User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midlife crisis brought me here! Hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Tony. When I was 16, I bought my first car. A 94 SC2 with 240k miles. That was over 15 years ago. Since then, I've owned and built SW's, SL's, and a few SC2s! I've had low, and slow Saturns with loud stereos. I've had nitrous Saturns with no a/c, ps etc. I got away from cars for awhile, and let work take over my life. Then, I found a new job, which allowed me time to have a hobby again. The one thing I miss about my youth is my Saturns. I am actively seeking a pre-98 DOHC with the 5 speed (mp3?) to build the TURBO Saturn I've always wanted. I have a 2000 LLO on my engine stand for some mockup purposes (I know, the heads are different). I have the early style a/c saver manifold, turbo, intercooler, wastegate, oil lines, and downpipe already fabbed for the car. All I need is a megasquirt, injectors...and a car haha. I plan on documenting the entire build, and maybe doing some type of vlog on youtube as well. I remember all the help I got when I first frequented this sub as a teenager. I learned a lot from you guys, and plan on returning the favor! Thanks for having me here! If anyone has a clean SC2, SL2, or SW2, please let me know. I'm located in Eastern Pa, but I would pay to ship the right car depending where you're at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where in Eastern PA? I am below Allentown, and there's a few decent Sl2's around here. Most would need to be manual swapped, but that is easy. There is a 1999 SC2 in the Allentown Harry's U-Pull-It junkyard, has all of the goodies to switch it to a manual, except the hydraulics and one shift tower selector (thanks to me). There's also two Sx2's in the Hazelton Harry's but that is a hike to get to the Saturn section.
    If you're looking for a first gen there's a really clean 1993 SL2 for sale in Lancaster, PA. Garage kept and grandmother owned. I would but it but it has the typical broken odometer, and I like to know my mileage, and it is also an auto.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgg17 View Post
    Where in Eastern PA? I am below Allentown, and there's a few decent Sl2's around here. Most would need to be manual swapped, but that is easy. There is a 1999 SC2 in the Allentown Harry's U-Pull-It junkyard, has all of the goodies to switch it to a manual, except the hydraulics and one shift tower selector (thanks to me). There's also two Sx2's in the Hazelton Harry's but that is a hike to get to the Saturn section.
    If you're looking for a first gen there's a really clean 1993 SL2 for sale in Lancaster, PA. Garage kept and grandmother owned. I would but it but it has the typical broken odometer, and I like to know my mileage, and it is also an auto.
    Thanks. I am in Schuylkill County. I've seen most of the cars you mentioned. Unfortunately, a lot of the people aren't motivated sellers. Or the cars were rusted out when I went to see them. Going to check out a 93 SC2 tonight! Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that the pink/purple one with black leather interior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgg17 View Post
    Was that the pink/purple one with black leather interior?
    Yep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you luck, it is a clean looking coupe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you fabbed with the 2000 head on the engine then you may run into fitment issues. The head is stinkier so I think the exhaust flange is closer to the center line of the engine then the older heads.

Other than that, welcome back. I like your motivation and look forward to seeing it running. We can help with just about anything you need so if you have any issues and/or questions feel free to post up.

Also... please revisit the nitrous. A wet 50 shot is really run on a turbo turd.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You live close enough to me that I could hands on help you with the tuning process. Hit me up if you are interested I sell/tune Electromotive systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.