Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont Shoot!! Anyone Try Honda Suspension On S- Series?

So my buddy at work is a big honda guy with too many hond parts laying around to keep track of. Hes letting me pick thru it b4 he goes to sell it all. So I'm curious if anyone has tried to adapt honda coilovers. Hes got a set. If that wont work what about simply using honda lower springs...? Also any other honda parts you might think of let me know. Other ideas include getting s honda header cutting flange and re weld to a flange matching the DOHC head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Honda are the parts from, nsx, Civic (what generation?), Crx, s2000, rsx, Integra, Accord? There are far too many products they have made to say, other than that 99.9% are not remotely similar to Saturn suspension components and by the time you have spent the money to get the few that could be adapted to fit to actually fit, you could have bought neon or wrx or custom made ones that could actually be adapted with only needing a couple of holes being opened up.

If you want to grab a set of "universal" coilovers sleeves and springs most commonly sold as Honda coilovers they can be adapted to work. I use them on my Volvo 240, they can be used on Saturn struts as well but you might need to change the springs depending on the length you need and the spring rate that can be accommodated by the Saturn struts. General rule of thumb is that you don't want to go past about 300 pound front springs and 250 rear on even kyb struts, the h&r race springs were known for not being able to be controlled by anything other than Carrera housings with Carrera inserts or koni adjustable inserts at those rates.
    Jonathan
    Just a guy with a thing for tubeframes and motorswaps...
    Saturns, I have them, too many of them actually