Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on Injectors for running low boost

Ok guys. I assembling my ms2 and taking my time at doing it. I'm running 8psi on stock compression. I have everything I need except injectors. I'm having lack of info on proper size injectors for running low boost on our sattys. The stock injectors would work but I know it would be rough. And doing a proper tune I dont think i need to run 80# injectors to increase the flow. I do have on hand that were giving to me from a friend injectors out of a 3.8 supercharged Pontiac grand prix. They are the ev6. Part# 0280155811. I was wonder if any of u guys know a anything about these injectors . I've been googling for the last 5 days and all i can find out that their of course 390 cc at 36#. I'm trying to find out the limits to these injectors. Max limits. And also I'd these will work well with our sattys. I know by experience every car is different with injectors and tunes. A little help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/Technical

I had some like that. I think mine were 42s, don't recall exactly. They look high impedance also @ 12 ohm. They should be OK for starters probably with low boost.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2003 BMW e46
    2001 Saturn SC2 - Forged with everything but boost - FOR SALE PM FOR MORE INFO
    1998 Ford Ranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock injectors are good for about 2psi before things get too lean.
    36-42's are a good starting point. If you do not want to go over 8psi, both will work...just go with whatever you can find for cheaper. If you do plan to turn it up then start with the 42's or possible 52's depending on how much boost to plan to run in the future.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

4. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay that's a good link hnic. Looks like I'll be doing some math tonight lol. Yeah I'm starting with 8 psi just to get to know my satty on boost. I want to perfect a tune for it and then start adding forged internals and more boost. This is how I was tought to tune cars and truck. Plus going from bottom barrel to high end patron u learn more. Thank u guys for that info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Orange Volvo injectors from the turbo i5 are 31lb. Easily had at almost any junkyard.
    72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
    95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?