User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introduction, New Member From Pennsylvania

Hello Sixthsphere community,
    I joined the site a while ago, and never really did anything with it besides making my account. I remembered it after talking with a guy from Philly while picking up some factory fogs for my 1995 Sl2. After reading the "New To Sixthsphere?" thread I decided that it would be beneficial to introduce myself to the forum.

My name is Chris, and I am from Quakertown, Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes north from Philadelphia. My father was a Saturn tech at the local dealership (Doylestown) from 1995-2000, he jumped ship once the L-Series came out, claimed his gravy train was over.

-Currently, I own a 1995 Sl2 which I bought and manual swapped to a mp3 trans with the fifth gear set from a mp2 in June of 2018. It has 160k miles on it and runs great. I got it for a song, as it needed a sub frame and the mp7 auto was on it's way out (had the original red saturn filter, definetly was not changed since 2009). So after the sub frame and manual swap, it has been on the road since then. I have also added cruise control, a leather steering wheel, and factory fog lights.
    -In the past I owned a 1994 Sl2, bought it from the original owner in the fall of 2017 with 56k miles on it. It had a manual (mp3) as well, and was perfect. Power doors and windows, cloth seats, cruise control, and abs. It was my dream car, but I rolled it in the winter of 2018 after hitting black ice and rolling it into a ditch. I stripped the car down to the frame pretty much, and kept all of the electronics, powertrain (mp3 trans is now in my 1995), and interior (which I later found out has a different grain pattern than my 1995). So I essentially have most of the car left, just not together...
    -My dad still has a 1999 Sl2 with the annoying cali emissions package and a sub par mp7 which I repaired last summer (201 by putting on a sonnax updated valve body from Local 619 Saturn Mechanics. I have yet to do a 100k mile service on it, as he rarely drives it and it just rolled over (or counted, since it has the electronic odometer).
    -My brother has a 1997 Sl2 manual (mp3) which is bone stock with 190k on it. I helped him install his exhaust (stock) and that is all we really had to do with that one.

My future plans consist of maybe doing a deebs build on the engine from my 1994 Sl2 (LLO) as it is just sitting and I really have been itching to play with it. I also am planning on making myself an adjustable short throw shifter, just need to find a cheap stock one besides the one in my car. Lastly I am also going to rebuild our spare mp3 trans and either have the diff pin welded or stick a larger roll pin in it.
    I know these are lame things, but I am new to the performance and modification scene. I would love to have a turbo or supercharged sleeper, but I know it is going to cost way too much, take too much time, wont be reliable to daily drive (I commute 30 miles to college daily), and most importantly is way too advanced for me to handle.

I most likely will not post much once I get out the noob center, as I prefer to sit and read instead of asking dumb questions and being spoon fed everything. I see it all the time on Saturnfans, which is a great noob friendly site with helpful information. Afterall, it is where I learned most of what I know aside from just diving head in. I am just looking to expand my field of knowledge.

Thanks for reading my novel and letting me onto the site.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice intro. Welcome
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schuylkill County here! Welcome! I'm also new!