Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diamond in the rough found in Anchorage, AK

2002 SPS edition SC2....Saturn of Anchorage sold 2 SC2's in 2002 with these SPS parts... Im not sure about the interior...i know they made some special editions with the trick interior but theres not much information...never the less, a SUPER COOL find and edition to my collection

IMG_20181222_132317.jpgIMG_20181222_132304.jpgIMG_20181222_132224.jpg

2. Likes dynonacht, importsdontlikeme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one of these for sale local to me but the lady wants 25 GRAND, the car is yellow.
    2001 red Sc2m R.I.P.
    1998 gold Sc2m (Goldylocks) Ms2 turbo construction
    1995 white Sc1.5m N/A (Becky) R.I.P.
    1999 navy blue Outback 2.5m (un named) DD

4. Likes shifty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dynonacht View Post
    There is one of these for sale local to me but the lady wants 25 GRAND, the car is yellow.
    LMAO....$25k....thats insane....well, maybe i got lucky because i didnt even pay 1k lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a short throw shifter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFistedJustice View Post
    Is that a short throw shifter?
    sure does...its a real deal SPS short throw from back in the day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to get some more information about the SPS saturns.... I actually saw this exact car on the showroom floor 17 years ago and SPS had a display rack at the location... I was curious as to the interior...did Saturn outfit these coupes with the 2 tone interior for the purpose of collaborating with SPS? or did the dealership take a limited edition car and modify it? I emphasize the the dealership's role because I test drove the "sister car" that was red with the same modifications was backed by the same warrantee as stock trims

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty View Post
    I was hoping to get some more information about the SPS saturns.... I actually saw this exact car on the showroom floor 17 years ago and SPS had a display rack at the location... I was curious as to the interior...did Saturn outfit these coupes with the 2 tone interior for the purpose of collaborating with SPS? or did the dealership take a limited edition car and modify it? I emphasize the the dealership's role because I test drove the "sister car" that was red with the same modifications was backed by the same warrantee as stock trims
    To the best of my knowledge, only the 2001 Limited Edition (commonly referred to as “Bumblebee Edition") SC2 came with a two-tone interior from the factory and all 99 of those were yellow. The 1999 Saturn SC Performance Concept had a two-tone black and red interior, but that was a one-off show car (a collaboration between Saturn and SPS). The white two-tone interior in your car may have been installed by the dealership but almost certainly not the factory. This is the first I've hard of the SPS Edition cars. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on the subject.
    '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
    '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
    '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
    Wanted Thread (None)

10. Likes importsdontlikeme liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to an old Saturn tech and he said that saturn slated 99 cars for the SPS modifications....each state got 2 cars with the exception of tennessee that got 1....how much truth there is to that remains speculative...but the fact remains that they did sell brand new coupes with this trim...the red SC i test drove with the SPSmods had the two tone interior as well....there is NO WAY these were exclusive to Alaska...so with thatsaid....there has to be someone out there that knows the history of these....