD trips. Was way more comfortable than the turd for 12 hours...lol. Anyways, here's a pic of it. I've got a tow pic of it in my build thread (Didnt want to spam it all over the site).

Oh and Alex, I tried suggesting the Astro to Lexy (my wife) and was told to GTFO...lol

6S Resident Hasselhoff. alexofnazareth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good find. I know AJ has only said good things about his Frontier 4.0L.
    Definitely fix that saggy ass syndrome there.

Also tell wifey to get bent.
    <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. Livewire View Post
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.